Hallways, Staircases and Elevators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallways, Staircases and Elevators

(Here's a thread for any random interactions between characters in the base hallways, staircases, or elevators. Please remember to indicate where you are coming from/going to and/or where you are. (i.e. <From Mess to Linguistics Lab> or <In front of the north mess hall door> etc.) )
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

<elevvator from mess (L2) to level 4>

After disposing of his trays Michael stepped in the elevator. Now that he had a team he had to be prepared. While a strange version of Girl from Impana played over the speaker Michael pressed the 4 button and waited for the elevator to start. Once it did so he watched as the number on the level indicator rose as he went down. Once arriving at his floor Michael exited the elevator.

Comment

((OOC-Prof- Just an FYI- the elevator is not fixed yet. -The engineering team has not fixed them yet. They will be fixed the morning of the next day. It is still evening right now, for them.))
      sigpic
      Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

[From Mess to Briefing]

Sharp and Thor exited the mess and made their way to the stairs, meanwhile, Chris got on his radio.

"Communications, this is Sharp, could you patch me through to team leaders?"

"Yes sir, give me a second."
        They entered the stairwell and stared making their way down to the next level.
        "Alright sir, you're on in two."
        "Thanks." Sharp said, waiting a couple of seconds.

"All team COs, this is Sharp, please make your way to the briefing room immediately, A-SAP." He swore under his breath, he had forgotten to mention that SG-3 was off the hook. "Except you Lance, sorry about that."

[To Briefing]
        sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

>> From the Mess hall >>

Carrie walked over to the elevator and slid her card through the reader before turning towards Zach. Noticing his unhappy appearance as he got closer, it struck her, ‘Oh dear… He’s thinking I’m about to chew his head off after that discussion we had the other night…’ and decided to definitely change tactics.
          She sighed and tilted her head and asked in a rather low voice, careful not to sound like she was judging him on beforehand, “What happened between you and Claire? Want to talk about it?"
          The elevator chimed and the doors opened, Carrie looked between the elevator and Zach, "After all, we are heading the same way..."

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

<<Zach Black in trouble with the girls!>>

Stepping more behind her than next to her Black waited quietly for the elevator. Hoping this would remain professional yet, he knew it probably wouldn’t. He was again about to be locked in an elevator with a woman. Although this ride was certain to again be Claire oriented. However, surely not be so ... a grin spread across his face. For a short moment his thoughts drifted to her embrace as he was lost in the sound of her voice. Hearing her taunting tone that provoked his inner being to want to drink in more of her.

Carrie’s inevitable question wiped away the grin and quenched the drift that was roaming deep within his eyes. Zach looked to the doctor deciding whether he really wanted to go there. Momentarily saved by the bell, only momentarily as she prodded on. Dang her, there was something very endearing about her manner. She was the type of person that always made you feel safe to let your insides hang out to her. Before you knew it you were sharing how you felt on the inside as well as the outside even if you had thought you really hadn’t wanted to.

With a small grimace he responded, “Captain Oxford happened between us.” He leaned back against the wall as he adjusted the sling. Pulling his latest treasure from within, his eyes studied the print on the book's cover. Dr. Black made no offer of further details.

Last edited by aintright; 14 September 2009, 08:08 PM.
            sigpic
            SCORE!!
            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Carrie frowned, “Oxford?” then shook her head, “Can’t say I know who that is, never been very good at names though. Come on, from what I saw the other night the two of you seemed to pretty serious…”
              She grew silent and studied him for a few seconds, “What’s with the book?”

Comment

<<Zach Black all shook up!!>>

"He's new in town." Taking a deep sigh he went on, "Well, not to Lt. Davis." The book moved slowly binding over loose pages under his stare. Zach let out a small snicker to her comment of appearing serious, "Glad to know I wasn't the only one drawn into that misconception." His eyes drifted up to meet Carrie's. Out of habit he gave a little shrug followed by a grimace as the shoulder reminded him it was still a little raw.

"This book?" He held it up before her. "An amazing find in Foreston. It would have been considered a steal on earth. Now it is just a treasure to those who choose to remember." He pasted on a triumphant smile, yet, his eyes revealed reality.

sigpic
                SCORE!!

Comment

“Misconception?” Carrie sighed, “That bad uh? You want me to talk to her?” She didn’t mention the reference Claire had made about him acting like a five-year old not wanting to put more fuel on the fire, but then again, she had a feeling Claire was exaggerating. “It’s no big deal…” she added with a shrug and a smile, “talking to her I mean, if you want me to.”

She shot a look at the name of the leather covered book, “ ‘Moby Dick’, never read it, saw the movie with Gregory Peck though. Doesn’t sound very intellectual I know, seeing the movie instead of reading the story, but hey what can I say? I was a rebellious teenager…”
                  Carrie snorted and grinned, “Maybe I should give it a try now that I’ve grown up.” The bell chimed, the doors opened and Carrie pushed away from the wall she'd been leaning against, “…and then it was back to work…”

>> to Infirmary >>

Comment

<<Zach Black all shook up!!>>

"I am afraid you would be wasting precious energy. Besides, I am not going to force her into a corner." Up to this point the book had still been doing its little tumble over and over itself. The motion stopped and Zach looked up to address Carrie. "I have done enough of that already. I am afraid I took advantage of her vulnerable state. For that I have apologized." He stopped abrubtly to take a deep breath. The guilt he felt was expressed by both his tone and his body language. "She deserves better than that." Again a short silence and the book was once again in motion. "Maybe the Captain will be better at it than I am. Never has been my strong point." There was a small tilt of the head. Black's whole speech was really a long chat with himself.

