No announcement yet.

The First Commandment (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed this episode. As someone else said, began Carter's long line of boyfriends/old boyfriends who wind up fried (I know he didn't actually get fried, so please don't correct me on that) and showed some of the problems when you play God.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Playing God...does this means that I have to stop making the aliens blow up SimCity?! Curses!

Comment

What a nutcase that Jonas was and poor guy that got burned
        Lord Zedd

Comment

Hansen dialed, didn't he. He said he was sending them to Earth but it could have been anywhere with an active gate. LOL He was cool. I liked seeing the continuium of Sam's taste in men. If she greets every guy with the genitles speech no wonder she scares off all the sane ones.

Every time the shows reset I say I'm not going to watch anymore but I do. There's always something new to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Slainey
            Every time the shows reset I say I'm not going to watch anymore but I do. There's always something new to notice.
            Yes, I do that too. I pass SciFi looking for something else, and eventually wind up back at SciFi watching Stargate instead of the show I was looking for in the first place. I like to catch the little stuff; it's what makes a show good. That's also why I like reading spoilers. If I know where a plot's going, it gives me time to concentrate on the details without being distracted by plot twists and unexpecteds.

Comment

IMOHO Jonas was an arrogant control freak. The planet’s environment was just the ‘alcohol’ he needed to open up & give free reign to his ‘dark side.’ (Sam admitted he liked control and that “he had this in him”…) Apparently their engagement was well before the SGC, because she said to Daniel that “he seemed like he'd really pulled himself together when we met up at Stargate Command,” implying that they'd been apart for a long while. Was really irritated when Sam wouldn’t pull that trigger to rid them all of Jonas.

Favorite Line: “Well. We're off to see the wizard.” (Jack)
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                I Was really irritated when Sam wouldn’t pull that trigger to rid them all of Jonas.
                I think the Sam of later seasons would have.

Comment

Yeah. I think she needed to "grow up" a little.
                  Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Why could Sam be engaged to Jonas, but not have a relationship with Oneill?

And if its because he's her direct superior officer, why couldnt she request a transfer to SG-2?
                    FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Why havent we taken a study of the of UV force field thing. If we could backwards engineer it then it would be an excellent thing. There is so much skin cancer in our world (obviously not as bad as there world). We could use that on Earth.

I was a little disapointed when Sam didn't just shoot Jonas but that was the only thing i didn't like.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
                        Why could Sam be engaged to Jonas, but not have a relationship with Oneill?
                        I believe this happened before SGC came into being by the way they were talking about it.

Comment

But they still would have been in the Air Force.
                          FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
                            But they still would have been in the Air Force.
                            Yes, but that doesn't mean they would've been in a direct chain of command.

This ep was a bit of a mental shrug for me. The concept was interesting, but it just couldn't pull me in. I would've liked to see more back story on Sam and Jonas because it was a stretch for me to see someone like Sam going for a guy that went that nuts.

"We're off to see the wizard." Long live the wizard of oz references!
                            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                            Daniel: Oh! You see?
                            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

So UV radiation causes people to go insane and start to believe that they are gods? Oookay
                              Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Thats really just dehydration and sun stroke combined. The Gods thing was just his own delusions.
                                "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                                http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X