Page 5 of 341 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Default Re: What Doctor Who/Torchwood episode did you watch today?

Just watched The Eleventh Hour again, because my dad's missed both episodes of the new series so far
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Well, since this thread went AWOL, I have done quite a bit of Who watching!

4.02 "The Tenth Planet"
    Parts 1-3
    Part 4 Reconstruction from the internet (with more surviving footage than is on Lost in Time)

Lost in Time
    4.05 "The Underwater Menace" Part 3
    4.06 "The Moonbase" Part 1 (audio), Part 2, Part 3 (audio), Part 4
    4.08 "The Faceless Ones" Parts 1, 3
    4.09 "The Evil of the Daleks" Part 2

5.01 "The Tomb of the Cybermen"

Lost in Time
    5.02 "The Abominable Snowmen" Part 2

5.03 "The Ice Warriors"
    Part 1
    Part 2-3 Reconstuction
    Parts 4-6

Lost in Time
    5.04 "The Enemy of the World" Part 3
    5.05 "The Web of Fear" Part 1
    5.07 "The Wheel in Space" Parts 3, 6

6.01 "The Dominators"
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

The Eleventh Hour in HD

Yesterday...

6.02 "The Mind Robber"
    I'm a little unclear, did this actually happen? Or was it someone's hallucination?

Today...

6.03 "The Invasion"
    Woohoo, more Cybermen! I really love the Mondas origin story, it's so much cooler than the Cybus origin story IMO. This is also the formal introduction of UNIT! I quite liked the animated episodes though. Very novel way to work with an existing soundtrack, and a very unique style of animation. Fantastic.

Last watched and screencapped The Sontaran Stratagem.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

6.04 "The Krotons"
    Wow that was pretty underwhelming.

6.05 "The Seeds of Death"
    Could've been a decent enough story, except that I can't bloody stand the Ice Warriors. The costumes are terrible, the way they walk is absurd, and their voices are so far beyond annoying that there's no words in the English language to describe it. Nice to see Jamie and Zoe being so independent and useful though. I'm going to miss them after the leave (soon )

Also: Why does the Doctor suddenly have epic sideburns in Part 5 lol

Lost in Time
    6.06 "The Space Pirates" Part 2
    Last edited by DigiFluid; April 23rd, 2010 at 10:25 PM.

6.07 "The War Games"
    Great story. Very, very sad to see Jamie and Zoe leave like that And very sad to see the end of Patrick Troughton. It's a shame so many of his stories were lost, he was a fantastic Doctor.

31.04 "The Time of Angels"
    Holy crap. Best episode of this series so far

7.01 "Spearhead from Space"
    Colour! Oh my eyes, they burn!!

While I'm sad to see Patrick Troughton go, I'm reasonably satisfied with Jon Pertwee so far. His regeneration recuperation really made me laugh, and quite reminded me of Ten's. Likewise the snatching clothing from the staff dressing room at the hospital was much like Eleven choosing a style (or perhaps those should be the other way around). And I absolutely howled at the attempted escape in the wheelchair.

Nice to see the Brigadier is back too. I understand he'll be around for a while yet, which is fun. Can someone explain to me why it is British officers always seem to be carrying around a rod? I never quite understood that.

Don't like Liz Shaw one bit though. After such nice, warm female companions (Barbara, Vicki, and Zoe in particular), Liz Shaw seems like a real frigid witch. And "witch" wasn't quite the word I had in mind there

Not sure I'm totally sold on the whole 'exiled to Earth' angle yet either. Though I think the idea of being exiled to Earth by the Time Lords is pretty neat conceptually, the idea of every single story until what, "The Three Doctors"? being set on Earth doesn't appeal to me much. I tend to like off-world stories a lot more. And UNIT (so far) strikes me as a kind of ineffectual precursor to Torchwood lol. Though I suppose, by modern Who retcon, Torchwood actually predates UNIT.

That said though, introducing the Nestene Consciousness and the Autons is a pretty fun wait to start things off

7.02 "The Silurians"
    ZZZzzzZZzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzzzzzzz............
    Last edited by DigiFluid; April 25th, 2010 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    7.02 "The Silurians"
    ZZZzzzZZzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzzzzzzz............
    I'm glad i wasn't the only one who thought that...

But I just watched "The Time of the Angels" LOVE River and the Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidwizz View Post
    I'm glad i wasn't the only one who thought that...
    Yep. Boring, boring, and more boring.

Today I watched 31.04 "The Time of Angels" again

7.03 "The Ambassadors of Death"
    Another boring, boring episode. As much as I like the Brigadier, and am warming to Jon Pertwee's Doctor, I'm thoroughly unimpressed with the UNIT era so far. Seriously, this story needed to be 7 episodes long? I also find it a bit ludicrous to see the Doctor driving around a retro car that he's named Bessie and stuck a "Who 1" license plate on

Oh and Liz Shaw? Please die a horrible death. Worst companion ever.

About the only saving grace here was seeing a new TARDIS interior--even though the poor girl isn't being used (bring that back, please).
    Last edited by DigiFluid; April 27th, 2010 at 02:54 PM.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

does watching david tennant perform "hamlet" and using the same voice as he did when he was the doctor count

Default Re: What Doctor Who episode did you watch today?

Battlefield starring Sylvester McCoy & Sophie Aldred. Guest Starring Nicholas Courtney.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

My newly arrived DVD of The Creature From the Pit starring Tom Baker, Lalla Ward, & David Brierly as the voice of "K-9".

Next viewing: Part 2 of The Time of Angels starring Matt Smith & Karen Gillan. It's on BBC 1 at 6:25pm.

I went back to the beginning of the pertwee era for 'spearhead from space' seemed somewhat apropos given the relatively new arrival of a new Doctor, I am highly liking matt smith's Doctor, he's engaging and intelligent and seems to have nailed his own flag to the Doctor Mast

I went back to the beginning of the Pertwee era for 'Spearhead from space' seemed somewhat apropos given the relatively new arrival of a new Doctor, I am highly liking matt smith's Doctor, he's engaging and intelligent and seems to have nailed his own flag to the Doctor Mast

i can't remember the name of the episode but it was about some evil aliens that disguised themselves as stone angels. and the Doctor was talking from the year 1969,.. i usually don't watch Doctor Who, not one of my favourite tv shows, but i have to admit that this episode was really good! it was very exciting from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Óðinn1 View Post
    i can't remember the name of the episode but it was about some evil aliens that disguised themselves as stone angels. and the Doctor was talking from the year 1969,.. i usually don't watch Doctor Who, not one of my favourite tv shows, but i have to admit that this episode was really good! it was very exciting from the very beginning.
    That would be Blink that you've watched.