Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone expecting the Tolan to be back in a new stargate movie released sometime during 2010?

EEKKK - I made a mistake - I meant the aschen.... always get them mixed up... same facial expressions.
    Last edited by amforster; 25 May 2009, 11:38 AM.

No, but I always wondered what happened to them after the Goa-uld bombarded their planet.

I would actually like to see the Nox, and hear if they had any trouble with the Ori during the last couple of years.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post
      No, but I always wondered what happened to them after the Goa-uld bombarded their planet.
      As it has been said numerous times they were all killed by Anubis
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        As it has been said numerous times they were all killed by Anubis
        That is conjecture, not fact. The fate of the Tollan was left up in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by amforster View Post
          Anyone expecting the Tolan to be back in a new stargate movie released sometime during 2010?
          the tollan are toast
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I made a mistake in my original post - meant to say ASCHEN... hence the 2010 connection

Comment

I made a mistake in my original post - meant to say ASCHEN... hence the 2010 connection
              unless the aschen can survive a black hole nope.

that timeline no longer exists
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

A few Tollans could have escaped, we never really knew anything about their ships, just that they weren't that fast, I doubt they would have completely rebuilt their civilization by now though, unless a lot of them managed to leave Tollana and they have some decent fabrication tech, which we've never been shown.

TBH I'd like the new film to deal with the reveal of the Stargate Program to the world.
                I don't think Earth's gonna get a better time to do it really, the major threats are pretty clear, we've kinda got a gap in them after EATG, we have plenty of advanced tech to deal with most problems that may happen, the only things that hold us back from implementing much of it is money and man power, which could be easily supplied by people wanting to work for the IOA or whatever organization is created to deal with it after the shock factor is gone.

Comment

The Aschen were pretty damn advanced, they may have survived the fate Earth tried to make them have.
                  A new Aschen story may be interesting, although I'd stick by wanting what i wrote in my last post.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rise Of The Phoenix
                    A few Tollans could have escaped
                    Narim escaped he is now known as Simon!

But yeah the Aschen, which ones were involved with the black hole.
                    The 2010 Aschen or 2001 Aschen? I can't remember.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post
                      Narim escaped he is now known as Simon!

But yeah the Aschen, which ones were involved with the black hole.
                      The 2010 Aschen or 2001 Aschen? I can't remember.
                      yeah previously Dr Weir's fella, I wonder if he knows that she died.

2010 Aschen were given the dodgy gate addresses, although it's not clear whether they used them or not, they may have used caution and not just took our word they were safe after we double crossed them in the episode.

Comment

I always thought that the black hole addresses handed out to the Aschen in 2001 were more of nasty insult than anything else, and a warning not to mess with us anymore. If we weren't destroyed by the black holes, they wouldn't be, either, since they're more technologically advanced than we are and also apparently spread across several different worlds.

At any rate,
                        Spoiler:
                        Brad Wright already said they're not in the next movie. Which is very sad because they are hands down my favorite bad guys.
                        Last edited by VSS; 25 May 2009, 02:18 PM.

Comment

but they had no experience with black holes and also the iris we had helped alot, however they could have used one of the less important worlds in their confederation because i doubt they would use their homeworld for exploration in case something happened
                          Captain Simms

Comment

Originally posted by captain simms View Post
                            but they had no experience with black holes and also the iris we had helped alot, however they could have used one of the less important worlds in their confederation because i doubt they would use their homeworld for exploration in case something happened
                            They have none that we know of, TBH that's not really what's important, it's their experience with the gate tech that is important and of course we know they've probably been using the gate for longer than Earth if the paper that Daniel found was anything to go by.

If the Aschen aren't gonna be in the film, then I think it's likely that it'll be about the reveal, I heard around GW that Brad wants to deal with that in a story.
                            Now seems like the perfect time to tell it IMO.

Comment

I'll never understand the obsession on this forum with the Aschen, they were probably the most bland and boring race ever introduced.

Comment

Working...
                              X