Gwen Cooper/Eve Myles Thunk and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too late fo rme to join the fun?

Did anyone post pics of her as Gwyneth from Doctor Who?

Question about Gwen. In the first episode of Torchwood she is practicing shooting with her gun and Jack is with her. I got the impression he rather fancied to make out with her in that episode. Was I reading all the body language wrong or not?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Well I thought so. But there again I'm probably the only Gwen/Jack shipper on Gateworld. Everyone else seems to be a Jack/Ianto shipper. Though I do like that as well. I think Torchwood is one of the few times where I have convincingly seen people attracted to two people at the same time - Jack with Gwen/Ianto and Gwen with Jack/Rhys.

Comment

These are probably old pics but I like these

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          Is it too late fo rme to join the fun?

Did anyone post pics of her as Gwyneth from Doctor Who?

Question about Gwen. In the first episode of Torchwood she is practicing shooting with her gun and Jack is with her. I got the impression he rather fancied to make out with her in that episode. Was I reading all the body language wrong or not?
          No I think you're right, because I thought so too. But then I think Jack is naturally flirtatious and does it without even thinking about it, I thought Gwen was just so far in over her head with the whole finding out about Torchwood that she was looking for something 'normal' to grab on to.

The time that confused me most was when Jack and Gwen were dancing at Gwen's wedding, there was something going on between them so much electricity you could almost feel it. Of course I think Jack's heart will always be with Ianto!

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            No I think you're right, because I thought so too. But then I think Jack is naturally flirtatious and does it without even thinking about it, I thought Gwen was just so far in over her head with the whole finding out about Torchwood that she was looking for something 'normal' to grab on to.

The time that confused me most was when Jack and Gwen were dancing at Gwen's wedding, there was something going on between them so much electricity you could almost feel it. Of course I think Jack's heart will always be with Ianto!

Julia(samcarterrules)

I have only seen bits and pieces of season 1 and must have missed this wedding thing... Hey speaking of Gwen's partner Reese how did he get involved with Torchwood in COE? I think I missed something.

Comment

The wedding was in season 2 - Something Borrowed. Rhys found out about Torchwood during the season 2 episode Meat. I have to confess I rather skipped over that episode as I found it very unsettling.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                The wedding was in season 2 - Something Borrowed. Rhys found out about Torchwood during the season 2 episode Meat. I have to confess I rather skipped over that episode as I found it very unsettling.
                Yeah I forgot to say the wedding was in the season 2.

The episode Meat didn't really bother me apart from I found it very sad that people could do that sort of thing.

The episode that freaked me out the most was season 1's CountrySide, it was disgusting to watch, no wonder Gwen lost her stomach.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah I forgot to say the wedding was in the season 2.

The episode Meat didn't really bother me apart from I found it very sad that people could do that sort of thing.

The episode that freaked me out the most was season 1's CountrySide, it was disgusting to watch, no wonder Gwen lost her stomach.

Julia(samcarterrules)

OMG Countryside that's one of the episodes I managed to see and it totally caught me off guard. Gave me the creeps for ages.

I take it Meat is of a similar vain?

Comment

Sort of. In Meat there is a big sort of space-whale that came through the rift and people are chopping chunks out of it while it is still alive. I had to keep fast forwarding through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                      Well I thought so. But there again I'm probably the only Gwen/Jack shipper on Gateworld. Everyone else seems to be a Jack/Ianto shipper. Though I do like that as well. I think Torchwood is one of the few times where I have convincingly seen people attracted to two people at the same time - Jack with Gwen/Ianto and Gwen with Jack/Rhys.
                      Well i got that vibe too and even more so in s2 with that extreamly coy sceen when Jack Notices her ring - I think Jack was doing the decent thing and tryng to let her have a "normal" life with Rys. Though the ending of s3 with her 8 months gone and begging him to stay when her husband and father of your child is standing right there man thats cold
                      ----------------------------
                      You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
                        Well i got that vibe too and even more so in s2 with that extreamly coy sceen when Jack Notices her ring - I think Jack was doing the decent thing and tryng to let her have a "normal" life with Rys. Though the ending of s3 with her 8 months gone and begging him to stay when her husband and father of your child is standing right there man thats cold
                        Yeah, I thought that was a bit rough on Rhys, if she’d begged him to stay for Torchwood and then I would understand but she didn’t, she begged him to stay for her. Jack/Gwen’s relationship confuses me. LOL.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I thought that was a bit rough on Rhys, if she’d begged him to stay for Torchwood and then I would understand but she didn’t, she begged him to stay for her. Jack/Gwen’s relationship confuses me. LOL.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          I don't ship Jack/Gwen and I'm a big Gwen/Rhys supporter, but I don't think that scene was rough on Rhys at all (and I've been very put out with Gwen at times in regards to how she treats Rhys). If anything, I saw it as a woman who had just lost three of her closest friends who was struggling to move on and trying to hold on to the life she had before it all fell to pieces around her. Jack was her last link to Torchwood, and Ianto, Owen and Tosh, and everything they were and did. She wasn't ready to lose that.

Heartbreaking really, that he chose not to stay. I wanted Rhys to punch him in the mouth (again) for letting Gwen down (again).
                          Last edited by Ashizuri; 08 February 2010, 09:29 AM.
                          Originally posted by Callista
                          Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                          Originally posted by HPMom
                          She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            mee to I certainly got the impression that they both liked each other plysicaly as well as team mates/friends maybe they sould have played Yvone Fair "it should have been me" over the disco sceen.
                            ----------------------------
                            You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

I almost get the impression with Jack/Gwen that he cares too much for her to allow her to fall for him, knowing she would never have a normal happy life and he would grow old and possibly have to make a choice with her like he did with his grandson.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X