The First Commandment (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PugGate
    So UV radiation causes people to go insane and start to believe that they are gods? Oookay
    Think of it this way. Hes out for a whole day? In alot hotter tempature and deadlier sun rays then Earth. Hes obviously not feeling too good at the moment and isn't quite right in the head and then the people start prasing you. Then maybe he gets better but decides to roll with it or maybe he never gets quite right.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
      Think of it this way. Hes out for a whole day? In alot hotter tempature and deadlier sun rays then Earth. Hes obviously not feeling too good at the moment and isn't quite right in the head and then the people start prasing you. Then maybe he gets better but decides to roll with it or maybe he never gets quite right.

People with god complexes tend to make others very afraid. very, very afraid
      Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

I just saw this ep. for the first time today (I haven't seen a bunch of Season 1) and I finally understood the "Colonel on my uniform" allusion in Wormhole X-treme!

If he was insane, why did the other SG guy follow him? Was he insane/sun-touched too? And if he was just power-hungry, again why would the guy follow him? I wondered that throughout the ep.
        Last edited by yasureubetcha; 10 March 2005, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
          I just saw this ep. for the first time today (I haven't seen a bunch of Season 1) and I finally understood the "Colonel on my uniform" allusion in Wormhole X-treme!

If he was insane, why did the other SG guy follow him? Was he insane/sun-touched too? And if he was just power-hungry, again why would the guy follow him? I wondered that throughout the ep.
          I guess the sun on that planet causes earthlings to think they are gods. Wacko
          Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
            So UV radiation causes people to go insane and start to believe that they are gods? Oookay
            Insane, yes. God complexes, not really. All the radiation did was further unbalance Hanson, thus giving his control complex a little more room to roam.

Comment

I don't really know what to make of this episode.....I kinda enjoyed it. Here starts Carter's infamous Black Widow curse

Comment

Go Girl!!! way to go Carter, hitting that guy

Comment

A little Carter here me roar.........not the most original plot........but hey it was in the first season and i liked it

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                    It was to early in the series for someone from the SGC to go nuts.
                    shows you how far things have come around.

this was a good episode a little boring didn't like the beginning with that guy getting killed.

also it shoed that same had a relaionship with some one at one point and it wasn't all work and no life
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

this episode was average, because i liked the idea that there might be some sgc personnel that might just go crazy and use their knowledge to gain power. i really liked this episode.

Comment

Shows how stuff can go to your head fast!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice intro to a part of Sams personal life. Didn't like Jonas but I guess we weren't meant to either. Best part for me was when Sam punched the bad guy for hitting the slave guy. I like tough soldier Sam - especially when she decks a baddy who's almost twice her size - nice!!!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Haha I have always found carters fighting very awkward and out of place. I think she is tough but do you know what I mean when I say she literaly fights like a girl haha.
                            sigpic

Comment

This episode always erked me a bit... I think it was just too soon in the show, and it REALLY confused me the first time I watched it. I couldn't figure out who the Jonas guy was and I kept feeling like I had missed an episode or something.

Don't get me wrong, it was an okay episode; I just wish they would have waited a little longer and placed it a bit farther along in the season.

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

I never really got that feeling while I was watching it jonas was with the sgc and had a past relationship with sam........ Why did it confuse you?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X