Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant SGAfan4life's Avatar

Default Re: Stargate Atlantis Fan Events/Campaign

Thanks! I voted. It's been a tough season, hasn't it? : (
    Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!
    Save Atlantis Campaign Website
    Campaign Materials (flyers, postcards, etc.,.)

And join the discussion here:
    NEW!! Save Atlantis Campaign Forum
    Gateworld.com Save SGA thread
    SciFi.com Save SGA thread

Here are the Phase 2 postcards. They are 4 x 6 inches. I have heard that Avery makes pre-made ready to print postcards. I will also try to have a two to a page posted by this coming Monday. Have lots more to do, since Comicon is fast approaching, and have to get the postcards to the printer with enough time to get them back :

Please start mailing away. Also, anyone interested in heading up the email blitz? Need someone to organize it. Not tough to do, but requires posting about it here, syfy and the SaveAtlantis forums would be nice too.

The website has also been updated, so please feel free to check it out. If you find any errors, please send me an email or PM, and I'll fix it as soon as possible Thanks!

The postcard front is a bit campy, but hopefully pretty eye-catching too.

Front of postcard:
    http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/o...rsion1copy.jpg

at: http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/o...rsion1copy.jpg

Back of postcard:
    http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/o...dback2copy.jpg

at: http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/o...dback2copy.jpg
    Last edited by Bagpuss; July 10th, 2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Way too big on size/kb
    Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!

Wow! Looking good! Mine are going to be printed out on my own printer probably, as I don't have a lot of money ( though I think I can be excused, having spent so much money on SG-1/SGA merchandise these past 10 months or so! ). I hope they'll be getting an avalanche of these from all parts of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Lythisrose View Post
    SGA made the Tubey Awards finals for
    Most Painful Series Cancellation
    Vote here (under Tab 9-10)
    http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com...s/nominees.php
    Thanks for the link Lythisrose! I've voted!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinah View Post
    Wow! Looking good! Mine are going to be printed out on my own printer probably, as I don't have a lot of money ( though I think I can be excused, having spent so much money on SG-1/SGA merchandise these past 10 months or so! ). I hope they'll be getting an avalanche of these from all parts of the world!
    Hi Tinah, you can also use regular 4x6 index cards if the Avery postcards are too expensive. Just put the index cards in your printer and print away.

Thanks SGAfan4life for the great postcard design! I've printed alot from work...shhh..don't tell my boss!! Mailed off my first wave of postcards today.

P.S. -stretching the thread, can you put the pictures behind spoilers? Thanks!

Also, if anyone wants to send an email to David Howe here is his address.
    [email protected] dot com. It would be nice to send him emails...he sounds like he's lonely over there!!

Nevertheless, Howe says, “I haven't had an e-mail for two months despite the fact that my name is very prominent in chat rooms and on message boards. When we cancelled Stargate Atlantis, I had upward of 150 e-mails a day for six months. So the fact that I've had fewer than 20 e-mails in four months says to me that people really do understand why we're doing this.”

Thanks for the link I voted too.

SGAfan4live.
    Great job I like the order form more I love them.
    Now we can make order.

In addition, to bring my support to SGA I will only buy SGA DVDs boxes season 5.
    I don't intend to buy any other products from MGM or SGU.
    So I would want to show them how I love SGA and how I still remain annoying by this Cancellation and I can't forget this particuliar series and the way used.
    Petition updtate 35502

Quote Originally Posted by ed263 View Post
    Thanks for the link Lythisrose! I've voted!

Hi Tinah, you can also use regular 4x6 index cards if the Avery postcards are too expensive. Just put the index cards in your printer and print away.

Thanks SGAfan4life for the great postcard design! I've printed alot from work...shhh..don't tell my boss!! Mailed off my first wave of postcards today.

P.S. -stretching the thread, can you put the pictures behind spoilers? Thanks!

Also, if anyone wants to send an email to David Howe here is his address.
    [email protected] dot com. It would be nice to send him emails...he sounds like he's lonely over there!!

Awesome! and thanks everyone for the compliments

I am planning to make a page on the website about the email blitz, but I am hoping that someone else can post around about it & coordinate this effort.

Any takers? Heck, I can set up a schedule, if no one feels comfortable doing that. But I don't have the time to post up about it here and there, and maintain it daily.

Basically we pick a week or a day of the week for several weeks -- I'm thinking Fridays would be good, since that was the airday on syfy -- (why do I want to type in skyfy?!?) Anyhow, then set up a schedule and get people to post they will participate -- or they will email during a certain time slot --which I think is more effective. Or maybe even/odd days according to your age or year of birth or ..... Lots of possibilities

We also need someone to write a couple different versions of a short email note. Something simple. Something that goes with the current campaign -- like "I'm placing my order for Season 6 of Stargate Atlantis." followed by....

If I can get someone to do that, I already have a page set aside for this on the campaign website. So I can post it, and then also put a link to whatever forum(s) you choose to post up info, including either a poll or a pledge to participate. Actually, it would be easiest if there was something like if your screenname or real name starts with letters A - D, email this time or this day. If anyone does this, you can mail me an advanced copy and I'll proof read it if you'd like. I know I always like to have input like that -- actually I forgot to post that here -- but please email or PM and tell me if there are any problems at the campaign website -- which I just redid all the text and links for the new phase.

