This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ona Grauer to play Young's wife

According to imbd, Ona, will play Emily Young, Col. Young's wife in the episode Life.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1401018/

Since she played an ancient in previous series, I am not fond of this idea. What do you think?
    sigpic

I trust IMDB as much as I trust Wikipedia so I won't be one bit surprised if it is false. Since Ona was such a minor character I really could care less if she played another minor character.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

It's true. JM confirmed it quite a while ago:

A pretty hilarious guy in his own right is actor Justin Louis who did a really nice job opposite Ona Grauer in some heartfelt scenes earlier this week. I told him: “You guys are eventually going to get tired of hearing it but – we are loving the dailies!”
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-announcement/

Comment

She was just some ancient on "Rising." For all we know, she may be a direct descendant. It's like saying Paul McGillion shouldn't be Beckett because he played young Ernest Littlefield.

Comment

And Steve Bacic played both Major Coburn and System Lord Camulus. Plus how many more actors has appeared in various roles on both shows!!
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

And the guy that played young Hammond played a member of SGC a few seasons later...
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

She's basically the Narim of SGU; play an alien in the original series, and play a human now, specifically the significant other of one of the main characters.

Comment

Considering this character was from SG1 and SGA I thought they were bring the character back to maintain continuity..... oh well
                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Specter177 View Post
                  She was just some ancient on "Rising." For all we know, she may be a direct descendant. It's like saying Paul McGillion shouldn't be Beckett because he played young Ernest Littlefield.
                  I thought she played the same character in an SG-1 episode, where they go to Antarctic and dig her up and they get a disease? And she's like LeeLoo and can't talk properly?

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    I thought she played the same character in an SG-1 episode, where they go to Antarctic and dig her up and they get a disease? And she's like LeeLoo and can't talk properly?
                    She in the beginning of Rising too, she's the Ancient they leave behind.

Comment

It's possibly the one same Ancient in Rising and Frozen (I think that was the name of the Sg1 episode), named Aiana.

Comment

I'd like to see Ona doing something more significant in SGU, not playing some dude's wife
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe her role could be significant, from what we know, there're gonna be attempts from Earth to contact Destiny.

Comment

What if Emily is an Ancient? Maybe Aiyana descended from the higher levels, so she became Emily. Her hidden motives is to send Young anyway to the board of Destiny, because they know he will make a very interesting, risky and dangerous quest on the board of Destiny....

But this theory is wrong, because she died in Frozen.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              But this theory is wrong, because she died in Frozen.
                              Well, Ayiana died in Frozen. We don't know for sure if the Ancient woman from Rising was in fact Ayiana. It could very well be Ayiana's great grandmother who later ascended, etc.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X