Does it get better??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it get better??

So yesturday i finally got round to watching the BSG miniseries, after picking it up in my local tesco for £3 about a week ago. I wouldnt say i loved it but it was interesting enough to keep my attention through the 3 hours of the miniseries. With that in mind, i havent decided whether i want to continue on. Part of me wants to know what happens next, while the other part is not that bothered. So my question is dose the show get better from the miniseries??

It's probably a matter of opinion, but I think the general quality is about the same, or somewhat (up to 20%) higher, although my numbers may be off.

If you would like, perhaps I could draw you a chart.
    Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
    Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

from my experience so far season 1 is the best and the quailty dropped a little bit in season 2 but picked right back up in the third season.

i haven't seen the fourth season yet

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        So yesturday i finally got round to watching the BSG miniseries, after picking it up in my local tesco for £3 about a week ago. I wouldnt say i loved it but it was interesting enough to keep my attention through the 3 hours of the miniseries. With that in mind, i havent decided whether i want to continue on. Part of me wants to know what happens next, while the other part is not that bothered. So my question is dose the show get better from the miniseries??
        The answer to that question is very subjective. I thought the mini-series was great, and overall, loved the journey of BSG. But, I can see what some might have seen as flawed over the seasons on the show. Definitely a series worth checking out IMO. I don't think it will be a waste of your time.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thanks guys! I've decided to give season 1 a go and see from there!

Comment

Nope it gets worst as it progresses. especially after the first season.

Comment

I hope you end up enjoying it as much as I did.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Season 1 is great, the show keeps climbing and climbing

S2 is very good but in one or 2 eps the foundations start getting shaky

S3 has about 3-4 great episodes and 5-6 stinkers, the rest is meh

S4 totally screwing the pooch, 20+ episodes of crap

Comment

Originally posted by Bey0nd View Post

S4 totally screwing the pooch, 20+ episodes of crap
                  Not a single episode of S4 impressed you? Wow.

S1/The Miniseries was probably the best season of the show.

S2 was great as well with only two terrible episodes (Epiphanies and Black Market) and the rest being average - great.

S3 had a fantastic start but is probably the most uneven of the bunch. Too many stand-alone episodes and some missteps in the main storyline. The last 4 episodes were great.

The first half of S4 was, for the most part, great. There wasn't a single episode that I didn't enjoy.

The second half of S4 is a little more sketchy. Some great eps, some not so great. RDM made an ending that seemed a bit anti-BSG. You'll see.

Overall, it's a fantastic series. Not perfect (but then again, what show is?). One of the best in the genre, I think. Enjoy the ride.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

In my opinion of course, don't waste your time and money. If it airs for free, you have nothing better to do, then go for it. But if you had to spend the money, I would strongly recommend getting the full series of The Wire. While it may not be Scifi, it certainly is one of the best TV shows EVER produced. It makes BSG seem like cheap Saturday morning cartoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                      Not a single episode of S4 impressed you? Wow.

S1/The Miniseries was probably the best season of the show.

S2 was great as well with only two terrible episodes (Epiphanies and Black Market) and the rest being average - great.

S3 had a fantastic start but is probably the most uneven of the bunch. Too many stand-alone episodes and some missteps in the main storyline. The last 4 episodes were great.

The first half of S4 was, for the most part, great. There wasn't a single episode that I didn't enjoy.

The second half of S4 is a little more sketchy. Some great eps, some not so great. RDM made an ending that seemed a bit anti-BSG. You'll see.

Overall, it's a fantastic series. Not perfect (but then again, what show is?). One of the best in the genre, I think. Enjoy the ride.
                      Referring to the bit in bold, I don't really think so. But, that is just my opinion.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I thought the season finally was brilliant, best part of writing ive seen in BSG since season 1.

Miniseries - great, a bit slow but has to be to set up the series's.

season 1 - great realistic feel but can be depressing. It also had little yet well placed and orchastrated music. Few battles but well placed well written plot focusing on making good TV not a spectacle for the eyes like the other 3 seasons.

Season 2 - Good a few episodes I just can't watch again but I like Blackmarket it is a bit to dark for some people though. Better budget means better looking battles. I would've liked to have seen the battle in 'Ressurection ship part2' normally instead of what seemed to be made as a drunken haze. My favourite episode is captains hand.

Season 3 - first 4 episodes are good but lacks out after that 3 good episodes in the middle 'The eye' was good but after that it gets more 'Magical' to a sense reverting to proper sci-fi instead of what we have come to love.

season 4 - Just seems to be a series of how much of Galactica can be destroyed and how much can these people go through before they give up. Rather deppressing and in some cases backwards written stories but made up for with a well written finalle with a few major flaws in it.

Spoilers for final episode

Spoiler:
                        If the cylon base can be moved why was it inside of Galactica's jump range and not near the locations of the twelve colonies were it wouldve been safer. Cavils forces are still out there as their were base stars jumping into the base before galactica arrived therefore can be a future threat. How did they get the jump coordinates for the cylon base as they couldn't find it and Kara's song was the location of Earth and not the colony as was i beleive indicated. Who the frak were Gauis and 6's imaginery beings could they really be some form of Angel and what is Kara in all this is she god? I think there was a few questions left unansered.
                        if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

BSG is my favorite show, the only thing coming close to it would be Star Trek: TNG and the first 5 or so seasons of SG1. The show really hasn't had any terrible episodes, and stays very consistent throughout its run (even though I have not seen 4.5 yet)

Season 1 is fantastic all around, with a really great finale.

Season 2 had a few episodes that were sub par (Black Market was ok, and Epiphanies - the worst of all of the episodes). However, Pegasus and Resurrection Ship 1 and 2 are fantastic.

Season 3 had a few too many singular episodes, but it finished great.

And what I have seen of Season 4 (til 4.5) has been nothing but great.
                          WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY 2013

Comment

Season 1 is better than the miniseries. It peaks at the end of season 1; goes in to a slow decline become more rapid in seasons 3 & 4.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Hmm, I don't really understand all the Season 4 hate... maybe it's actually Daybreak hate...??

The only episode in S4 that I didn't enjoy was Deadlock (for various reasons). Other than that, I thought every other episode in the season was average - great.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Working...
                              X