Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Staff Sergeant

Default What favorite scifi ,horror or fantasy book do want to see make it to the big screen?

I can well imagine everyone has a favorite book or even a series in one of these three genres that you would like to see made into a film. which book or series and if you had you choice which director would you want to direct it and who would want cast in the film?

Default Re: What favorite scif ,horror or fantasy book do want to see make it to the big scre

Quote Originally Posted by Garovorkin View Post
    I can well imagine everyone has a favorite book or even a series in one of these three genres that you would like to see made into a film. which book or series and if you had you choice which director would you want to direct it and who would want cast in the film?
    Definitely the Honor Harrington series!!! I had thought Anne Hathaway would make a great Honor. Directing? Not sure.
    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Default Re: What favorite scif ,horror or fantasy book do want to see make it to the big scre

Book: "The I inside" by Alan Dean foster

Director: James Cameron

Actor: Not sure but I think that Sam Worthington might be a good choice.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by gater62 View Post
    Definitely the Honor Harrington series!!! I had thought Anne Hathaway would make a great Honor. Directing? Not sure.
    She would be good choice to play Honor Harrington. It would look really good on the big screen.

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

I would absolutely love to see Arthur C. Clarke's Rama on the big screen. CGI is finally good enough to make it believable, although it would cost the earth, of course.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gater62 View Post

wow , i totally agree that looks like a great one and good choice on Anne Hathaway

May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

I am also going to say some of the Star Wars spin-off novels ,

Animorphs i have always wanted , i am not sure if that was made into a movie or not

May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by maneth View Post
    I would absolutely love to see Arthur C. Clarke's Rama on the big screen. CGI is finally good enough to make it believable, although it would cost the earth, of course.
    yes Rama would make a good film, some time back they were talking about that one staring Morgan Freeman in the lead, but nothing came of that.

Back in the 1980's they were planning to do another Clark Novel Childhoods End but that too never came to pass. Seems to happen alot.
    Last edited by Garovorkin; June 7th, 2009 at 04:47 AM.

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Indeed. From what I read, Freeman bought the rights to the movie...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by maneth View Post
    Indeed. From what I read, Freeman bought the rights to the movie...
    Rama would look great on the big screen and lets have somone like James Cameron or Ridley Scott direct the movie.

Staff Sergeant

Isaac Asimov's Foundation novels .

Lieutenant Colonel EvilSpaceAlien's Avatar

There's a couple of stargate novels that should become movies because they are better than a lot of episodes.
    Stargate Atlantis: Reliquary (with some changes to the storyline so it works in a post season 5 setting)

Default Re: What favorite scifi ,horror or fantasy book do want to see make it to the big scr

Dante Inferno, or i am definitely waiting for movie about the American President Barack Obama that would be cool perhaps based off his book?

Staff Sergeant

Default Re: What favorite scifi ,horror or fantasy book do want to see make it to the big scr

George R Stewarts Post apocalyptic novel Earth Abides.

Back in the 1980's they were planning to do another Clark Novel Childhoods End but that too never came to pass. Seems to happen alot.
    Childhood's End would be AWESOME. The climax would be one epic mindf**k.

In a good way.
    http://www.clintonio.com/sig-400.jpg
    The center of Khlysty surrounds me

I read a book called "Dayworld" by Philip Jose Farmer.
    The wold is crowded and each person gets to be conscious for only one day each week. The other 6 they spend in an unconscious state, a stasis chamber, but one man rigs the chamber and decides to live every day, under a different alias. It was a fascinating concept.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter

The Unfashionable End of the Western Spiral Arm..!

There is a series of books that I wouldn't mind seeing being made into films.
    Galactic Bounty, Imperial Bounty, Alien Bounty and McCade's Bounty. The books are some of the adventures of a Bounty Hunter called Sam McCade.

I agree that the Honor Harrington series would make a great set of movies. But Anne Hathaway, beautiful as she is, is a little short to play Honor.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

First Lieutenant The Urban Spaceman's Avatar

Well, I'd like to see Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? done properly, none of that Blade Runner nonsense. Other than that, it would be very cool to see the Otherland series, by Tad Williams, turned into films. With its mixture of science-fiction, mythology and virtual reality, I think it could make for an excellent experience. And, even though I do hate 3D films, I think it would be a good opportunity to really explore 3D -- for example, have what happens in the 'real world' as 2D, and then when the individuals connect to the 'net, have it become an explosion of 3D that really makes you feel like you're there with them.

Only problem is, the series spans 4 books, and is not just extremely intricate in plot, but is also spectacularly long. For example, it's at least as long as Harry Potter, even though its "just" four books, because Tad Williams uses big words and has a very deep command of the English language and all of it subtleties. Also the font used in Otherland is smaller, so there are more words on each page.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Asgardian Library (burdened with glorious books)

The Forest House, it's a novel in the Avalon series. Perhaps a longer mini-series than Mists would be good. I really liked that book.

Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Isaac Asimov's Foundation novels .
    That would be awesome. But it would have to be the trilogy only, although getting to the very end and finding R Daneel Olivaw as the final hero would be a major endeavor.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast