This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is SGU opening the door to a 4th series? Beware Spoilers for SGU

ok, bare with me here but unless i'm mistaken isn't the destiny following the ship that is seeding gate's on new planets and if both ships have been doing this for so many years wouldn't it makes sense that some of these planets have already evolved to the point of maybe understanding how to use the gate network???

i think the door could be left open so to speak for a series to take place in another region of space void of any of the back story of the previous 3 series.

i would love to see a totally new series with no cross overs or amazing tech just simple people living using the stargate to travel to other worlds and exploring.

just a idea i thought i'd share.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    ok, bare with me here but unless i'm mistaken isn't the destiny following the ship that is seeding gate's on new planets and if both ships have been doing this for so many years wouldn't it makes sense that some of these planets have already evolved to the point of maybe understanding how to use the gate network???

i think the door could be left open so to speak for a series to take place in another region of space void of any of the back story of the previous 3 series.

i would love to see a totally new series with no cross overs or amazing tech just simple people living using the stargate to travel to other worlds and exploring.

just a idea i thought i'd share.
    One can only hope
    sigpic

Comment

I think it's best to concentrate on one new series at a time. Plus I don't think it would get many viewers simply because it's somewhat irrelevant to Earth.
      Interesting idea though.
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

The third series hasn't even aired and you're already thinking about the fourth?

I don't think TPTB will do this, for the same reason they'd never make a prequel - They've always said one of the things they like most about Stargate is that it's us (ie Earth people) in the here and now.
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

The ships left 5-10 million years ago. The universe is 14 billion years old. If it takes as long for civilizations to appear on all planets with life as it di here the first space-faring societies would have appeared 9-10 billion years ago. So, in conclusion, I think it's safe to say they might have had time to not only advance to the point where they can understand how to work the Stargates, but also far surpass the Ancients.

The third series hasn't even aired and you're already thinking about the fourth?
          I'm already thinking about the fifth. What's wrong with thinking ahead?

Comment

I'm just afraid if something like that happens though that Stargate would go the way of Star Trek and just have awful spin offs and become way too convoluted, needing an eventual reboot.

The charm of Stargate for me has always been it being on Earth, with modern day human stuff. I'd hate to see that go, lol.
            I wonder if Teal'c ever has a bad hair day?

Linky
            Survey Safari

Comment

i think the reason stargate captures the minds of so many fans is because it could really be happening, and to make a series like this, makes it just another sci fi show about a galaxcy far away....i wouldnt like it
              THE HAM HAS SPOKEN

Comment

We already got Farscape

Although..........

Comment

With no earth connections yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sigpic
                  Sig made by squirrely1
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                  *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCarter View Post
                    The charm of Stargate for me has always been it being on Earth, with modern day human stuff. I'd hate to see that go, lol.
                    Hasn't it already pis*ed that away ever since the inclusion of the 304's and things like that?
                    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                      The ships left 5-10 million years ago. The universe is 14 billion years old. If it takes as long for civilizations to appear on all planets with life as it di here the first space-faring societies would have appeared 9-10 billion years ago. So, in conclusion, I think it's safe to say they might have had time to not only advance to the point where they can understand how to work the Stargates, but also far surpass the Ancients.
                      Provided that they even survived that long... the Ancients went extinct after (at least as far as we can tell from what is provided in the series) only a few tens of millions of years.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCarter View Post
                        I'm just afraid if something like that happens though that Stargate would go the way of Star Trek and just have awful spin offs and become way too convoluted, needing an eventual reboot.

Hey I wouldn't complain if we are watching a Stargate series on TV in 30yrs time (and not re-runs!), after having about 10 theatrical releases

Convolute away my friends! Too much Stargate is never enough.
                        sigpic

Comment

The point about leading into a fourth series is actually interesting. It never hurts to look ahead. And if a show is good, there's no reason not to be looking ahead. I mean look at CSI...there's 3 series being aired at the SAME TIME.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                            The point about leading into a fourth series is actually interesting. It never hurts to look ahead. And if a show is good, there's no reason not to be looking ahead. I mean look at CSI...there's 3 series being aired at the SAME TIME.
                            Here here, lets hope STARGATE does this well & keeps going well!

As for SGU leading into a 4th series, I say bring it on - although judging by the hype & from what we've seen thusfar, I am VERY excited about what SGU could bring in terms of the series itself & it's future for the rest of the franchise & any future movies.

Comment

The franchise needs to keep going, as series and not just movies so i wouldn't mind a fourth, fifth, sixth series as long as they involve the stargate and still set in the modern day, so it could still be seen as really happening right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X