This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatebuilders39 View Post
    what about a printing shop for flyers. i have quite a lot of flyers i made for Bedford Con. i can send you 100 flyers. when is the Con date.

its alright to use Artwork for the campiagn by printing it in a flyer. im making a new flyer. ive seen a an artwork of SGA City on the photobucket. i wouldn't mind using something like that.
    Unfortunately with server payments I'm already cutting things close.
    That'd be awesome, gatebuilder! Thank you
    I'm gonna be going on Sunday, July 26.
    I can at least see if a few vendors would display one on their booths and just hand out the rest.

Use it. That's what she made them for

I'll PM you.
    Save Atlantis Forum
    TheAmberCafe.com Free Classifieds

Comment

chances are, if your drawing is something original, most commercial places won't care. If it's an image lifted directly from the show, they might.

you way around that is to try the 'self service' angle where you just pay for copies and no one sees what you do, take it to work - if allowed and won't get you in trouble - and make the copies there

so if you copy an original piece of artwork, shouldn't be a big deal. If you're copying something someone else did, then they might give you grief.

last time i used kinkos i wanna say color copies were about 50 cents each

a cheaper alternative is b/w copies on colored paper
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WraithInMe View Post
        Unfortunately with server payments I'm already cutting things close.
        That'd be awesome, gatebuilder! Thank you
        I'm gonna be going on Sunday, July 26.
        I can at least see if a few vendors would display one on their booths and just hand out the rest.

Use it. That's what she made them for

I'll PM you.
        give me your address through emails.

Comment

* Contacting vendors,etc., from a list from the San Diego Comicon: We are trying to locate businesses that would be willing to put out our flyers/order-forms, maybe even have a T-shirt or two, as well. We need help with this, big time!

*Printing and Campaign Material: We need your help if you have a contact willing to help out in the printing industry. If we could get group account going, we could pay-as-you-go for flyers and T-shirts. Or if any person owns a print shop and is willing/able to help us, that would be even better!

*i dont understand vendors. what do i type in search engines. which state do you want me to search for.

Comment

wraithinme

im in uk. the postage wont be expensive.

im buying some flyers, the shop is offering 500 flyers for £40.00 pounds. thats the same price for 250 flyers . make sense to go for the 500.
            is 500 too much to send to a massive con.

Comment

*i dont understand vendors. what do i type in search engines. which state do you want me to search for.
              The vendors are the exhibitors or sellers.

As far as the 2009 Comi-con in San Diego, California, they said they'll post the exhibitors that will definitely be there, 2 weeks before it starts.
              It's just there will be so many and we'd still need to contact them and wait for a reply.
              Here's a list of the exhibitors that were there for the 2008 one:
              http://www.comic-con.org/cci2008/cci_exhib.php

Then there's the other cons like Shore Leave, Dragon*Con, etc. But I'm not quite sure which campaign members are definitely going to those.

wraithinme

im in uk. the postage wont be expensive.

im buying some flyers, the shop is offering 500 flyers for £40.00 pounds. thats the same price for 250 flyers . make sense to go for the 500.
              is 500 too much to send to a massive con.
              Hope not cause I'm in California...

500 is definitely not too many. Besides you could give some to various exhibitors that are willing to put some out on their booths for people to grab.

gatebuilders, are they going to have a season 6 order form on them?
              Save Atlantis Forum

Comment

Hi!
                Don't start printing up flyers for Comicon yet. There will be a new one before Comicon. Comicon isn't until the end of July -- we have 2 months!

Where things stand right now, is the Jericho fans have agreed to let us put out our flyer/"order form" at their table. This is a fan table, just for them.

I have contacted Comicon about us getting a free table, but it may be too late. It isn't advertised that they do that for fan groups, and it's expensive to purchase table space. I've written them twice, with no reply yet. I'll call if I don't here back by Friday.

Again, there will be mock order forms ready before the DVD launch -- which is June 30th. That is when phase 2 will start -- around the time of DVD release. It makes sense because they will be looking at how SGA does in sales at that time, so we will use that to our advantage.

If you are really want to help before that time, the best thing you can do is get more people involved. Email/PM people on forums. Write them a quick note, inviting them to join the campaign. Send such notes to people that are new, or seem open to joining. Be sure to include links to the campaign website, ask them to be sure to click on the join us button, to become a campaign member, and please let them know about the forum. And be sure you let your friends know about it too.

Then, set aside a little money for postage and printing material costs -- which will be card stock paper (for postcards) or paper & envelopes, printer ink, and stamps.

The campaign will run through the end of August. So there will be plenty of time.

Again, please do NOT start printing the old flyers for Comicon, because there will be additional information on them.

If you have places to put flyers now, then use the old ones, but just know that in the next couple of weeks, there will be new or additional information.
                Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!
                Save Atlantis Campaign Website
                Campaign Materials (flyers, postcards, etc.,.)

And join the discussion here:
                NEW!! Save Atlantis Campaign Forum
                Gateworld.com Save SGA thread
                SciFi.com Save SGA thread

Comment

Also, if I can set up something with a printshop, we could have postcards made up, with our logo or message on the front, and orderform on the back. For 1000, it would be a little over $100. That doesn't include shipping though. But it's in San Diego, so maybe there is a pick-up option too.

