Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the Ancients inter-breeding with Humans leds to Witches, Wizards, etc?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the Ancients inter-breeding with Humans leds to Witches, Wizards, etc?

Was just wondering since the Ancients fleeing Altantis back ot Earth & inter-breeding with Humans /starting their own cultures on Earth after the war with the have led to later examples of individuals being Witches, Wizards, Sorcerers, etc?

We know that Hauk'Tauri's & Advanced Humans can have amazing advanced abilities which could of been construed or misinterrupted as magic, 'divine' or 'demonic' powers (dpeending on the society, relgion or culture the individual came from at the time)?

Later generations of Humans who's ancestors had interbred with Ancients & possessed the Ancient gene might have manefested advanced abilities such as telekenesis, visions, telepathy or other Hauk'Tauri-like powers (like Merlin's or Adria's) many hundreds or thousands of years down the track.

This random genetic mutation of people's DNA to include such extraordinary abilities might account for takes, myths & legends - such as Merlin - of people whom were supposedly possessed of magical, divine or demonic powers (especially Ancients whom lived amongst Humans during their time they were on Earth in the years after they fled Atlantis).

What do you guys & girls think?

I think it's likely that 'relationships' between Ancients and Ancient Humans would result in Humans with evolved abiities but most of these wouldn't survive long enough to realise this. Those who did survive would only be branded as Witches, etc. in civilisations where the Ancients were either no longer around or hide their true selves. This could also be the case of Humans born several generations after the Ancients were wiped out in the form of genetic traits that skip generations through carrier genes. Another way to look at it is that those with evolved abilities would be seen as Gods or their messengers and so would be revered rather than feared and hunted. It really depends upon the makeup of the society in question.
    sigpic

Comment

Interesting, in the realm of the Stargate universe, seems likely.

Comment

I think its a case of very very few ancients living among humans doing magic like stuff and people eventually becoming afraid of these people and accusing lots of others of being "witches" when they really aren't capable of said magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozman View Post
          Interesting, in the realm of the Stargate universe, seems likely.
          nicely done

Comment

I guess its possible, I'd never thought of that before, green for you, green for everyone as i'm nice like that.

Comment

wow, never thought about it that way!!! guess it could be possible as primitive cultures always mistake technology as sorcery or daemons and stuff.

Comment

You do realise that the Ancients and humans had some fun about 10K years ago? Yes, good? Great! Glad we got that out of the way.

Another question: You do realise that Jack's the most advanced human being on the planet? No? You didn't? Shame on you, go watch his dealings with the Asgard again, specifically the episode with mini-Jack.

So, if the Ancient happened 10K years ago and Jack's the most advanced being on the planet, the next step in evolution if you will, then there wouldn't have been any witches or wizards. Mostly because they had to have existed 10K years ago and would've probably either ascended or killed themselves when the Goa'uld wanted to take them as hosts.
                Signed,

Gregorius
                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                  -sniped for lenght-

What do you guys & girls think?
                  Indeed, I'm almost 99% certain that in the Stargate Universe the TPTB have tried to imply that most of our modern day myths have, in some way come though the stories the Ancients most likely told... for example

Atlantis came to be known by humans through the Ancients... (duhh )

We could go so far as to assume that "Vampires" could quite easily be thanks to stories of the Wraith, fast regeneration, immortality, humanoide, feeds of humans and super strong, also in the original legends of the living dead there where said to be able to hypnotise humans, this could simple be a Ancient trying to explain the queens telekinetic abilities....

Obviously the Story of Merlin and Morgan...

If you believe that 4 Great Race alliance was after they came back from Peg, then the Nox could easily be attributed to the stories of "Natures Spirits" etc.....

And as for Jack being the most Advanced human, then yes he is at the present and on our planet... Jonas for example could be described and further along the evolutionary chain, also any Family linage that had the abilities prone to them would have been hunted and wiped out during the Witch Hunts...

