Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Episodes to get someone hooked (SG1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Episodes to get someone hooked (SG1)

Ok so i all have all 10 seasons of SG1 and have watched pretty much every episode at least 3-4 times, some of them way more than that. Anyways what im wondering is what episodes would be the best for getting someone hooked on the show that would present excitement and not require alot of explanation. The reason im curious is that theres a girl im kind of interested in, who ive been hanging out with more and more, shes also into most scifi stuff but told me that she the premise of stargate was boring...so needless to say my goal is to change her opinion with a few great episodes. If you guys and girls wanna list like 5 episodes or so that you think would be good for this id really apreciate it. Also i hope i posted in the right area, if not im sorry its my first post here.

umm
    politics
    disclosure
    inauguration
    yea

Comment

In my opinion, you should start from the beginning, with "Children of the gods"; but if you need something exciting you can try with "Lost city", great epic scenes, but it's a bit further in the series...
      sigpic
      Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

It depends on what side of Stargate you want to show.. do you want to show off the action/adventure episodes? exploring ancient culture episodes? maybe the more emotional side?

I know you said 5. but I would pick:

Cold Lazarus
        The Torment of Tantalus
        Holiday
        Forever in a Day
        A Hundred Days
        Window of Opportunity
        Red Sky
        Paradise Lost
        Lifeboat
        Enemy Mine

I think you should avoid the later seasons if you want to avoid spoilers. And some of the later episodes require some knowledge of past events so the earlier seasons might be easier to get into.

Comment

im a stargate nut and my friends hate it cause im constantly talking about it. so on our pupil free day i forced them into watching an ep and now they love it!

the episode i chose was the time skip one, kinda like ground hog day. its good because its great at showing off jack's humour, aswell as the whole physics side of things.

this is my first post, so i hope it helps!

Comment

depends on th e person's tastes. If they like comedy, something like wormhole or 200 would be best. For drama, Lost City

Comment

With my sister, you always want to get her with the funny and romantic ones. If she's like my sister: Wormhole X-Treme, Brief Candle, Window of Opportunity would be good choices. A little trip to Atlants with Duet would also be good.

Comment

Full circle is an epic episode
                sigpic
                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                Metal gear fan

Comment

But I would definitly start somewhere in the begining to avoid confusion.

Comment

I also think it's best to start with the first season-

COTG, The Nox, Thor's Hammer, The torment of Tantlus and Solitudes.

Those were the episodes that got me hooked
                    ~We do not stop playing because we grow old,
                    we grow old because we stop playing.~
                    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by 666startover View Post
                      I also think it's best to start with the first season-

COTG, The Nox, Thor's Hammer, The torment of Tantlus and Solitudes.

Those were the episodes that got me hooked
                      Ah yes, good choices. Not too confusing, not too simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                        Full circle is an epic episode
                        It's epic... but it was intended to tie up loose ends and set up possible SG-1 movies.. Someone new to Stargate wouldn't have a clue about what was going on.

Earlier seasons would be better to avoid confusion. Standalone episodes that don't directly tie in to the main season arc could also be good choices.

Comment

+ Scorched Earth

Comment

The one which I've remembered for the most amount of time is the 2nd episode of the 5th disc of the 1st season...

The first episode of the quantum mirror. It's name slips my mind.

Comment

Yeah a lot depends on what she likes. Episodes with more character emphasis would be:
                              Singularity
                              The Fifth Race (the best "team episode")
                              Scorched Earth (one the best "team episodes")
                              Abyss
                              The Shroud

More action
                              Within the Serpents Grasp (pt. 1 and 2)
                              Nemesis+Small Victories
                              The Lost City (parts 1 and 2)
                              The Reckoning (parts 1and 2)+Threads; long I know but they all go together.
                              Beachhead

I know most of the action ones are longer. A newbie should still be able to follow along with later season episodes; since they're standalone or they have a "previously on" opening.
                              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Working...
                              X