X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have questions, Whose got answers?

4 Great races....

Who were more powerfull Asguard or Ancients?

I thought they shared knowledge?

Wouldn't the Asguard have ALOT of time to surpass ancient tech in the thousands of years after they ascended? I mean they upgraded their weopons and shields plenty of times in a short period of time.

Why Didn't The Asguard Ascend? Probably easier then cloning

Where did the ancients meet the asguard? In Ida? or the Milkyway? Or maybe they met them via the Destiny?

Who ate the furlings?....

hmm i thought i had a bunch more questions but i can't think of them now....
    67 point(s) total!!!!

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post

Ancients

Who says they didn't It like comparing alliances between developed countries. We share our knowledge but don't give away all out secrets
    Wouldn't the Asguard have ALOT of time to surpass ancient tech in the thousands of years after they ascended? I mean they upgraded their weopons and shields plenty of times in a short period of time.
    Well they had more important issues to deal with like the degregation of thier race
    It is not something that is done easily. It takes lifetimes to learn how to ascend. The cloning was just a short term solution to fix their genetic problems.
    Where did the ancients meet the asguard? In Ida? or the Milkyway? Or maybe they met them via the Destiny?
    Well at the time the Ancients occupied the MW and the Asgard occupied Ida. Given their technolgy it wouldn't be too hard to establish communication between galaxies.
    Me.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

4 Great races....

Probably the Ancients, although it likely didn't matter to either race since they weren't interested in going to war against each other.

Yes, that is likely correct.

They might have, but apparently they didn't.

Couln't say. Never tried either.

No one knows.

Not me. I'm on a lo-Furling diet.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

]
        I think they said they lost the biological component needed for ascension since they were cloned so many times.

Comment

dont you just need knowledge and understanding to ascend ? and it doesn't actually have anything to do with your physioligy .

Another thing is everyone assumes that the ancients as a collective race chose to ascend and also that they all managed it . but they where cornered into ascencsion by a plague destroying them . apparantly quite a few of them didn't actually manage to ascend

Comment

In the many years the asguard had after the ancients left i do believe that they almost reached the ancients level or maybe were the same in their technology level.

The ancients Definately had some cool technolgy but in a ship to ship combat fight i would think it would tie. Unless the aurora's were powered by ZPM's. If the Asguard fleet also had power equivalent to the ancients they would have easily beaten the aurora's. We havent seen the power of a fully operation aurora though so i don't have many comparisons. Ancients weapons don't seem very power efficient.

Thats the only question i have some answers to right now. Well not really answers just oppinion from some basic investigations.

Comment

Originally posted by adam4evelyn View Post
              dont you just need knowledge and understanding to ascend ? and it doesn't actually have anything to do with your physioligy .
              It takes a variety of factors to ascend not just knowledge and understanding. In one ep of Atlantis they found a machine that was supposed to make the users body close to what it needs to be for ascension, unfortunately if the person didn't ascend they ended up dying,

Comment

Who were more powerfull Asguard or Ancients?....
                Ancients, but the Asgard had more reliable technology. Everything from ships to cities the Ancients are powered through ZPMs, while the Asgard technology doesn't need such things for theirs to work.

They did, the Asgard use the Gate system the Ancients created that, but we don't know what the Ancients use/got 'cause they died, so who knows. Also just like in the real world we don't dish out our most biggest things to other countries.

Maybe at that time the Asgard weren't as powerful as they are now, but maybe they were still more powerful than most of the races out there.And plus the Ancients, more of less, cheated the whole technology edge by creating the ZPMs. Who says that the Asgard aren't more powerful than the Ancients? Remember the Asgard don't use ZPMs which means they don't have that ultra-powerful thing. Also, maybe the Asgard didn't really need to advance that much, what they had earlier is still more powerful than any Gou'ald that they ran across, and plus I think that they were worrying 'bout their cloning problem.

Ascending is harder that you make it sound, remember you can't just 'ascend' you have to do alot to get there. Plus as somebody said before, I think that the Asgard can't anymore, cause the genetic makeup can't let them anymore.

Probably either or maybe both, they both has intergalatic hyperdrives, they probably met and said 'hey, they look interesting, lets stop and say hi, welcome to the neighborhood'

Who ate the furlings?...
                R.I.P. you will be missed

My Top Five Favorite Quotes/Quips(right now)
                Spoiler:
                "Well, it's like my grandma used to say, if at first you don't succeed..."
                "Try a larger thermonuclear reaction?"
                "Her words exactly."

