No announcement yet.

The First Commandment (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kept thinking he was a character that had shown up earlier in the show in an episode I had missed or something (this is before I bought the DVDs). I don't kow it seemed so soon in the series for random SGC personel having past relations and going nutzo.

I guess it really shouldn't have been that confusing, I'm just weird that way.

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

yeah we didnt even know about sam and this dude till this episode they should just have a episode to show all the relation ships the people have had

Comment

Originally posted by Miyth
        I kept thinking he was a character that had shown up earlier in the show in an episode I had missed or something (this is before I bought the DVDs). I don't KO it seemed so soon in the series for random SGC personel having past relations and going nutzo.

I guess it really shouldn't have been that confusing, I'm just weird that way.
        I suppose I can understand that, don't sweat it!

yeah we didnt even know about sam and this dude till this episode they should just have a episode to show all the relation ships the people have had
        *Cough* ha ha that would probably be an extremely flat storyline.

Perhaps tptb shouldn't have created that link between them but it didn't bug me enough to dampen my overall opinion of the episode.
        sigpic

Comment

I so do not understand what Sam ever saw in that man... but then again we all make mistakes
          It's a good thing she gave back that ring when she did I think.
          But I keep hearing that Jonas was abusive?.... that wasn't mentioned in the episode right? at least I can't remember. was he?
          : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
          Geeky : Oh brother...
          : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Hope this is the right place to post this.
            What did everyone think of this epp? I am sure it has been talked about over and over but being brand new to the gate I was wondering what everyone thought. Is it a metaphor for egypt? Am I way off? Is it ok if I post my thoughts as I watch each show or has those topics grown stale before I gat here? Just very excited about this show and don't rreally know anyone who watches it. Watching this show to me is like watching a really good mini film. anyone think that way?

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67

Comment

What did everyone think of this epp? I am sure it has been talked about over and over but being brand new to the gate I was wondering what everyone thought. Is it a metaphor for egypt? Am I way off? Is it ok if I post my thoughts as I watch each show or has those topics grown stale before I gat here? Just very excited about this show and don't rreally know anyone who watches it. Watching this show to me is like watching a really good mini film. anyone think that way?

Comment

Originally posted by Theimmortaljedi View Post
                  Please do post as you watch! I don't have Sky, so I'm catching up watching the DVDs and am only just finishing Season 3.

One of the things I love about Stargate is that it works on so many different levels and, as you say, each episode is a bit like a short film in its own right.

I'm no expert, but I think this episode could well be seen as a metaphor for Egypt.
                  sigpic
                  Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

thanks. yea the way he made them build even if it killed him, building to a man claiming to be god. i think i read that that is how alot of people feel the buildings where built

Comment

Originally posted by Theimmortaljedi View Post
                      thanks. yea the way he made them build even if it killed him, building to a man claiming to be god. i think i read that that is how alot of people feel the buildings where built
                      Egyptian mythology is very complex and I think the jury is still out on the building of the pyramids, etc, though that is certainly one of the theories.

The relationship between Egyptian Pharos and their gods was also very complex; one wouldn't necessarily have to pose as a god to get their subjects to do their will, just making them believe that they have a close enough relationship with the gods would have been enough.

But that's all IMHO, I'm no expert on this stuff.
                      sigpic
                      Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

I can't recall any episode of SG-1 that I hate, but this one is probably closest. I concur with the other people who have said that it was too early for someone in the SGC to go crazy. Also, the whole plotline, imo, is preposterous. Yeah, it has its moments like any SG-1 episode, but overall it's just weak. It could've been much better in a later season, I believe.

Comment

I loved this episode, Hanson could have been a good renegade bad guy but they just had to kill him off. Carter also had barely any emotion for him. I know they broke up but come on.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by bob rulz View Post
                            I can't recall any episode of SG-1 that I hate, but this one is probably closest. I concur with the other people who have said that it was too early for someone in the SGC to go crazy.
                            You would have thought they would have some better screening on their troops than they showed. BUT then again, since the SGC program is so new still, who knows what changes they made to the screening process..

Comment

I was going to criticize Sam for being engaged to a guy who enslaved a planet and worked his followers to death, but I realized I've dated worse.

6/10

Full Review:http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...mmandment.html
                              My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                              http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Didn't really enjoy this ep much. The trees are pretty tough to be able to withstand the really hot rays of the sun. The vegetation seems quite healthy.

Sam's so smart to be able to fix alien technology. She should have pulle the trigger though.

Comment

Working...
                                X