Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

previous SG knowledge needed to watch SGU ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
    While I don't think you really meant it, I think it would be utterly pointless to watch BSG and then SGU. Some on here seem to think they're synonymous, but this would be like saying "Watch CSI before you watch NCIS".

At most it would give you a superficial idea of what a "crime" show is, but any useful similarities stop there, imo.
    What I am saying is Why risk ruining SGU by watching SG-1/A?

It's like Law & Order.
    I first saw the original then SVU, but Criminal intent...I just don't like it at all. But I am willing to bet that Had I watched Criminal intent first I may like all 3 of them instead of just the first two.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      What I am saying is Why risk ruining SGU by watching SG-1/A?

It's like Law & Order.
      I first saw the original then SVU, but Criminal intent...I just don't like it at all. But I am willing to bet that Had I watched Criminal intent first I may like all 3 of them instead of just the first two.
      Interesting. I guess it's something to ponder.
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

I'm not saying that SGU is just like BSG. Not at all but I think it will help if you watch both SG-1 and SGA so that you have a sense of history with some of the characters otherwise how will you know who the ancients are if you haven't watch neither one of the other shows and why not watch bsg it has the basic principal that we'll be seeing on SGU " survival". There is nothing wrong with loving SG but taking a peep at bsg
        sigpic
        siggy made by RogueRanger
        http://youtu.be/frhgT5CMpjo
        killing threads one post at a time

Comment

Originally posted by capricaabydos View Post
          I'm not saying that SGU is just like BSG. Not at all but I think it will help if you watch both SG-1 and SGA so that you have a sense of history with some of the characters otherwise how will you know who the ancients are if you haven't watch neither one of the other shows and why not watch bsg it has the basic principal that we'll be seeing on SGU " survival". There is nothing wrong with loving SG but taking a peep at bsg
          I agree with you that there are basic similarities between SGU and BSG. I love Stargate and I watched all of BSG, and enjoyed it for what it was. I just think that, once we finally see it air, SGU and BSG are going to be substantially different in the ways that actually matter.
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

I agree let's not compare SGU to BSG. Until we actually see the show but that's a different topic getting back to the main question we should have some basic knowlege of SG before we watch SGU you wouldn't jump in to the river if you don't know how to swim
            sigpic
            siggy made by RogueRanger
            http://youtu.be/frhgT5CMpjo
            killing threads one post at a time

Comment

Originally posted by capricaabydos View Post
              I agree let's not compare SGU to BSG. Until we actually see the show but that's a different topic getting back to the main question we should have some basic knowlege of SG before we watch SGU you wouldn't jump in to the river if you don't know how to swim
              I partially agree. I think, if someone can, they'd benefit from having seen SG1 and SGA before they see SGU. However, TPTB have expressed that they'd like to make it accessible to newcomers as well. Honestly, I think anyone will be able to come into this show and enjoy it.

For instance, I came into Stargate with SGA and, though I didn't understand some things, I worked it out over time and after having watched some SG1, but it wasn't as if I needed to see too much of it in the first place. On the other hand, all of the extra knowledge really did help out a lot for minor details and little nuances.
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

thanks for the advice. i'm now almost done with season 6. I'm addicted. And just to throw this out there i've watched all of BSG. It was great. Completely different experience though. I think that SG-1 (i'm almost to Atlantis, but i haven't seen an episode yet, but i assume its similar) is something i can more relax with. BSG was so tense sometimes that it could almost stress me out.

Comment

Originally posted by abeprs View Post
                  thanks for the advice. i'm now almost done with season 6. I'm addicted. And just to throw this out there i've watched all of BSG. It was great. Completely different experience though. I think that SG-1 (i'm almost to Atlantis, but i haven't seen an episode yet, but i assume its similar) is something i can more relax with. BSG was so tense sometimes that it could almost stress me out.
                  Glad you're enjoying it! Season 7 has, arguably, some of the very best episodes in the entire series.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I'm new here, but i already seem the entire SG1 and Atlantis!!

Its good to know about the SG universe before watching SGU ^^

Comment

Working...
                    X