Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Doctor Who episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'An Unearthly Child'.
    1963 full studio session version.
    Last edited by Billz; 08 April 2010, 05:11 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

"The Waters of Mars"

Great episode
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

"An Unearthly Child"
        1963 broadcast version

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

Last night I watched "The Space Museum"
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Currently watching episode 2 of "The Chase". Very interesting so far. Impending Dalek thread, desolate alien world, and really good choices of music. I don't just mean the Beatles clip either (boy am I ever unhappy that's going to be cut from the R1 release ), but the incidental music seems to have improved markedly here too.

And I'm really starting to adore Vicki as a companion. Kind of a shame I'm going to miss out on her final adventures with the Doctor, just because some dingus at the beeb thought it was a good idea to wipe tapes

I suppose this is the last serial with Ian and Barbara too. I'll be sad to see them go

edit; on episode 3 now. Off to New York! That's fun....even though the American accentsthat the actors attempt are awful

edit2; finished episode 3 now....hahahaha Mary Celeste 'explanation' On to part 4!

edit3; Done part 4 now. Lots of fun, that house of horrors. And I really dig the ending too.

I'm excited for part 5, but I'm also exhausted. Off to bed I go
            Last edited by DigiFluid; 07 April 2010, 11:12 PM.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just done "The Chase". Very sad to see Ian and Barbara go

On to "The Time Meddler"...

Comment

I watched The Eleventh Hour again.

Tonight I think I'm going to watch The Invasion of Time.

Comment

On BBC America the New season starts on the 17th of April.

My mom LOVED Doctor Who and was waiting (impatiently) for the next season to start. Then, she had the nerve to pass away in October.... so I'll be watching for her!
                  Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

"The Time Meddler"

The end of part 3 was the coolest episode conclusion so far! This is the first time I've seen another time traveller/Time Lord (not counting Susan) in the classic series. Awesome

Really loved this whole story. Rather annoyed that now I'm into lost episodes territory. And also a bit sad that I'm not going to see any more of Vicki. She's been my favourite companion so far, and now I'm not going to get to see the rest of her stories

edit: Have continued by reading the synopses of the missing episodes between the above and....

"The Daleks' Master Plan" Episode 2
                    Hmmm that's neat. Daleks organizing entire galaxies to go and conquer Earth. And hey, Daleks with flamethrowers! Constumes are getting pretty inventive too (I especially like the lizard head guy and the cloaked figure with the plant hands and feet).

Boy....this is a story that I wish existed in its entirety...
                    Last edited by DigiFluid; 09 April 2010, 11:00 PM.

Comment

"The Edge Of Destruction" and "The Brink Of Disaster".

Okay, so the 'Fast Return' switch on the TARDIS center console was held down by a faulty spring, causing it to travel back to the formation of our or some other solar system. I get that the gravitiy from a forming star would have caused the energy from beneath the center column to try to escape, similar to how the Huon Particles in the heart of the TARDIS pulled Donna towards it in 'The Runaway Bride', but in reverse since a forming star has a much greater pull.

What I didn't understand fully was why that would cause the slight amnesia of Susan and Ian, giving them slight murder-like ambitions toward the Doctor or Barbara.

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                      On BBC America the New season starts on the 17th of April.

My mom LOVED Doctor Who and was waiting (impatiently) for the next season to start. Then, she had the nerve to pass away in October.... so I'll be watching for her!
                      I'm sorry to hear that.
                      Never easy to lose someone.

Comment

Whatever the Doctor drugged them with + unknown side-effects of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff?

I couldn't figure that out either.

Read the synopses of the next two missing stories and now watching:

"The Daleks' Master Plan" Part 5, Counter Plot
                        I'm really digging this villainous Guardian of the Solar System guy. Makes an absolutely hilariously over-the-top. villain IMO. All this jetting around the universe is making the story feel a little frazzled though. Grand, certainly, but also very frazzled.

Comment

3.04 "The Daleks' Master Plan" Part 10, Escape Switch

31.02 "The Beast Below"

Comment

"The Seeds Of Death - Part 1"

I haven't watched this serial in a long time, but the first part is kind of a really slow start. The 5 remaining episodes are better though.
                            Last edited by Billz; 11 April 2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

11th hour

beast below

the sound of drums
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The Eleventh Hour
                                The Beast Below
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...