Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What favorite scifi ,horror or fantasy book do want to see make it to the big screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What favorite scifi ,horror or fantasy book do want to see make it to the big screen?

I can well imagine everyone has a favorite book or even a series in one of these three genres that you would like to see made into a film. which book or series and if you had you choice which director would you want to direct it and who would want cast in the film?

Originally posted by Garovorkin View Post
    I can well imagine everyone has a favorite book or even a series in one of these three genres that you would like to see made into a film. which book or series and if you had you choice which director would you want to direct it and who would want cast in the film?
    Definitely the Honor Harrington series!!! I had thought Anne Hathaway would make a great Honor. Directing? Not sure.
    sigpic
    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Book: "The I inside" by Alan Dean foster

Director: James Cameron

Actor: Not sure but I think that Sam Worthington might be a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
        Definitely the Honor Harrington series!!! I had thought Anne Hathaway would make a great Honor. Directing? Not sure.
        She would be good choice to play Honor Harrington. It would look really good on the big screen.

Comment

I would absolutely love to see Arthur C. Clarke's Rama on the big screen. CGI is finally good enough to make it believable, although it would cost the earth, of course.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post

wow , i totally agree that looks like a great one and good choice on Anne Hathaway
            sigpic
            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I am also going to say some of the Star Wars spin-off novels ,

Animorphs i have always wanted , i am not sure if that was made into a movie or not
              sigpic
              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                I would absolutely love to see Arthur C. Clarke's Rama on the big screen. CGI is finally good enough to make it believable, although it would cost the earth, of course.
                yes Rama would make a good film, some time back they were talking about that one staring Morgan Freeman in the lead, but nothing came of that.

Back in the 1980's they were planning to do another Clark Novel Childhoods End but that too never came to pass. Seems to happen alot.
                Last edited by Garovorkin; 07 June 2009, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Indeed. From what I read, Freeman bought the rights to the movie...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    Indeed. From what I read, Freeman bought the rights to the movie...
                    Rama would look great on the big screen and lets have somone like James Cameron or Ridley Scott direct the movie.

Comment

Isaac Asimov's Foundation novels .

Comment

There's a couple of stargate novels that should become movies because they are better than a lot of episodes.
                        Stargate Atlantis: Reliquary (with some changes to the storyline so it works in a post season 5 setting)
                        sigpic

Comment

Dante Inferno, or i am definitely waiting for movie about the American President Barack Obama that would be cool perhaps based off his book?
                          sigpic

Comment

George R Stewarts Post apocalyptic novel Earth Abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Garovorkin View Post
                              Back in the 1980's they were planning to do another Clark Novel Childhoods End but that too never came to pass. Seems to happen alot.
                              Childhood's End would be AWESOME. The climax would be one epic mindf**k.

In a good way.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Working...
                              X