Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you think of the flyer. I've made a new one with orange text.

the only paypal account we can have is a donation account.
    Last edited by gatebuilders39; 03 June 2009, 05:02 PM.

Comment

for SGAfan4life

here is some info about paypal donation account

How does PayPal approve charities and non-profit organisations?

Question :
      Answer :
      If you are collecting donations as a charity or non-profit organisation, you are required to authenticate the status of your account. You can inquire about approval by submitting contact information, business URL, and a brief business summary to [email protected]. As part of our authentication process, PayPal may later request that you provide proof of your tax-exempt status or registration under the applicable country-specific regulatory body or laws, and to conduct due diligence.

If you have a registered US 501(c) 3 organisation, you may receive reduced charity fees. Methods of collecting donations that are not associated with a charity or non-profit organisation are not subject to these requirements. However, all donation transactions are subject to review and must comply with all Acceptable Use Policies.

Comment

I think I will email them about it. It's not like we are trying to raise tons of money, but I want to be sure I know the rules before doing this this way. I do not want to have to file all sorts of new tax forms for a couple hundred dollars, esp. since I'm just wanting to get money to cover costs of items that we will purchase. I'll look into it tomrrow when I get a chance. Maybe they have a phone number so I can ask someone about it.
        THanks for the info gatebuilder!!!
        Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!
        Save Atlantis Campaign Website
        Campaign Materials (flyers, postcards, etc.,.)

And join the discussion here:
        NEW!! Save Atlantis Campaign Forum
        Gateworld.com Save SGA thread
        SciFi.com Save SGA thread

Comment

-hey,i'm in the u.k to i just wanted to ask about the stargate atlANTIS FILM,COS I read it was ment to be realese this janary,but :s
          can anyone tell me whats going o,and if the film has been completed,where can i get it
          yours,sishelley

Comment

Hi sirshelley,
            The film has not been made yet. In fact, the actors have not been signed to make the movie yet either. At best, we are hoping that it will be filmed summer of '10. The SG-1 film is in the works, and will be completed first. Also, in some interviews, it has been indicated that the success of SGU may play a part in any SGA movie being made. Hence, the campaign to save SGA -- both as a TV show, but also in the form of movies for several years to come! Hope you will sign up with the campaign, and join the fight to save SGA. Phase 2 of the campaign will start soon, and will consist of mailing in mock order forms for Season 6, but I am thinking that maybe I will include orders for the movies as well. I am planning on ordering professionally made postcards to bring to Comicon for this, but the same forms will be available to print for free too. I'll post it here and on the website (see link below) when I have it completed. Glad to meet another SGA fan! Welcome!
            Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!

Comment

I went to uk con where Rachel Luttrell and Ben Bowder came. she said the movie is set to shoot in november, i said its spectaculation, she agreed with that. she wasn't happy with the finale, she said, it didn't turn out as it should have.
              i took 100 flyers this time, they were all taken, i know its not much, because last time i took 250, but many people didnt take much, so it was enough. i still have 100 flyers left.
              i can send flyers to cons without me attending.
              i wanted to make new flyer because david hewlett flyer is a bit dark for people to see them. i didnt make new one, i thought i use the current instead, i did make 2 postcard with pic of city, people took it. i printed them with my printer,couldnt make a lot, i didnt have time to print more.
              have you made the mock forums yet. is it worth taking some mock forms to uk cons. or its better to stick with ComicCon.

Comment

Definitely worth taking some postcards. One of our members has offered to help design one, with a background in graphic arts. She will be able to help us starting this Thursday.
                I originally thought we could/should start the campaign with the start of what should have been season 6, then I thought the DVD release date. It will depend on time as to which one is chosen -- one would be June 30, the other July 11-16 (which is when seaon 1-4 started.) It is likely, for more than one reason, that the second date will be better. I have a few too many things on my plate right this week, and next, but am trying my best. I have the website, the postcard, setting up an account for donations -- there will be two places to donate -- one for the postcards campaign and phase two, and another for the saveatlantis forum. The monies will go to cover separate things. I will set up the one for phase two (it will cover the cost of making the postcards professionally and maybe the cost of business cards and even stamps -- it will not go to pay for the website, which I have kept at a free service, nor will it cover photobucket, which is also free.) And wraithinme has set up the forum's donation link, since it costs to run the forum where she set it up. If there is any money left over, I will give it to the running of the forum, &/or purchasing more postcard or flyers. But that is a bit down the road.

If we don't get enough, we could just open a new forum, but we will lose the domain -- at least that is what I think.

Also, some folks from teh Kyle XY campaign have contacted me, and want to join forces.
                I think it's a great idea. It is also likely that both shows share fans. Anyhow, I'll post more on this, but I am hoping we can help them, and they will help us.

Here is what I posted on sci-fi and saveatlantis forums about this

IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT!

Hi everyone,
                Here is the latest:

Members of the save Kyle XY campaign have contacted me, and have requested that we help them, and that they help us. There are some very obvious advantages to this. Combining our strength may give us both a need boost that may make a big difference.

I really hope that you will all help out this way by mailing in letters to Save Kyle XY and also signing their petition. Also, please help spread the word about this, by posting it up, and adding it to your signature, and emailing your friends about it. I have a lot of work to do on campaign stuff, including trying to get a postcard designed and professionally printed before Comicon, July 23 -26.

