The First Commandment (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    Sadly, it happens all the time, especially if the person on the receiving end is Daniel. No wonder he kept dying.

Seaboe
    Oh Daniel... I'm not even sure why Jack bothers giving him orders. You can almost see Daniel thinking in response to Jack's order, "that's okay, I'd rather do something else"

In this case I believe it was Captain Carter and a member of another SG team on the planet who refused multiple orders.

Comment

Yes, I think it was Sam, as well as a member of another SG team that was already on the planet

Comment

Technically, everyone is able to play fast and loose with orders. Carter generally follows them because she has had that mentality instilled in her, but as the foremost gate and alien tech expert, she's too valuable to remove over occasional, low-level insubordination.

The same is true of Daniel. He can say he doesn't technically have to follow orders as a civilian all he wants, but if he wasn't so uniquely good at what he does they'd have replaced him long ago.

This also applies to Sg-1 as a whole: They're able to get away with deciding to do what they think is right over following orders because they've kept Earth safe too many times and have been too successful in their everyday missions to remove. As long as their disobedience doesn't get anyone killed, blow up in their faces in some other significant way, or become too common place to let stand they have an inordinate amount of leeway.
        Last edited by Xaeden; 25 July 2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skysmurf View Post
          Yes, I think it was Sam, as well as a member of another SG team that was already on the planet
          The other member was from a team that was already on the planet and his teammates had been killed. He managed to get back to the SGC and warn them, and he returned to the planet with SG1. He got recaptured, then Jack went to rescue him. And then Sam went off to try to reason with Hanson, leaving Teal'c and Daniel behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
            So, Daniel is a less drunken version of Jack Sparrow?

Pretty much.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
            X