No announcement yet.

The First Commandment (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Davey : That was in Cold Lazarus, you posted it in the wrong thread.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It’s been moved.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        It’s been moved.
        Thank you.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This episode is the first time we have a wizard of oz reference, right?
          Also, kind of cool that we start getting canon info ironed out because SG9 was on the planet for 4-5 weeks which would not have happened later on.

Comment

Originally posted by dez3b View Post
            This episode is the first time we have a wizard of oz reference, right?
            I think so... many more to come...

Comment

Originally posted by dez3b View Post
              Also, kind of cool that we start getting canon info ironed out because SG9 was on the planet for 4-5 weeks which would not have happened later on.
              I got the impression that not every team did the same type of missions. SG-1 was a front-line team, so they did short term exploratory missions. They had some teams that seemed to specialize in certain areas, ie. archaeology, and those teams might spend longer on a particular planet while they conducted a dig. Another team specialized in diplomacy, as I recall.

SG-9 may have been a team that were tasked with longer term missions, potentially spending several weeks on a planet.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Am I the only one that thought it strange that O’Neill gave two direct orders that were ignored and he just kinda shrugged it off?

I could see how he might give his team the benefit of the doubt after they had been together for a long time, but they’ve just formed.

I’m also wondering whether anyone knows if the ‘Special Forces gone rogue’ is a thing that has happened. Seems plausible, but I wonder if the writers may have been inspired by true events.

Comment

Originally posted by skysmurf View Post
                  I’m also wondering whether anyone knows if the ‘Special Forces gone rogue’ is a thing that has happened. Seems plausible, but I wonder if the writers may have been inspired by true events.
                  I think that's just a popular theme to use in a show that deals with military forces. It certainly makes for good story telling.

Comment

Am I the only one that thought it strange that O’Neill gave two direct orders that were ignored and he just kinda shrugged it off?
                    Sadly, it happens all the time, especially if the person on the receiving end is Daniel. No wonder he kept dying.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I could see how he might give his team the benefit of the doubt after they had been together for a long time, but they’ve just formed.

I can't remember who exactly ignored the orders, but if Daniel was one of them (which is quite possible), then there's not a lot Jack can do about it with Daniel being a civillian. He can't be court marshalled, so I guess he just has to deal with it.

Plus, I guess the fact that Daniel saved Jack's life on Abydos gives him a little leeway.

Comment

Originally posted by SGCSokar View Post
                        I can't remember who exactly ignored the orders, but if Daniel was one of them (which is quite possible), then there's not a lot Jack can do about it with Daniel being a civilian. He can't be court marshaled, so I guess he just has to deal with it.

Plus, I guess the fact that Daniel saved Jack's life on Abydos gives him a little leeway.
                        Sam ignored his orders when she went to try and reason with her former fiance, and she didn't get in trouble - as far as we know.

Comment

Originally posted by SGCSokar View Post
                          I can't remember who exactly ignored the orders, but if Daniel was one of them (which is quite possible), then there's not a lot Jack can do about it with Daniel being a civillian.
                          The better question here: when is Daniel actually following orders?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            The better question here: when is Daniel actually following orders?
                            Very true. Not just from Jack or Hammond either (or well, anyone on Earth). I mean, he couldn't even follow them when he was ascended...

Comment

I imagine, rules and orders are more like guidelines to Daniel.

Like a Brit once told us, Flemish folks, the traffic rules here are more like guidelines than actual rules.

Comment

So, Daniel is a less drunken version of Jack Sparrow?

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X