The Kyle XY campaign starts June 26th. Ours will start about a week or two later, but with a heavy emphasis on mailing near the end of July, to coincide with comicon.

Please check out their site, and help get involved with saving both shows!

http://www.savethetub.com/KyleXYCommunity.html

Comment

Originally posted by SGAfan4life View Post
                  Definitely worth taking some postcards. One of our members has offered to help design one, with a background in graphic arts. She will be able to help us starting this Thursday.
                  I originally thought we could/should start the campaign with the start of what should have been season 6, then I thought the DVD release date. It will depend on time as to which one is chosen -- one would be June 30, the other July 11-16 (which is when seaon 1-4 started.) It is likely, for more than one reason, that the second date will be better. I have a few too many things on my plate right this week, and next, but am trying my best. I have the website, the postcard, setting up an account for donations -- there will be two places to donate -- one for the postcards campaign and phase two, and another for the saveatlantis forum. The monies will go to cover separate things. I will set up the one for phase two (it will cover the cost of making the postcards professionally and maybe the cost of business cards and even stamps -- it will not go to pay for the website, which I have kept at a free service, nor will it cover photobucket, which is also free.) And wraithinme has set up the forum's donation link, since it costs to run the forum where she set it up. If there is any money left over, I will give it to the running of the forum, &/or purchasing more postcard or flyers. But that is a bit down the road.

If we don't get enough, we could just open a new forum, but we will lose the domain -- at least that is what I think.

Also, some folks from teh Kyle XY campaign have contacted me, and want to join forces.
                  I think it's a great idea. It is also likely that both shows share fans. Anyhow, I'll post more on this, but I am hoping we can help them, and they will help us.

Here is what I posted on sci-fi and saveatlantis forums about this

IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT!

Hi everyone,
                  Here is the latest:

Members of the save Kyle XY campaign have contacted me, and have requested that we help them, and that they help us. There are some very obvious advantages to this. Combining our strength may give us both a need boost that may make a big difference.

I really hope that you will all help out this way by mailing in letters to Save Kyle XY and also signing their petition. Also, please help spread the word about this, by posting it up, and adding it to your signature, and emailing your friends about it. I have a lot of work to do on campaign stuff, including trying to get a postcard designed and professionally printed before Comicon, July 23 -26.

The Kyle XY campaign starts June 26th. Ours will start about a week or two later, but with a heavy emphasis on mailing near the end of July, to coincide with comicon.

Please check out their site, and help get involved with saving both shows!

http://www.savethetub.com/KyleXYCommunity.html
                  that sounds realy good im more than happy to send postcards and pre-order forms in, as being in the UK the next con for Atlantis is not until jan/feb time. I would be happy to hand stuff out there even if its just encouragment for the movie as i doubt it will e much further on by then.
                  sigpic
                  banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

I picked up a flyer at collectormania with Rodney McKay on it.Saying Save me. lol
                    Was that yours Gatebuilder?

You have my support and so does Atlantis.
                    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Yep, gatebuilder printed and brought them, I created them
                      Glad you know about us now!

You can make your own T-shirt out of one (buy iron-on decal paper to use with your printer) or have one made for you at photobucket.

http://photobucket.com/Save_SGA_Campaign

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/o...Hfinalcopy.jpg
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 24 June 2009, 08:37 PM.

Comment

oh yeah, if you have an idea for any other characters, particularly what they would say on a T-shirt about the cancellation, let me know, and another member of the campaign, or I will make one and post in on photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by McgillionFan View Post
                          I picked up a flyer at collectormania with Rodney McKay on it.Saying Save me. lol
                          Was that yours Gatebuilder?

You have my support and so does Atlantis.
                          you are right, im the one who spread flyers. did you meet rachel, i asked a few questions, she's so sweet, and bubbly, i went all long away to see her. it was worth journey, i also went to the Bedford,where joe came.

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                            that sounds realy good im more than happy to send postcards and pre-order forms in, as being in the UK the next con for Atlantis is not until jan/feb time. I would be happy to hand stuff out there even if its just encouragment for the movie as i doubt it will e much further on by then.
                            are you talking about SG Chevron event in feb 210, where SGA actors might come.

Comment

now mags are talking about SGU though i get a feeling from mag, are not keen on SGU, a writer said, we have heard that beofore about a dark SG show.
                              >
                              in an interview with Cooper,said that he wanted some conflict between SGA characters, but it never happened, joe flanigan said he wanted some conflict btw some characters with somebody who question his military decision.

> in this interview they wrote about fans not happy with SGU, so our hate has attracted mags. this was in a uk mag.

joe F keeps saying in recent interveiws that he would definitely be interested in future SGA projects. one of the reason , is, he wants to work again with his friends.

Thats a big encourgementfor our campaign

i think the main question is does SG fans want a dark show like BSG? or the current format with plenty of humor.
                              Last edited by gatebuilders39; 20 June 2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebuilders39 View Post
                                are you talking about SG Chevron event in feb 210, where SGA actors might come.
                                I bought the tickets with my mates at Pegasus 4 for Pegasus 5 2010 but i think they will call it something different as it will now be a mix of the three shows which im kind of pissed about as i have no interest in seeing the other 2 shows, but hey thems the breaks!
                                sigpic
                                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Working...
                                X