Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the thoughts on the North Korea conflict now?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the thoughts on the North Korea conflict now?

Besides all the stuff I'm reading/hearing about on the news now, I don't really hear anyone talking about this conflict that seems to be rising everyday. Everyone I try and talk to about this would rather pretend it's not happening. I was wondering what other people's opinions on this were? The nuclear activity, sanctions, and the possibility of another war?

It seems to me every morning I wake up and read the news it's just getting worse, and the coming days don't look to be getting better.

Is it possible that this issue can be resolved in a peaceful manner? or have we already passed that bridge? Should the U.S get involved if we are already in two other conflicts now?

I'd like to have a nice clean/civil conversation with anyone who has thoughts on this issue.

No one's pretending it doesn't exist, it just doesn't. Kim Jong-il wants nukes because he thinks it will secure North Korea's sovereignty and his control - and he's right. Of course the world doesn't like this, but so what, it's not like we're going to do anything that would risk Seoul getting vapourised. It's an unfortunate situation, as it will pretty much confirm to the rest of the Iran's out there that getting nukes really is worth it, as the chances of the west attacking a nuclear power are slim to none in my opinion.

Comment

if the north seriously tries to launch it's nukes it wouldn't be long till we go over there and level them

Comment

Looks like in some of the newest news, Some 100,000 citizens in North Korea are backing up the leaders with this. Why would anyone, let alone the citizens support this kind of behavior? The country is already in poor shape, yet they want war?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_koreas_nuclear

Though I doubt this can be resolved anytime soon, with more threats and the citizens agreeing, it's only going to get worse now.

A part of me wonders if all the information getting to the public in North Korea is actually accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
          Looks like in some of the newest news, Some 100,000 citizens in North Korea are backing up the leaders with this. Why would anyone, let alone the citizens support this kind of behavior? The country is already in poor shape, yet they want war?
          http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_koreas_nuclear

Though I doubt this can be resolved anytime soon, with more threats and the citizens agreeing, it's only going to get worse now.

A part of me wonders if all the information getting to the public in North Korea is actually accurate.
          Fear. I wouldn't be surprised if the citizens of North Korea are afraid what would happen if they went against the government
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Fear. I wouldn't be surprised if the citizens of North Korea are afraid what would happen if they went against the government
            I guess so, but over 100,000 is a lot.

Comment

I doubt it's fear, more likely the effect of political propaganda and indoctrination since year 0. Of course it's stupid to do what they're doing, but they don't know that, they don't have the free access to information that we do, for all they know North Korea is as powerful as Kim and the rest of his cronies try to convince the population that it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                I doubt it's fear, more likely the effect of political propaganda and indoctrination since year 0. Of course it's stupid to do what they're doing, but they don't know that, they don't have the free access to information that we do, for all they know North Korea is as powerful as Kim and the rest of his cronies try to convince the population that it is.
                That's what I was thinking too. The information they're getting from all this probably isn't correct.

When I read that article this morning, all I could think of is why do they all want to rally against America now? I guess I might not be up to date on all the current events surrounding this, but what has the U.S done to North Korea lately besides tell them to back down off of the nuclear development? Nothing that certainly warrants a 100,000 man march yelling "crush them".

It seems like all the provoking is coming from there side.

Comment

Kim Jon-il(is that right?) kind of reminds me of Jack losing it in WoO(4.06), Kim just isn't right in the head he's got more than a couple screws lose up there, but anyway what jenks said was right:

Originally Posted by jenks
                  it's just the way that communism works, but the thing he doens't realize if it was really bad we would do something before he even had a chance to launch the Nukes. The North Koreans look at us almost the same way that the ultra-radical Arabs(I have nothing against faith/religion/race or anything I'm talking about the people that bombed the US and/or still fighting us over there y'know) look at us, we are the evil empire and if they knock us off they we become more powerful by doing so. They just think were 'evil' and stuff, they don't realize what freedom is y'know free speech, free religion, it how they were brought up.
                  R.I.P. you will be missed

My Top Five Favorite Quotes/Quips(right now)
                  Spoiler:
                  "Well, it's like my grandma used to say, if at first you don't succeed..."
                  "Try a larger thermonuclear reaction?"
                  "Her words exactly."

"We are beacons on the road to enlightenment."
                  "No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you."
                  "Nice work on the metaphor."
                  "Thank you."

"Will you excuse me? We just don't get out of Cheyenne Mountain enough. I'm gonna grab some air... outside. General, Captain, General... waiter."

"General."
                  "Colonel. We've all met."
                  "Yes, actually we know each other's life stories."
                  "That snippiness?"
                  "Is that a word?"

"If we want to find out who's behind this, we have to do what the Asgard do."
                  "You mean bluff?"
                  "Yep. We just need to do it without revealing what we know."
                  "Which is nothing."
                  "Right. But they don't know we know nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
                    if the north seriously tries to launch it's nukes it wouldn't be long till we go over there and level them
                    I hear ya...he's just digging his grave.
                    1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

Do it Do it North Korea fire nukes at usa and usa fire your nukes too at them when it all done canada can gat what life over. JK

possibility of another war like WW3 i might as will use my stargate that i have to leave earth and go to the planet of women who know me as ther god be for it starts.
                      ... So said Deline before the Battle of Ages. He spoke to the sky and said, 'And the people shall deliver unto you the wicked for your divine judgement, where their sins shall be weighed in the balance of all that is just and true.'

Comment

No one's pretending it doesn't exist, it just doesn't. Kim Jong-il wants nukes because he thinks it will secure North Korea's sovereignty and his control - and he's right. Of course the world doesn't like this, but so what, it's not like we're going to do anything that would risk Seoul getting vapourised. It's an unfortunate situation, as it will pretty much confirm to the rest of the Iran's out there that getting nukes really is worth it, as the chances of the west attacking a nuclear power are slim to none in my opinion.
                        Actually, this is much worse than you think. North Korea has done things recently which point at aggressive, not defensive, intentions. They have revoked the truce with South Korea, and they are demanding the withdrawal of US troops from South Korea. There's a very real possibility that they intend to use their nuclear weapons as a blackmail option to guarantee success of an invasion of South Korea- should the US or anyone else come to SK's defence, or should the war not go NK's way, NK will threaten to drop the A-bomb.
                        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                          I guess so, but over 100,000 is a lot.
                          It wouldn't suprise me if they were forced to do it.

Kim-Jong-iL is a little man that's wants power and everyone to think he's a big shot. However, unlike the some of the middle-east countries he has absolutely nothing anyone wants, or any reason for anyone to pay attention to him. His country is poor, he starves and dominates the people but stil no pays him any attention and that probably pisses him off. So like a bratty kid to get attention, he has to pull out the nuke flag.

At this point he hasn't shown that he can get one anywhere close to the US but if I was Japan I would be super worried one of his tries would blow up or crash over their country.
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by sramir2 View Post
                            it's just the way that communism works, but the thing he doens't realize if it was really bad we would do something before he even had a chance to launch the Nukes. The North Koreans look at us almost the same way that the ultra-radical Arabs(I have nothing against faith/religion/race or anything I'm talking about the people that bombed the US and/or still fighting us over there y'know) look at us, we are the evil empire and if they knock us off they we become more powerful by doing so. They just think were 'evil' and stuff, they don't realize what freedom is y'know free speech, free religion, it how they were brought up.
                            Well no, it's not, though it does seem to be the way a lot of parties calling themselves communists seem to operate.

Comment

Well no, it's not, though it does seem to be the way a lot of parties calling themselves communists seem to operate.
                              And somehow there's no Communist party anywhere that acts differently once in power.
                              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                              X