Continuation of Crusade in Other Forms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuation of Crusade in Other Forms?

I watched all of Crusade over the last two weeks and really wanted to know where JMS was going to go with the series. I have heard comments that the plague would have been cured by the end of 2nd season or so. The rest of the series would have been about finding how, where, and why Shadow technology was being used by a Black Ops-type faction of Earth Force.

I have heard unconfirmed rumours that JMS has thought about finishing the series either in comic book form or in books. I did enjoy the Centauri and the Technomage trilogies, with an OK for the Telepath trilogy.

My question is how you think Crusade should be finished, if at all?

I am going to ask the moderators to create a poll out of this thread with the following choices:

How Do You Want Crusade Finished?

A) In another TV Series

B) In a Theatrical or DVD Movie

C) In a set of Novels

D) In a Comic Book Series

E) It doesn't need to be finished

Thanks in advance for your participation!!
    In another TV series?
    21.43%
    In a Theatrical/DVD movie ?
    42.86%
    In a set of Novels ?
    28.57%
    In a Comic Book series ?
    0.00%
    It doesn't need to be finished.
    7.14%
    Last edited by Redhooks; 02 June 2009, 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    Spoiler:
    sigpic

I'd love a movie! I doubt it would happen, though...

As for JMS' plan... he wanted to cure the plague in the middle of Season 2 and then focus on leftover Shadow technology's influence on Earth. (Maybe more Omega-X Destroyers!)

Shame that Crusade was cancelled. Such potential...
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
      I'd love a movie! I doubt it would happen, though...
      I agree about the movie, but I thought I should make it one of the choices. Too much information for one movie and that is why I think a set of 6 to 9 novels would be the best way to finish the series. I would love to have another TV series, but it would be difficult to explain a totally different crew.
      Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
        I agree about the movie, but I thought I should make it one of the choices. Too much information for one movie and that is why I think a set of 6 to 9 novels would be the best way to finish the series. I would love to have another TV series, but it would be difficult to explain a totally different crew.
        Wouldn't be that hard, if a Earth Force Explorer class found the cure rather than the Excalibar though it would shift the context of the story.

Comment

JMS should have finished the story in the two chances he had after Crusade's cancellation: the horrid LotR tv movie and the luke warm Lost Tales dvd movie.

I'd love to see a dvd movie to finish off the storyline, even if it only features Galen and Gideon... the only characters that mattered, really...
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            JMS should have finished the story in the two chances he had after Crusade's cancellation: the horrid LotR tv movie and the luke warm Lost Tales dvd movie.

I'd love to see a dvd movie to finish off the storyline, even if it only features Galen and Gideon... the only characters that mattered, really...
            and the love of Galen's life: Dureena Nafeel.....

Comment

...the only two characters that mattered, really...
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                ...the only two characters that mattered, really...
                Heh. I actually think that all of the characters are really interesting with the possible exception of Dr. Chambers, who didn't get much development.
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

They were all interesting, yes, but none were truly central to the plot except Galen and Gideon. Max and Dureena were cool, but secondary. Matheson was interesting to me for no other reason than my love for telepaths in general... and perhaps the Spock-like repression inherent in the character. The good doctor was a boring blank slate... and portrayed by a boring actress, apprently.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Novels or comics for me.

I can't remember where I heard it, but apparently Gideon would have been written out of the show after the first season even if it had continued because Gary Cole doesn't like committing for too long to one project. Not sure if the rumor's true or not, however.
                    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=nx01a;10247324]JMS should have finished the story in the two chances he had after Crusade's cancellation: the horrid LotR tv movie and the luke warm Lost Tales dvd movie.

It's not a matter of what JMS wants. The rights to Crusade and any continuation of that storyline belong to TNT. Otherwise I'm sure it would have been finished in book, comic, movie or other form by now...

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        Novels or comics for me.

I can't remember where I heard it, but apparently Gideon would have been written out of the show after the first season even if it had continued because Gary Cole doesn't like committing for too long to one project. Not sure if the rumor's true or not, however.
                        I heard that too, was it not supposed to be Apocalypse Box related?

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                          I heard that too, was it not supposed to be Apocalypse Box related?
                          Maybe. I never heard that about Gary Cole... and the Apocalypse Box is just one of many awesome Crusade concepts that need to be revisited.
                          sigpic

Comment

It was an intriguing concept and it looked frickin' cool! Sigh.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Actually, I think it could be wonderful as an animated series. The fact that the actors have aged wouldn't be a problem, they could still voice their roles.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X