But thats just my opinion
                  A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

What about Shepperd? Remember Jack has the gene but he had the Ancient database in his head when he activated the Antarctic outpost and used the chair. Mckay jaw dropped when Shepperd was able to activate the chair and view their position in the solar system, he did it in a split second, did Jack failed that test? If so, Shepperd is the alpha male, not Jack. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                      What about Shepperd? Remember Jack has the gene but he had the Ancient database in his head when he activated the Antarctic outpost and used the chair. Mckay jaw dropped when Shepperd was able to activate the chair and view their position in the solar system, he did it in a split second, did Jack failed that test? If so, Shepperd is the alpha male, not Jack. Sorry to burst your bubble.
                      Hold on, you're making an error. You do realise that Jack managed to get the chair working and fire/control a lot of drones while his head was being taken over by the database? You do also realise that Jack probably passed the test but couldn't come to Atlantis or stay in Antarctica because he's the commander of the SGC or because he's unwilling to do so due to his past experiences? Did you take into account that Jack might've played with the chair before McKay arrived?

Sorry to burst your bubble but Jackie-boy's the top dog when it comes to the Ancient gene. Sheppard's his number 1. The Riker to Jack's Picard.
                      Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt bet my life on that. I know everyone is a Jack fan, im too. Weir said she needed Shepperd cause he "does it naturally" and im pretty sure you wouldnt have to twist Jacks arm for him to be part of Atlantis mission. A SGC base commander is easily replaced. So its correct to assume, from what we know, that Shepperd has a "cleaner" connection with Ancient technology. Of course its all speculation, we'll never know really whos more advanced. We should probably blame the writers for making a Jack clone for Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                          I wouldnt bet my life on that. I know everyone is a Jack fan, im too. Weir said she needed Shepperd cause he "does it naturally" and im pretty sure you wouldnt have to twist Jacks arm for him to be part of Atlantis mission. A SGC base commander is easily replaced.
                          It was an one-way mission at first. You can't send the only person on the planet who has used the chair before, can contain the database, has years of experience and is a personal friend of the Asgard on a mission such as that. No higher-up would allow it. If Daniel Jackson wasn't allowed to go there then why would Jack be allowed?

So its correct to assume, from what we know, that Shepperd has a "cleaner" connection with Ancient technology. Of course its all speculation, we'll never know really whos more advanced. We should probably blame the writers for making a Jack clone for Atlantis.
                          No, we can't assume that Sheppard has a cleaner connection. We can assume Sheppard is less reluctant than Jack to use such pieces of technology.
                          Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Gregorius, I think you are misinterpreting the episode in question.

Originally posted by 703 Fragile Balance
                            LOKI: I believed his genetic code contained the key.
                            O'NEILL and YOUNG JACK:(simultaneously) Mine?
                            O'NEILL: Stop it.
                            LOKI: He was physiologically advanced enough to carry and utilize all the data from the ancient repository of knowledge. That would not be possible for any human one generation ago. He is a significant step forward on your evolutionary path.
                            This does not exclude the possibility that genetic traits we passed on from the Ancients to Primitve humans. It means that none of us would have had the capacity to carry and utilize ALL the data from the RoK.

I also think you are forgetting that over the thousands of years there would have been high death rates due to still borns, disease, and accidents. The worlds population at that time would have been, by todays stardards, almost non-existant. The gene's could have been lost, or weakened possibly dormant over time, and now that humans are starting to really advance, the genes are becoming more active.

Either way, Stargate could use this as a resonable explaination for Witches and Wizards.

You should keep a more open mind about this.

Comment

When it comes to chair compatibility Jack comes comes above Sheppard easily. Take drone firing for instance, Sheppard has never been seen firing more than four drones at any one time whereas Jack was easily able to control the thousands of drones needed to obliterate Anubis' fleet. It was also stated that Carson was next on the compatibility list after Sheppard. It's unknown whether or not Jack is included on this list but if he is he must clearly be above Sheppard because I very much doubt he'd be below Carson.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X