Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really dislike the we
    Spoiler:
    end up on a primitive earth... It would've been better if they came in during ww2
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 July 2009, 09:58 AM. Reason: tagged for mwb's benefit.

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Thanks for everyone's opinions!! i've now just started season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
        Spoiler:
        If the cylon base can be moved why was it inside of Galactica's jump range and not near the locations of the twelve colonies were it wouldve been safer. Cavils forces are still out there as their were base stars jumping into the base before galactica arrived therefore can be a future threat. How did they get the jump coordinates for the cylon base as they couldn't find it and Kara's song was the location of Earth and not the colony as was i beleive indicated. Who the frak were Gauis and 6's imaginery beings could they really be some form of Angel and what is Kara in all this is she god? I think there was a few questions left unansered.
        Well, I thought the questions were pretty obviously answer for the most part.....
        Spoiler:
        They got the coordinates from the random raptor that jumped out looking for Hera and found it by mistake. That was failry obvious if you'd watched it.
        There images were meant to be angels. That much is almost stated. Kara is possibly a type of angel/demon sent to aid them.
        She wasn't God. God is a 'he', as is stated at the end.

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by locutes View Post
        I really dislike the we end up on a primitive earth... It would've been better if they came in during ww2

Hey, this thread was started by someone who hasn't seen it all yet. Spoiler warnings!
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 July 2009, 09:56 AM. Reason: tagged it.:)
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

IMHO the miniseries and season one is almost the top of its game. Season 2 is excellent. Season 3 has high points but some issues too. Season 4 didn't deliver as I'd hoped, but again, some high points.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            Thanks for everyone's opinions!! i've now just started season 3.
            The first five episodes of Season 3 are absolutely amazing. The New Caprica/Occupation stuff are the best episodes the show ever did. The rest of the season tends to wander though and had some "eh" stand alone episodes. Do you agree with me? Eh?
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
              Well, I thought the questions were pretty obviously answer for the most part.....
              Spoiler:
              They got the coordinates from the random raptor that jumped out looking for Hera and found it by mistake. That was failry obvious if you'd watched it.
              There images were meant to be angels. That much is almost stated. Kara is possibly a type of angel/demon sent to aid them.
              She wasn't God. God is a 'he', as is stated at the end.

Hey, this thread was started by someone who hasn't seen it all yet. Spoiler warnings!
              I did spoiler it........

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

For my part (even though I guess this is a bit late now) BSGG was a very bumpy ride for me throughout the entire series afttr the miniseries. Season one I felt....well it was not the best of the show....last couple of times that I have watched it my opinion has gone up on it ever so slightly, but its still not the best. And then came season two, and that was awesome season, one of the best of the show. And then season three came along and it had a few painful episodes in it for me that made it a bit difficult to watch, but needless to say, I am glad I stuck with it, for everything after Crossroads is some awesome awesome television

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                  I did spoiler it........
                  Ah, not originally.!
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                    The first five episodes of Season 3 are absolutely amazing. The New Caprica/Occupation stuff are the best episodes the show ever did. The rest of the season tends to wander though and had some "eh" stand alone episodes. Do you agree with me? Eh?
                    the New Caprica episodes are my favorite out of all the BSG eps. My favorite scene of the show is in 'occupation.'

my favorite ep though is 'unfinished business,' because i love flashbacks, and the episodes was constructed and written beautifully. (not to mention the l/k stuff )
                    thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

So yesturday i finally got round to watching the BSG miniseries, after picking it up in my local tesco for £3 about a week ago. I wouldnt say i loved it but it was interesting enough to keep my attention through the 3 hours of the miniseries. With that in mind, i havent decided whether i want to continue on. Part of me wants to know what happens next, while the other part is not that bothered. So my question is dose the show get better from the miniseries??
                      Most people consider the miniseries the best part of BSG. Season 1 was almost on par in my opinion, but it was all down-hill from season 2 onward. Season 4 was half decent, but not back to it's best IMO.

Comment

Well the time has come and i've actually finish BSG from start to finish (it shocking the amount you watch when your off work ill for 2 weeks).

Miniseries: While good, was not great (hence the reason behind this thread). It really was the finally scene that revealed Boomer as a Cylon made me want to carry on.

Season 1: The 1st two episode 33 & Water, really disappointed me as continuations on from the miniseries, and i was starting to feel some regret in carrying on. I then watched Bastille Day, which gave me a look at the potential in the show and from there on i pretty much enjoyed the rest of the season. The highlight for me was the secondary storyline on Caprica with Helo, for the most part that's what kept me watching. Considering that i dont know if i would have continued with the show during is original airing on TV, but prospectives change when you watch things on DVD.

Season 2: In general, i quite enjoyed this season as a whole. The arc of the first 7 episode was a clear highlight, having the story unfold on 3 different fronts (Caprica, Kobol, the fleet), was a big factor in this. Following that Final Cut" & Flight of the Phoenix were enjoyable. The Pegasus arc was good, mixing things up a little. The next few episode were a bit up and down, and probably the weakest in the season (Black Market-Sacrifice). The last few episode were really enjoyable, Downloaded was one of the highlights for me.

Season 3: Was a bit of a mixed bag. The episodes at the start on New Caprica were probably the main highlight of the season, while everything following leading up to Taking a Break from All Your Worries was still pretty enjoyable. The rest of the season until Crossroads (excluding Maelstrom), was a bit meh and was incredibly drawn out. As for Crossroads itself, particularly part 2 was again rather good.

Razor: Overall i enjoyed it, but it was a slightly confusing at times.

Season 4: Overall the season was more constant than season 3, but there were less episode that stood out. There wasn't anything that was bad or meh, but only a few episodes were really good. Because i hadn't read spoilers i was a little taken back after Sometimes a Great Notion, since it thought once they found Earth that would be it. But the reminder of the season was still had some good stories to tell.

Overall i thought that BSG was quite an enjoyable experience. Saying that i'm not sure that i could have stuck with the show for 4 years watching it on a episode a week bases, but then i'll never know if that would be the case. The enjoyment was definitely appended up by watching it at a faster pass. The main appeal for me, wasn't really whether the humans would survive or if they'd find Earth. For me it was the Cylons that were the main draw their evolution, there motivations, the final five etc.

Comment

So yesturday i finally got round to watching the BSG miniseries, after picking it up in my local tesco for £3 about a week ago. I wouldnt say i loved it but it was interesting enough to keep my attention through the 3 hours of the miniseries. With that in mind, i havent decided whether i want to continue on. Part of me wants to know what happens next, while the other part is not that bothered. So my question is dose the show get better from the miniseries??
                          You have no FRACKIN idea. There are multiple instances where your jaw will drop. The fourth season episode where the Final Cylon is revealed still gets me.
                          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Word - DO NOT WATCH - BSG: The Plan when it comes out as it will have spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                              You have no FRACKIN idea. There are multiple instances where your jaw will drop. The fourth season episode where the Final Cylon is revealed still gets me.
                              shame I knew it weeks before that. But the last episode when they found
                              Spoiler:
                              our Earth
                              was absolutely amazing
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                shame I knew it weeks before that. But the last episode when they found
                                Spoiler:
                                our Earth
                                was absolutely amazing
                                It wasn't so much *who* it was as it was the details revealed by said person.

Comment

Working...
                                X