Personally, I like this idea. It's more professional than flyers, and it's something that people can mail in -- super easy for people to particpate. Plus, if they wanted to, they could fill-in and leave the postcard in a box at Comicon, and we could mail them ourselves. Again, that increases our costs, but then it gets done! If you like this idea, please let us know. I'm inclined to think it's our best route with this. We could print up some smaller colored paper flyers with the website on them too, as a back-up, or if we run out of postcards.

Here's what specials they have on their website:

http://www.angelprint.com/san_diego_..._printing.aspx

#

On-Demand, Eco-friendly Postcards
                  4 x 6 - Full color both sides (4/4)
                  Printed on 111# Primavera Recycled Gloss Card
                  1-2 day turnaround

4x6 Economy Postcards
                  500 - $49
                  #
                  Postcard Printing Special #2

On-Demand, Eco-friendly Deluxe Postcards
                  5.5 x 8.5 - Full color both sides (4/4)
                  Printed on 111# Primavera Recycled Gloss Card
                  1-2 day turnaround

5.5x8.5 Deluxe Postcards
                  500 Postcards - $150

Just an idea, but for this, we would either need a paypal account for the campaign, or have something set up with that particular business. Can someone look into the cost of paypal and post it here? Thanks
                  Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!

Comment

Some encouraging news -- Jericho fans have a table at Comicon and have agreed to let us put out our campaign material. It is really wonderful of them to do so. I'm so glad we will for sure have a place to put our stuff out at Comicon!

Comment

Originally posted by WraithInMe View Post
                      The vendors are the exhibitors or sellers.

As far as the 2009 Comi-con in San Diego, California, they said they'll post the exhibitors that will definitely be there, 2 weeks before it starts.
                      It's just there will be so many and we'd still need to contact them and wait for a reply.
                      Here's a list of the exhibitors that were there for the 2008 one:
                      http://www.comic-con.org/cci2008/cci_exhib.php

Then there's the other cons like Shore Leave, Dragon*Con, etc. But I'm not quite sure which campaign members are definitely going to those.

Hope not cause I'm in California...

500 is definitely not too many. Besides you could give some to various exhibitors that are willing to put some out on their booths for people to grab.

gatebuilders, are they going to have a season 6 order form on them?
                      i have the david hewlett flyers. i made a new flyer with the image of the City. i've iploaded it on photobucket.
                      i dont have the forms yet.
                      when are these forms ready to print.
                      do you want the david hewlett flyers.
                      Last edited by gatebuilders39; 30 May 2009, 07:11 PM.

Comment

gatebuilders, don't worry about it. Seems I'll be moving in about 2 weeks anyway.

SGAfan, PP accounts are free but without a bank account or CC added you'll be stuck with a sending limit. I've had mine for several years but I don't believe they changed that aspect.
                        Save Atlantis Forum

Comment

i have the david hewlett flyers. i made a new flyer with the image of the City. i've iploaded it on photobucket.
                          i dont have the forms yet.
                          when are these forms ready to print.
                          do you want the david hewlett flyers.
                          I couldn't find the new pic or flyer you made on photobucket. Did you jsut post in recently? I have to approve it being posted up, but there is nothing like that on any of the three parts to the account.

I'm not sure yet what I will put on the new flyer, but it will still be cheaper to pool our money and then pay for the postcards/flyers in San Diego -- that way we won't be spend money on shipping.

Do you leftover flyers from the UK con?

Comment

Be sure to go over to the campaign forum and answer the polling question about what you think about an SGA movie(s) being made. We are fighting for a movie as much as we are for the show's return. Thanks
                            http://forum.saveatlantis.com/index.php?showtopic=35

Comment

Originally posted by SGAfan4life View Post
                              I couldn't find the new pic or flyer you made on photobucket. Did you jsut post in recently? I have to approve it being posted up, but there is nothing like that on any of the three parts to the account.

I'm not sure yet what I will put on the new flyer, but it will still be cheaper to pool our money and then pay for the postcards/flyers in San Diego -- that way we won't be spend money on shipping.

Do you leftover flyers from the UK con?
                              i do have left over flyers.

when i type SGA campaign on photobucket, i get a few albums. i did upload it, but i dont know where, i thought i would have had an email from you to approved it.

I have found the right album. i upload it again.
                              Last edited by gatebuilders39; 02 June 2009, 05:47 PM.

Comment

It's approved now.

On another note, I have gotten some more info on the postcards. Here's the first estimate. I will be getting some samples in the mail, and then I'll go from their. I think we should aim high. Would like some input from you all on this too! I haven't set up a paypal account yet for the group. I'll look into more.

I'm hoping to have a box set their to collect the filled in postcards (our mock order forms.) So, we would need money not only to cover the cost of the actual printing, but also for postage, which is $0.27 now. It's still the cheapest way to do this.

Plus, I was also thinking that instead of flyers, we could have business cards with the website on them. I guess folks could take a postcard, since they are a pretty good price, but business cards are cheaper -- all we would need is to have to website and fourm on it, just in case anyone wants to have a reminder of the web address. Maybe I can find some really good rates on those, since we really don't need anything fancy.

Here's the estimate:
                                Postcards: 4" x 6"
                                Printed 4/4 (full color both sides) on 14pt. cover stock plus UV coating
                                Turnaround 3 business days after proof approval

1000 - $134
                                2500 - $218
                                5000 - $232

Also, I'm thinking we will just have them shipped -- that will only add about $8 -$12, so it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X