First Official Sanctuary Convention 30th July-1st August 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Official Sanctuary Convention 30th July-1st August 2010

GABIT Events are thrilled to be able to announce that we have teamed up with our good friends LEGENDS Memorabilia and been working feverishly to bring you a pair of very special events in Vancouver in 2010.

From 30th July – 1st August 2010 we are pleased to be able to bring you the first Official Sanctuary Event –“The Sanctuary Experience”. This Event will involve the main cast, directors, writers and as many of the other talented people at Sanctuary productions who are able to drop in over the course of the weekend. The Charity to benefit from this event will be Amanda’s new Charity Initiative “Sanctuary for Kids” We will bring you further details about this event shortly.

A second event which may be of more general interest to fans is our second event: 5th – 8th August 2010, we are thrilled to bring you “Meet the Man (MTM)”. This will be Richard Dean Andersons’ first one man event. The event will kick off on Thursday 5th August with an exclusive cocktail party for 80 lucky Charmed Pass holders. These optional extra ticket upgrades are highly sought after and allow for entry to the cocktail party dinner which Richard will attend and circulate the tables. For all attendees there will then follow three full days of activities. The ticket price will include all the main hall activities as well as one in person autograph from Richard and a professionally taken photograph opportunity for every attendee. The format for the Event will be similar to Amanda’s GABIT AT Events, with the number of attendees limited to around 350 only.

More details regarding the process for registering your interest in tickets for either of these Events and ticket prices will be available shortly.

Please watch the GABIT forum and website (www.gabitevents.co.uk), Legend’s website, www.legends-memorabilia.com.
    Gateworld’s forums, Amanda’s official website (www.amandatapping.com) and Richard’s official website (www.rdanderson.com) where any further announcements will be made.

Best wishes
    The G4 and the Legends Team

Just out of curiosity I did a bit of research into how much it could cost. Since I can only go till Mai 2010 the margin for error is big but still a direct flight cost, this is the cheapest Birtish Airways!, 756,84 € . Its an 18:20 H flight!

Thats one person. And just the flight! No hotel or the tickets!

Yup, this is never going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
      Just out of curiosity I did a bit of research into how much it could cost. Since I can only go till Mai 2010 the margin for error is big but still a direct flight cost, this is the cheapest Birtish Airways!, 756,84 € . Its an 18:20 H flight!

Thats one person. And just the flight! No hotel or the tickets!

Yup, this is never going to happen
      This is from Brazil? Yeah, I'd imagine it's pricey. That being said, you need to hit a sale. Jutt keep an eye out. I assume your airfare will be way more than mine (USA East Coast) but you should do better than that. When i went to London at Christmas the price was $1200US. In March it was a bit over $500US.

For me, my best option *might* be to visit the brother in Seattle for a few days on either end and take the train up. Or not, depends on time allowed off and price differences.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

one thing to consider the might help some...fly into seatac (seattle) and drive up to vancouver. it's a 3 hour drive (barring traffic/car wrecks etc) and you might want a car anyway if you're gonna be there for both cons)
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          one thing to consider the might help some...fly into seatac (seattle) and drive up to vancouver. it's a 3 hour drive (barring traffic/car wrecks etc) and you might want a car anyway if you're gonna be there for both cons)
          Just remember to about double the quote you get from the Seattle rental agencies. There are a lot of fees involved; it's one og the most expensive placed to rent a car. I shudder to think how much they charge for taking the car out of the country.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            This is from Brazil? Yeah, I'd imagine it's pricey. That being said, you need to hit a sale. Jutt keep an eye out. I assume your airfare will be way more than mine (USA East Coast) but you should do better than that. When i went to London at Christmas the price was $1200US. In March it was a bit over $500US.

For me, my best option *might* be to visit the brother in Seattle for a few days on either end and take the train up. Or not, depends on time allowed off and price differences.

suse
            Its from Portugal. Its a low cost, it could be chearper or more expensive it depends on the season in Vancover. Its not a normal route, I get really cheap flights to London or other European cities. Not to mention that I can drive to any European city.So it will never be cheap enough. Plus the hotel and sfuff.

It might just be cheaper to fly to London and then Vancover. Low cost flight there then low cost flight to Vancover LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
              Its from Portugal. Its a low cost, it could be chearper or more expensive it depends on the season in Vancover. Its not a normal route, I get really cheap flights to London or other European cities. Not to mention that I can drive to any European city.So it will never be cheap enough. Plus the hotel and sfuff.

It might just be cheaper to fly to London and then Vancover. Low cost flight there then low cost flight to Vancover LOL
              The big issue will be the transfer. Airlines are beasts about splitting routes for best prices like that. You might have to stay overnight each way. Which is expensive. If you have to, try a hostel overnight. You probably know more than I do about it.

Is this offtopic for this thread?

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                The big issue will be the transfer. Airlines are beasts about splitting routes for best prices like that. You might have to stay overnight each way. Which is expensive. If you have to, try a hostel overnight. You probably know more than I do about it.

Is this offtopic for this thread?

suse
                We are talking about a way to get to the event so lol

Well overnight in London is not a prob for me. I have friends there.

Comment

I sympathize with those who have to come from overseas for the con. I have a similar problem going to AT events in London. As I'm in Canada, a Vancouver Sanctuary con is fabulous for me.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    I live in Seattle and it was a two hour drive with a stop (for fast food) for lunch to Vancouver, not 3 hours. Of course, the summer might require a longer wait at the border. That might make the difference.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      I sympathize with those who have to come from overseas for the con. I have a similar problem going to AT events in London. As I'm in Canada, a Vancouver Sanctuary con is fabulous for me.
                      Hey, quite showing off

I will probably drive again like I did for the last con. It wasn't that bad and the drive home was even quicker. Never hurts to have a car just in case.

Hey - how are you doing? I suppose it's too early to pack for November?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Hey, quite showing off

I will probably drive again like I did for the last con. It wasn't that bad and the drive home was even quicker. Never hurts to have a car just in case.

Hey - how are you doing? I suppose it's too early to pack for November?
                        Canada's a big country so you are actually closer to Vancouver than I am. I won't be driving, I'll be flying (literally and figuratively).

I'm doing fine, thanks. How are you?

I think I need to book a flight for November before I start packing.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I wonder if there's any chance that Kavan could pop in?

me fangurls Kavan

ssssssssssooooooooooooooo pretty

I think i'd fan gurl him more than i would rick
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Canada's a big country so you are actually closer to Vancouver than I am. I won't be driving, I'll be flying (literally and figuratively).

I'm doing fine, thanks. How are you?

I think I need to book a flight for November before I start packing.
                            I doing fine. I already have my tickets booked (last of my free miles) for London. Holding off of doing anything with Vancouver until I get the tickets for the conventions. Just hope I can get them.

I know have to wait. Not one of my better traits. I keep looking for November to show up on my calendar. And, now I have to wait to see when the two new convention tickets are up for sale and try to get them. This stuff is beginning to get expensive.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                              I doing fine. I already have my tickets booked (last of my free miles) for London. Holding off of doing anything with Vancouver until I get the tickets for the conventions. Just hope I can get them.

I know have to wait. Not one of my better traits. I keep looking for November to show up on my calendar. And, now I have to wait to see when the two new convention tickets are up for sale and try to get them. This stuff is beginning to get expensive.
                              Hehe ... *is not going to say it*

patience is a virtue

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X