Richard Dean Anderson Meet the Man Vancouver 5-8th August 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Dean Anderson Meet the Man Vancouver 5-8th August 2010

GABIT Events are thrilled to be able to announce that we have teamed up with our good friends LEGENDS Memorabilia and been working feverishly to bring you a pair of very special events in Vancouver in 2010.

From 5th – 8th August 2010, we are thrilled to bring you “Meet the Man (MTM)”. This will be Richard Dean Andersons’ first one man event. The event will kick off on Thursday 5th August with an exclusive cocktail party for 80 lucky Charmed Pass holders. These optional extra ticket upgrades are highly sought after and allow for entry to the cocktail party dinner which Richard will attend and circulate the tables. For all attendees there will then follow three full days of activities. The ticket price will include all the main hall activities as well as one in person autograph from Richard and a professionally taken photograph opportunity for every attendee. The format for the Event will be similar to Amanda’s GABIT AT Events, with the number of attendees limited to around 350 only.

The week before MTM from 30th July – 1st August 2010 we are also pleased to be able to bring you the first Official Sanctuary Event –“The Sanctuary Experience”. This Event will involve the main cast, directors, writers and as many of the other talented people at Sanctuary productions who are able to drop in over the course of the weekend. The Charity to benefit from this event will be Amanda’s new Charity Initiative “Sanctuary for Kids” We will bring you further details about this event shortly.

More details regarding the process for registering your interest in tickets for either of these Events and ticket prices will be available shortly.

Please watch the GABIT forum and website (www.gabitevents.co.uk), Legend’s website, www.legends-memorabilia.com.
    Gateworld’s forums, Amanda’s official website (www.amandatapping.com) and Richard’s official website (www.rdanderson.com) where any further announcements will be made.

Best wishes
    The G4 and the Legends Team

I know where i'm gonna be next summer

amanda and the sanctuary folks one weekend, rick the next.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder whether I should just move to Vancouver for 2010!!!
      The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
      Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

i was plannin on gatecon and creation next year in vancouver but the news from gabit convinced me i need to rob a bank.. err i mean.. think carefully about my con plans next year..

if i can get in on the tix, i am in for both cons and the week btwn for some serious stargate location touring!!

(anyone need a ticket to creation vancouver next year? i'm just kidding.. i think) ;0)

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
          I'm beginning to wonder whether I should just move to Vancouver for 2010!!!
          i wonder what site would have good rental info for vancouver.. maybe for a 3 month lease?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            I know where i'm gonna be next summer

amanda and the sanctuary folks one weekend, rick the next.
            Ditto. I'm leaning toward doing both Cons back to back and taking a good few weeks off work to enjoy it all and Vancouver as well.

Kudos to Gabit once again!

Comment

That is good news. I really hope I can go there to see the man again.

So next summer Vancouver again!
              No Jack= No Way

Comment

OMG! This is so cool.

G4 you guys rock.

Comment

i took this from another list, just because it answers a question that I'm sure will come up
                  If one of our guests at a single person event is not able to attend,
                  the event would be postponed. You're right you can't have an AT event
                  without Amanda and you can't have a Meet the man event, without the
                  "Man". Now obviously a lot would depend on the why as to how much
                  notice can be given of the postponement, but we would let people know as
                  soon as we were able.

Tickets are normally non refundable and not transferable, however, If
                  the event is postponed, everyone's tickets would be "suspended" and we
                  would attempt to rearrange the date. When Amanda was pregnant we
                  obviously had to wait several months before setting a new date so the
                  length of this phase may vary. When we have the new date all attendees
                  would be informed and asked to confirm they still want their tickets for
                  the new date. if they do, then fine, alls well. if they don't, we
                  arrange a refund and then we sell that ticket to someone else who didn't
                  get one before. Please note however, we are not responsible for any
                  losses attendees might incur such as in non-refundable/ non changeable
                  travel etc. etc.

When we had to postpone AT1, we did have some people who just could not
                  make the new date so they were refunded their ticket money and we sold
                  the tickets to other people who had not been able to make the first
                  date!! However 90% of people just hung on and kept their tickets and
                  attended AT1.

The full refund/ return policy specifically for MTM will be in the FAQ
                  which will be available before tickets are sold. We do expect demand for
                  these tickets to be high and to prevent scalping, attendees will need to
                  inform us if they cannot attend and we will put them in touch with
                  someone on the waiting list. Private transfers are not permitted and
                  you will need to state the full name and address of every person for
                  whom you register the initial tickets for.

With multi person events, the drop out of a single guest does not mean
                  the event cannot proceed. Indeed the guest is usually replaced by
                  someone else and the event goes ahead. You will need to check with the
                  individual event organiser before you purchase your ticket to see what
                  their policy is.

Becky Preen
                  GABIT Events Ltd - Director of Operations.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just a general question for the Gabit folks. With two Cons now announced, and being back to back weekends, I was wondering at the possibility of a package deal for people who are planning/hoping to come to both conventions?

Comment

Wow, it certainly is all happening Stargate wise in Vancouver in 2010!

Originally posted by bikerchic1977 View Post
                      i wonder what site would have good rental info for vancouver.. maybe for a 3 month lease?
                      Maybe I should consider taking in some fellow RDA fans as guests, for a reasonable rate of course! Don't know what hubby would say to an invasion by a bunch of RDA fans! He thinks just one is enough!

Anyway, here's some sites that look OK.

http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/f-housing...s-W0QQCatIdZ42

http://www.comfysuites.com/suites.html#rates

http://www.makeyourselfathome.com/available_weekly.html

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                        Just a general question for the Gabit folks. With two Cons now announced, and being back to back weekends, I was wondering at the possibility of a package deal for people who are planning/hoping to come to both conventions?
                        We did discuss the question of combination tickets but decided not to offer them and keep the tickets for the two events completely separate. These are two separate fandoms and whilst there is some overlap of fans, the two events are completely separate and independent of one another.

We may be running them on two adjacent weekends but that is purely from a staff logistical point of view.

Hope that answers your question.

Julia G4
                        Chairman and Guest Services Director, GABIT
                        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Don't know how I missed this thread, but definitely need to subscribe to it! Looking forward to more info! The ticket price will likely determine if I attend or not. I've got a bunch of trips planned for next year, likely this will be the only one convention related, providing it's within financial feasibility.

Can someone tell me how much the AT tickets were?
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            Don't know how I missed this thread, but definitely need to subscribe to it! Looking forward to more info! The ticket price will likely determine if I attend or not. I've got a bunch of trips planned for next year, likely this will be the only one convention related, providing it's within financial feasibility.

Can someone tell me how much the AT tickets were?
                            Of course

Normal weekend pass: 179 british pounds
                            Extra for charmed pass (includes cocktailparty): 90 GBP
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow, that's not really bad at all. Be nice if they charge canadian dollars for the event that takes place IN Canada . . . LOL!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                              X