Anyhow, I better wrap this up. It sure was great that Howe told us he got the emails. Nothing like inadvertently giving aid to the opposition! We have to use this info to our advantage!!! Plus it's so much easier and cheaper is it to send an email. The tough part is remembering to send them.

Quote Originally Posted by SGAfan4life View Post
    Nevertheless, Howe says, “I haven't had an e-mail for two months despite the fact that my name is very prominent in chat rooms and on message boards. When we cancelled Stargate Atlantis, I had upward of 150 e-mails a day for six months. So the fact that I've had fewer than 20 e-mails in four months says to me that people really do understand why we're doing this.”
    I would like to send him some emails to show him how I feel.
    Someone, here, does he get his email because I have one but it doesn't work?
    If his box mail is blocked It would be a reason why he doesn't received any mails from those who would like to show him how we are happy and understanding toward him and their cancellation decision.
    Last edited by domdom; July 10th, 2009 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by domdom View Post
    I would like to send him some emails to show him how I feel.
    Someone, here, does he get his email because I have one but it doesn't work?
    If his box mail is blocked It would be a reason why he doesn't received any mails from those who would like to show him how we are happy and understanding toward him and their cancellation decision.
    I think the best way to get around that would be to start a new email account to send the email from, and also to not include tag words like Save or Campaign or Maybe even Atlantis (it the title) but maybe put stars or other symbols in between letters -- even spaces -- so it can't be picked up so easily by a filter. That is all I can think of to help with that. But it would seem if he got 150 a day, that a good number were not blocked. Also, so systems block hotmail or live accounts, I've noticed, (even hotmail does that to itself!) so maybe get an account that is not from a very well know free email service -- like hotmail or yahoo. But I don't know that is the problem. It may just be my account on that last point.

Also, so systems block hotmail or live accounts, I've noticed, (even hotmail does that to itself!) so maybe get an account that is not from a very well know free email service -- like hotmail or yahoo.
    Is there a "not very well known free email service" you can recommend? I only know of hotmail and yahoo ( and use hotmail ).

Yeah, I could've kept the question to PM but I thought other people reading the thread might want to know.

EDIT: Also, do filters only filter out mails with certain words in the title, or do they somehow scan the body of the message too? Sorry to sound clueless, but I've never tried to send mail to somebody who didn't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinah View Post
    Is there a "not very well known free email service" you can recommend? I only know of hotmail and yahoo ( and use hotmail ).

Yeah, I could've kept the question to PM but I thought other people reading the thread might want to know.

EDIT: Also, do filters only filter out mails with certain words in the title, or do they somehow scan the body of the message too? Sorry to sound clueless, but I've never tried to send mail to somebody who didn't want it.
    I think that email filters can scan the entire email. (The reason I say this is if you search your own email for a particular subject or person -- you will get emails in that search with everything from sender to title to content.)

Howe may not use some words as filters, because some work related emails must come to that address too. Or maybe they actually want to know how many emails they get. But some places (like MGM) clearly have filtered emails about Atlantis. Anyhow, I did a little research, and found all sorts of things about how email filters qualify an email as spam -- http://www.wilsonweb.com/wmt8/spamfilter_avoidance.htm
    is one article. Pretty much what I've found on the subject is a few years old though.

AS far as an email account, I don't know what to suggest. Does anyone have some ideas?

Well, we have a few weeks to figure it out Postcards, flyers, maybe bookmarks too are my first priority until Comicon is done.

I would like the photos of the postcards up -- are the adm. just going to take them down again? There are all sorts of banners.

I feel it's important for people to be able to see the postcards -- and not have to click to go here or there.

I'm the leader of this campaign -- I only want them posted here once. I feel they need to be up. Need the postcard pics to grab attention -- otherwise people don't see the new info -- and they miss what is going on.

I mean, the first post of this thread is not even about the campaign -- but about the forum rules -- it hurts the campaign, when people look and for the whole first computer screen, it has nothing to do with the details of campaign.

I do understand why it happened, but I tried during phase one to start a thread devoted to the campaign -- only the campaign -- and another adm tore that down -- and right before the campaign started. I can tell you I was pretty unhappy about that. It made no sense to me, since clearly the other thread was not about campaign details, but about being frustrated with the cancellation and TPTB. You can imagine my frustration at being buried over 3,000 posts deep, when that was news that fans should have been able to read on the first post of the campaign thread -- and if I had the first post on this thread, I could edit it when needed. And know that fans/members could get the info without having to read through many many pages. But since I don't have that -- and unless you can change that -- the pic of the postcard is pretty important.

I have lots and lots to do. I don't need more work to get just two photos up. But I will if I have to. But I guess I will just ask -- please help me out, and put them back.

Awesome! and thanks everyone for the compliments

I am planning to make a page on the website about the email blitz, but I am hoping that someone else can post around about it & coordinate this effort.