"We are beacons on the road to enlightenment."
                "No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you."
                "Nice work on the metaphor."
                "Thank you."

"Will you excuse me? We just don't get out of Cheyenne Mountain enough. I'm gonna grab some air... outside. General, Captain, General... waiter."

"General."
                "Colonel. We've all met."
                "Yes, actually we know each other's life stories."
                "That snippiness?"
                "Is that a word?"

"If we want to find out who's behind this, we have to do what the Asgard do."
                "You mean bluff?"
                "Yep. We just need to do it without revealing what we know."
                "Which is nothing."
                "Right. But they don't know we know nothing."

Comment

It was said in Unending (last episode of SG1)
                  Spoiler:
                  thousands of years of cloning lost them the ability/requirement to ascend.

Comment

Definately the Anceints.
                    1) The Asguard were unable to defeat the Replicators after years and years of searching while O'Neill took about 10 minutes when he had Ancient knowledge in his brain.
                    2) Using just a little bit of Anceint technology, Anubis was able to destroy 3 Asguard ships.
                    3) Despite being immune to Asguard ships, Anubis' armada was destroyed by the Anceints weapon platform in Antartica
                    4) Despite being untouched by everything the Asguard could through at them, an Ori ship was destroyed by the Antartica Chair in 'The Road not Taken'.
                    5) The Asguard could not build their own version of the Sangraal even when the fate of the galaxy depended on it.
                    6) The Asguard never built anything as awesome as the Stargates, the Dakara superweapon or Atlantis.
                    7) The Asguard were almost destroyed by the Replicators which were built by the Ancients. If they were as powerful as the Ancients they could have just built their own to fight them.
                    but most importantly
                    8) Thor said so himself in 'New Order'. He told SG1 that the Asguard had been given the Anceints database and had learned alot from it but have only scrached the surface. This shows us the Asguard are nothing compared to the Ancients.

They did share knowledge but the Anceints were much more advanced than the other 3 races in the alliance. Their knowledge was so vast that they literaly didn't have enough time to explain it all before they acended. That's why they built the Repositories.

As I explained above, the Asguard were far less advanced than the Anceints during the Alliance of 4 Great Races. The difference between the two could not be covered up in a measly 10 000 years.

The Asguard started cloning way before they met the Ancients as a way of procuring immortal life. Ascension requires an evolved physiology. It can't be done by just anyone. So even if the Asguard knew about Ascension, they would have to wait thousands of years cefore their descendants could ascend. Obviously, cloning is easier. Of course once they started cloning it was too late as the resultant genetic degredation meant they could not reach the necessary evolution to carry out ascension.

The Asguard met the Anceints after they returned from Pegasus. Though many of them stayed on Earth, some left throught the Stargate and built the Third Alteran Empire. The Asguard had already developed hyperspace technology and so eventually the two met and the Asguard became the Anceints proteges along with the Nox and the Furlings. They would all meet once every so on and the Anceints would teach them the meaning of life. Of course at this point the Anceints were few in number and most only cared about Ascension and so they didn't help the Milky Way get rid of the Goauld nor the Asguard get rid of the Replicators. They simply built a database protected it from the Goauld and the Jaffa and passed the problem onto us.

Good question. But more importantly, what did they taste like?
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    This message was brought to you by:
                    The Church of Origin
                    Murdering unbelievers since 10 000 000 BC
                    -----------------------------------------------

Comment

Good question. But more importantly, what did they taste like?
                      Chicken of course, with the stray piece of fur.

Comment

A S G A R D people.
                        Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

[QUOTE=eliteaceman;10268821]4 Great races....

Ancients!!!!!

Comment

The ancients were millions of years more advanced. Remember the ancients had been inter-galactic hyper space capable for like 10 million years. The Asgard have only been hyper drive capable for 30-45 thousand years. I do believe that that the Asgard were artifically advanced by having posession of the repository. Also remember season 8. Thor said they had been studing the repository for a long and still only understand a very small %.

The military tech of the Asgard is advanced as it is because it is all they researched to fight the replicators. I believe a lot of what they have was learned from the repository.
                            Last edited by RepliVeggie; 11 June 2009, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Asgard are defently the storngest race to ever exist, simpley becase they created the technolgy that kicked the a**es of the ori motherships that the ori created when they were acended therefore the asgard are stronger than acendent races not just regular races, asgard rule.

Share knoladge yeah they prorbibly did check out season one there was an epi that said that, it was the epi with the old naked guy.

why asgard didn't acend, well ascention is for wussies and the asards are no wussies.

Furlings when you find out what happen please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X