This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about episode order for season 1

Okay, this thread is about Season 1 of SGU.

I'm just confused over the episode order/titles.
    Heres what I got so far.

Spoiler:
    #01:AIR(1/3)
    #02: AIR(2/3)
    #03: AIR(3/3)
    #04: DARKNESS(1/2)
    #05: LIGHT(2/2)
    #06: WATER
    #07: EARTH
    #08: TIME
    #09: LIFE
    #10: JUSTICE
    #11: SPACE(1/2)
    #12: DIVIDED(2/2)
    #13: FAITH

Okay. So i'm presuming "FIRE" was running too long so it was renamed "DARKNESS" and "LIGHT".
    Hopefully "FIRE" will turn up as a different story later in the show.
    However, it don't look like the mid-season 2-parter will fall in the 10/11 slot.

Any other info would be appreciated.

(4 SOME REASON CAN'T GET RID OF FACES)
    Last edited by GateGipsy; 28 May 2009, 10:41 AM.

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
    Okay, this thread is about Season 1 of SGU.

I'm just confused over the episode order/titles.
    Heres what I got so far.

Spoiler:
    #01: AIR(1/3)
    #02: AIR(2/3)
    #03: AIR(3/3)
    #04: DARKNESS(1/2)
    #05: LIGHT(2/2)
    #06: WATER
    #07: EARTH
    #08: TIME
    #09: LIFE
    #10: JUSTICE
    #11: SPACE(1/2)
    #12: DIVIDED(2/2)
    #13: FAITH

Okay. So i'm presuming "FIRE" was running too long so it was renamed "DARKNESS" and "LIGHT".
    Hopefully "FIRE" will turn up as a different story later in the show.
    However, it don't look like the mid-season 2-parter will fall in the 10/11 slot.

Any other info would be appreciated.

(4 SOME REASON CAN'T GET RID OF FACES)
    You have the episode order correct. We dont know the titles of any episodes past episode 13, tho there are littles bits of information out there e.g. who is writing some of them. So these nothing to be confused about

I really dont see why or even how "Fire" will turn up as a different story, since Darkness and Light are esencially the same story fire was with a few additional sences added to make the running time for 2 episodes rather than 1.5 episodes.

N.B. as for the faces place a space between the : and the first letter in teh word.

Comment

this is common, in the first stages episode names and orders change frequently

Comment

I wonder if they save money by making fire two episodes. Surly that means there extra cash to splash out on the other episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          I wonder if they save money by making fire two episodes. Surly that means there extra cash to splash out on the other episodes.
          Well, they might have saved 100 dollars on writing costs but otherwise I don't see how it would be cheaper to make Fire into two episodes, than it would be to just have two episodes.
          sigpic

Comment

i feel that darkness and light should be just Fire 1 and Fire 2, or Fire Part 1: Darkness, and Fire Part 2: Light. lest it ruin the whole 4 elements thing it had going on!
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
              Well, they might have saved 100 dollars on writing costs but otherwise I don't see how it would be cheaper to make Fire into two episodes, than it would be to just have two episodes.
              Well from reading Joe Blog is seem like they planned and filmed it with 1 episode in mind. This at least to mean they no more resources and money were use than what it would cost to produce a single episode.

perhaps a bit extra pay for the editors an additional music cost but I do not think that would mount to the cost of two episodes.

May be I will ask Joe and see what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                i feel that darkness and light should be just Fire 1 and Fire 2, or Fire Part 1: Darkness, and Fire Part 2: Light. lest it ruin the whole 4 elements thing it had going on!
                See, that would be way better. You should work on the episode naming squad, or whatever it is they use.

Comment

Well from reading Joe Blog is seem like they planned and filmed it with 1 episode in mind. This at least to mean they no more resources and money were use than what it would cost to produce a single episode.

perhaps a bit extra pay for the editors an additional music cost but I do not think that would mount to the cost of two episodes.

May be I will ask Joe and see what he says.
                  Words fail me. I hope you're not serious.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                    I get it. I mean think, They expected fire to be one episode and so they shot it with the budget of one episode. Then they came back and maybe spent a couple hundred thousand shooting dumped or extra scenes. Well, there is still like 1/5-2 million dollars from the second episode they were going to shoot so it makes sense.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Words fail me. I hope you're not serious.
                      Yeah it a pretty long shot that Joe will actually ask the question, he usally ignore questions about money.
                      Yes I am being serious about asking Joe.

Comment

Yeah it a pretty long shot that Joe will actually ask the question, he usally ignore questions about money.
                        Yes I am being serious about asking Joe.
                        /facepalm

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          /facepalm
                          You mean like this?

............................................________
                          ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
                          .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
                          .........................,/...............................................”:,
                          .....................,?......................................................\,
                          .................../...........................................................,}
                          ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
                          .............../...................................................,:”........./
                          ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
                          ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
                          .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
                          ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
                          ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
                          ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
                          ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
                          ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
                          .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
                          ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
                          .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
                          ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
                          ................................`:,,...........................`\.............._ _
                          .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
                          ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
                          ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Comment

Working...
                          X