As Carrie moved onto the book a new glint took over his eyes. He perused the cover of the book endearingly. Then with indignation across his face, "Never read Moby Dick? You are kidding me right?" He was clutching it tightly with his good hand. "This, this is a classic. The movie, good grief you are kidding?" He was wide eyed and his voice had raised in volume. "Not that Peck." He was shaking his head. When the consideration of reading registered he held the book closer. His mind was working out whether he would actually trust anyone with his newly acquired treasure.

The ding of the bell eased his internal strife. He knew it was unlikely she would actually follow through. Too much of a workaholic. "So, okay to go and read to Brih, ummm, Miss Simmons?"

sigpic
                    SCORE!!

Comment

Sharp made his way out of the briefing room, slightly hoping to see the cute blond captain walking the other way.

'Ah well.' His mind wandered back to the mission at hand. 'Information, disguises, weaponry, bribery.' Ideas raced through his head as he made his way down the stairwell, unconsciously hopping down, step by step.

After he exited on sub-level five, he stood there looking around. Sharp had forgotten why he had gone down there in the first place.

'Oh, right. Team meeting.'

Chris switched over his radio frequency over to SG-1's.

"Ashwood, Whitely, Black- Team briefing in the...uh...lounge. A-SAP. See you there. Sharp out."
                      He figured the lounge would be a nice, comfortable place to brief. Plus, he remembered that he still had a pie waiting in the fridge.

[To Lounge via quarters]
                      sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<<from SG-5 Office to Mess Hall, in a Stairwell>>

Jen walked along the hallways after leaving her office. Kari stepped off the stairs as Jen was about to start on them and the two women narrowly avoided a collision. "Whoa, didn't see you, Boss. Just coming back to look for you."

"Talking to Hughes. He had some concerns. And guess who is on Gaia?" Jen didn't give the captain a chance to guess. "Doc Shelder and Captain Oxford. Both of them are here. I saw Shelder and an Army sergeant heading for the surface and Oxford is apparently commanding a new SG-6 unit."

Kari looked as green as Jen had first felt when she'd seen Doctor Shelder. "Both? Well, I have nothing to be embarassed about. You were the brat to our babysitters, ma'am."

"You blew a hole in the wall of the Beta Site Mess, Crescent. All I did was be a little rambunctious without Sarge around. If someone had thrown me over their knee and spanked me, I would have behaved just perfectly."

Kari giggled as the two parted ways. On the landing below, a bemused young airman who'd heard the conversation completely out of its proper context was scratching his head.

CAPT Kari Crescent
                        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<In The Stairway Somewhere between Sharp and Blue>>

Not really awaiting a response as he hit the stairway. He really didn't have time but he had to know. He headed to the infirmary. He still needed to see Claire. He needed to gather his things. Finding Claire wasn't that difficult since he pretty much wrapped himself around her on the stairway. Pulling her in tight as he allowed her presence to stabilize all of his being.

sigpic
                          SCORE!!

Comment

Between level 5 and 6

Pretty much lost in her thoughts, Claire didn’t see anyone coming down the stairs nor she heard the footsteps either, right till she bumped into the person, hard, causing her drop the denim jacket - part of her civilian attire she wore - she held in her hand flooring at her feet. Before she could say anything, she felt the persons arms around her which made her eyes go wide as saucers, before she got her bearing and realized it was Black, when his scent reached her nose. Scowling she made a motion to move, but it was too late since his arms held her tight. Jerking away was appealing and would be well deserved. Instead she sighed and greeted, “I didn’t realize that bumping into people had become a form of art for you, Dr Black.

Slowly moving away from him. “If you don’t mind I have things to attend to,” sighing she looked at him, forcing herself not to go to the memories from the day before, she gave him a tight smile, which was neither friendly nor warm, “I did really like to stand here and chat, but you have made it clear where we stand. If there a ‘we’.

Still.

But of that she doubted, due to this faceless Simmons over whom he was concerned over. “So if you excuse me I really must go.

Comment

<<In The Stairway Somewhere between Sharp and Blue>>

Feeling Claire weasel her way from his arms he looked down at her; his puppy dog pout eyes in full swing. Suppose that was to be expected. She has her true love back in her life. Keeping his eyes on hers as he bent down to pick up the dropped jacket. The smell of her hung on it. He didn't quickly relinquish it.

Originally posted by Rain
                              “I would really like to stand here and chat, but you have made it clear where we stand. If there was a ‘we’.”
                              "I am trying to give you all of the space you need Claire." His voice was low and held an edge of anguish. "The 'we' part is up to you." Zach's puppy dog eyes lingered. He stood in silence just watching her wanting to talk to his best friend. The thought of going on a mission without her didn't sit well with him. It was wrong, all wrong.

Originally posted by Rain
                              “So if you excuse me I really must go.”
                              Raising the jacket he inquired, "Going somewhere?" Not really wanting to know in case it was off with Oxford but, curiousity won out.

sigpic
                              SCORE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X