No announcement yet.

The First Commandment (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who was that guy... was he part of an SG team and went nuts?

Comment

Exactly what was the device in the pic supposed to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
        A force sheild is bounce between two of the devices that is to keep the sun's dangerous raditaion out.

There is a young man in the show that helped SG-1. Wasn't he also one of the children from Abydos?

Comment

who was that guy... was he part of an SG team and went nuts?
          Did you actually watch the episode? Yes Jonas Hnasen was commander of SG-9, Conner's unit, he wnet nuts and pretended to be a god. Hos 2nd in commnad seems to have gone along with it. Conner and the other member of the team ran for the gate and the one whowasn't conner was killed.

The device create a sheild to block harm uv radiation.

This was all explained if you actually watched an episode.
          It was to early in the series for someone from the SGC to go nuts
          No, It better someone went nuts now that later, surely the first time your called a God is going to most tempting rite?
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
            Did you actually watch the episode? Yes Jonas Hnasen was commander of SG-9, Conner's unit, he wnet nuts and pretended to be a god. Hos 2nd in commnad seems to have gone along with it. Conner and the other member of the team ran for the gate and the one whowasn't conner was killed.

I agree Craized, you'd actually understand if you actually watched the episode. But since I just got up, the device is used for a bright energy beam. He had one of two devices, and needed them to be activated. Yet, he doesn't know how to turn them on...until Carter arrives.
            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              Weird ep,IMO. I didn't really enjoy some parts of the story,but there were some good moments.
              I'll have to rewatch this ep as it's been a fair while.

Fave quote/scene : Daniel to Sam:"This tastes like chicken ".
              Sam:"What's wrong with that?"
              Daniel:"It's Macaroni Cheese".

So much for M.R.E.s !
              That was a pretty good part, but also the part where Carter knocks down the guy beating the slave with his gun was pretty funny.
              "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
              http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Originally posted by darkwarden
                That was a pretty good part, but also the part where Carter knocks down the guy beating the slave with his gun was pretty funny.

That bit wasn't too bad, it did make me laugh, but then what needs to be done, must be done!
                __

__

Comment

Yeah I guess, my memory of that episode is a bit rusty, but I can remember most of it, I seem to remember that when Teal'c shot the stone thing that had the shield device in it the bit of stone that was blasted out was a perfect circle, shouldn't it have been elliptical?
                  "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                  http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

It was to early in the series for someone from the SGC to go nuts.
                    Not to put a fine point on it... but the last year that the air force released these sorts of stats, more than 5,000 people with access to nuclear related material (weapons, targetting information, bomber maintenance, security... ect) were moved out of their jobs each year for mental instability. That was out of about 100,000 people.

Now that stat is from 1980, which was the last time they released that information. It's incidently, the last year they released the total number of broken arrows as well. 51 since 1945. That's an average of more than 1 a year. Food for thought.

Not good food for thought... but still. People got nuts when they go nuts, even people in classified jobs.
                    Last edited by Major Fischer; 26 August 2004, 06:18 AM. Reason: grammer

Comment

It was to early in the series for someone from the SGC to go nuts.

It wasn't the SGC until the gate was actually reactivated, it was just a base of standard military people, he could have went nuts anytime. Besides, that episode wouldn't have been based 'next-day' so anything could happen between the time gap.
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                        It wasn't the SGC until the gate was actually reactivated, it was just a base of standard military people, he could have went nuts anytime. Besides, that episode wouldn't have been based 'next-day' so anything could happen between the time gap.
                        Yeah, I always figured that he wasn't exactly playing with a full deck of cards beforehand and then (if I remember the show correctly) it got worse when he went out to find that kid. Heat like that can mess seriously with your mind. Top that off with a bunch of people worshiping the ground you walk on and presto you are off your rocker.

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
                          Yeah, I always figured that he wasn't exactly playing with a full deck of cards beforehand and then (if I remember the show correctly) it got worse when he went out to find that kid. Heat like that can mess seriously with your mind. Top that off with a bunch of people worshiping the ground you walk on and presto you are off your rocker.

So very true. I don't think he was mental at first, perhaps something that happened in his life that made him do something like this.
                          __

__

Comment

So very true. I don't think he was mental at first, perhaps something that happened in his life that made him do something like this.
                            No, he wasn't "mental" going in. Just a little unhinged (as was O'Neil in the movie). But then events conspired to both deep fry his brain and put him in a position of power and influence. Things just took their natural course.

Comment

I agree Craized, you'd actually understand if you actually watched the episode. But since I just got up, the device is used for a bright energy beam. He had one of two devices, and needed them to be activated. Yet, he doesn't know how to turn them on...until Carter arrives.

Um... I'm not quite sure what you mean Anubis my good friend?
                              When I said "Did you watch the episode?" I was talng to Selamk who was asking odd questions. Not Hansen.
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                                Um... I'm not quite sure what you mean Anubis my good friend?
                                When I said "Did you watch the episode?" I was talng to Selamk who was asking odd questions. Not Hansen.

Sorry Craized, I misjudged you there. I got confused with a fanfic I was reading at the time.
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X