What did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you watch today?

What B5 or Crusade episode or movie did you watch today? (or yesterday, or are planning to watch tomorrow)

I watched "Divided Loyalties" today, which inspired me to create this thread. Great episode!
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

The last episode of B5 I watched was: "Atonement," but it wasn't today, yesterday, or the day before that either.

It's about time I picked up on B5 again for the second half of season four. Then, I can finally watch season five for the first time in nearly a decade.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Tuesday night I got out my B5 movie DVDs and watched A Call To Arms. Right after that I watched the first episode of Crusade, War Zone. Last night I finished the first Crusade DVD off with The Long Road, The Well of Forever, and The Path of Sorrows.

It makes me sad how TNT screwed with JMS over Crusade and caused him to shut it down after 13 episodes. The only change that TNT made that I thought was for the better was the black coverall type uniforms. I sort of forgot how much I liked Peter Woodward as Galen. So much promise for a great show and how sad Sci-Fi could not pick it up before all the actors contracts expired.
      Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
        Tuesday night I got out my B5 movie DVDs and watched A Call To Arms. Right after that I watched the first episode of Crusade, War Zone. Last night I finished the first Crusade DVD off with The Long Road, The Well of Forever, and The Path of Sorrows.

It makes me sad how TNT screwed with JMS over Crusade and caused him to shut it down after 13 episodes. The only change that TNT made that I thought was for the better was the black coverall type uniforms. I sort of forgot how much I liked Peter Woodward as Galen. So much promise for a great show and how sad Sci-Fi could not pick it up before all the actors contracts expired.
        Completely agree about Crusade's promise. It could have been another B5! I love a lot of what little we got, however. And Galen is great!
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
          Completely agree about Crusade's promise. It could have been another B5! I love a lot of what little we got, however. And Galen is great!
          indeed...esp. liked how funny Galen could be.....when I found the scene of Galen using his Hermunculus (sp?) to ferret out that organ harvester on YT I was ROFLing like crazy....also the scene where those creatures in Hyperspace try to mate with the Excalibur

Galen: Thrusters? You're sending off all the wrong signals....

Comment

Last night, I mean, this morning I watched "Racing Mars" and "Lines of Communication". Got to see Franklin doing a Bishop on the facehugger Keeper.

The friction between Sheridan and Garibaldi finally explodes into open hostility and thus sets Garibaldi down a path into darkness. Garibaldi can't really help what he's doing, though, for reasons we've seen and will see in future episodes.

Had to laugh at Franklin and Marcus. They're good together.

In "Lines..." we got a good look at the Drakh doing his Shimmy Shimmy Ya and Delenn in be-somewhere-else mode. Two very good episodes to lead the viewer into the final push towards Earth and the overthrow of Clark.

Next up tonight is "Conflicts of Interest". And so it continues...

Comment

No-one else watching B5 at this time? Oh well, I watched the above episode, "Rumors, Bargains and Lies," "Moments of Transition," and "No Surrender, No Retreat" since my last post in here. All very good episodes with season four's title episode topping them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                No-one else watching B5 at this time? Oh well, I watched the above episode, "Rumors, Bargains and Lies," "Moments of Transition," and "No Surrender, No Retreat" since my last post in here. All very good episodes with season four's title episode topping them all.
                Good times, good times.

I watched "The Parliament of Dreams". Lots of foreshadowing!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                  I just watched "No Surrender, No Retreat". So awesome...
                  sigpic

Comment

"The Long Twilight Struggle"

I loved G'Kar's line in the chamber when Narn was conquered. It was so sad to see the Narns beaten. Even though G'kar got up slowly and sadly, he was unbroken.

"No Dictator, No Invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments, tyrants, and armies cannot stand.....The Centauri learned this lesson once.......we will teach it to them again. Though it take a 1000 years! We will be free!"
                    sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

I just watched "And the Rock Cried Out No Hiding Place"!
                      sigpic

Comment

Currently watching the series through for the first time, just finished Acts of Sacrifice. Ivanova's sex dance practically killed me with laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                          Currently watching the series through for the first time, just finished Acts of Sacrifice. Ivanova's sex dance practically killed me with laughter.
                          It's about time. Most people didn't like the sex dance, I thought it was kinda funny (and, IMO, B5 isn't the best when it comes to humor).

I got two episodes into S5 and stopped. It's not bad but it feels like an unnecessary/forced addition to the universe after S4. I'll finish it eventually though.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                            I got two episodes into S5 and stopped. It's not bad but it feels like an unnecessary/forced addition to the universe after S4. I'll finish it eventually though.
                            And yet, S5 contains one of the best multi-parters I've ever seen in a TV series: "And All My Dreams Torn Asunder", "Movements of Fire and Shadow", and
                            Spoiler:
                            "The Fall of Centauri Prime".
                            I could have just said "best", but B5 topped even that with "War Without End".
                            sigpic

Comment

Nothing today or even yesterday, but rewatched all of it (5 movies and the 5 seasons) in 1 week during June..
                              If i watch a tv series i do it for real, not 1 ep a day or week
                              Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                              Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                              X