Any takers? Heck, I can set up a schedule, if no one feels comfortable doing that. But I don't have the time to post up about it here and there, and maintain it daily.

Basically we pick a week or a day of the week for several weeks -- I'm thinking Fridays would be good, since that was the airday on syfy -- (why do I want to type in skyfy?!?) Anyhow, then set up a schedule and get people to post they will participate -- or they will email during a certain time slot --which I think is more effective. Or maybe even/odd days according to your age or year of birth or ..... Lots of possibilities

We also need someone to write a couple different versions of a short email note. Something simple. Something that goes with the current campaign -- like "I'm placing my order for Season 6 of Stargate Atlantis." followed by....

If I can get someone to do that, I already have a page set aside for this on the campaign website. So I can post it, and then also put a link to whatever forum(s) you choose to post up info, including either a poll or a pledge to participate. Actually, it would be easiest if there was something like if your screenname or real name starts with letters A - D, email this time or this day. If anyone does this, you can mail me an advanced copy and I'll proof read it if you'd like. I know I always like to have input like that -- actually I forgot to post that here -- but please email or PM and tell me if there are any problems at the campaign website -- which I just redid all the text and links for the new phase.

Anyhow, I better wrap this up. It sure was great that Howe told us he got the emails. Nothing like inadvertently giving aid to the opposition! We have to use this info to our advantage!!! Plus it's so much easier and cheaper is it to send an email. The tough part is remembering to send them.

Hi ive just set up a thread on scifi.uk as there was not much on there at all regarding the cancellation with links to the save atlantis website and showing the postcards etc.

im hoping that will generate some more emails etc to Mr Howe aswell.

i will update it with any new news we get and try keeping it front & centre.

Does anyone have the link to that essay that was done a short while ago about the cancellation? it had all the links to various interviews including the Brad Wright one. I believe it was on LJ but cant remember who it was and have lost the link I had. As ive been asked about that information and would like to post a link to it on the site as it is allowed over there from what i can gather!

Hope thats all OK I cant commit to other sites but hope this will help the campaign.

banner by Pandoras-box

I would like the photos of the postcards up -- are the adm. just going to take them down again? There are all sorts of banners.
    Hi SGAfan4life...the photos were replaced with url links because they were too large and streching the thread.

You have to put very large pictures under the spoiler tag. I don't remember exactly the size that is allowed to show on the thread, let's see if these pictures are ok, these are 4x6 sizes.

Edit:Just found the rules for posting pictures: They cannot be larger than the forum boundaries, 300x400 is a good size. They cannot be larger than 75K.
    So the postcards are too big, I have to put them behind spoilers.

This is the front of the 4x6 postcard...

Spoiler:

and this the back of the 4x6 postcard...

Spoiler:

Hope this helps!! If you want to post any pictures here, let me know and I will post them for you!

I will sending out another batch of postcards of Tues. I will be away from home for a few days, but I will send out from the hotel.
    Last edited by ed263; July 12th, 2009 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stclare View Post
    Hi ive just set up a thread on scifi.uk as there was not much on there at all regarding the cancellation with links to the save atlantis website and showing the postcards etc.
    Wow...way to go Stclare!

Does anyone have the link to that essay that was done a short while ago about the cancellation? it had all the links to various interviews including the Brad Wright one. I believe it was on LJ but cant remember who it was and have lost the link I had. As ive been asked about that information and would like to post a link to it on the site as it is allowed over there from what i can gather!
    Was this a personal letter that a fan wrote to TPTB about how upset she was about SGA's cancellation? If is here is the link to the LJ site,
    Fight for SGA LJ site, letter that laura_trekkie wrote

If that's not the one, let me know I will try to rack my brain trying to remember which one it is!!

Quote Originally Posted by ed263 View Post
    Wow...way to go Stclare!

Was this a personal letter that a fan wrote to TPTB about how upset she was about SGA's cancellation? If is here is the link to the LJ site,
    Fight for SGA LJ site, letter that laura_trekkie wrote

If that's not the one, let me know I will try to rack my brain trying to remember which one it is!!
    No sorry this isnt the one. the one im looking for was like a dissertation piece, it had all the relevant quotes from TPTB and D howe and had the links to all at the bottom of the page so that you could go back and read the full interviews etc.

banner by Pandoras-box

Hi
    Try one of these links because the article moved
    http://community.livejournal.com/swirlygate/6359.html
    http://community.livejournal.com/swi...swirlygate6765
    I think it's the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by domdom View Post
    Hi
    Try one of these links because the article moved
    http://community.livejournal.com/swirlygate/6359.html
    http://community.livejournal.com/swi...swirlygate6765
    I think it's the second one.
    Thats it thanks DomDom!

banner by Pandoras-box

Thanks Ed263 and Thanks Stclare! I appreciate it.

Here is most of the newsletter sent out today with all the latest on the campaign:

July 13, 2009
    Save SGA/Save Atlantis Newsletter

Phase two just started this last Friday, July 10th and will go through the end of August. Sorry about being a little late getting this newsletter out. But not to worry, there is plenty of time allotted to this phase of the campaign, plus, I am hoping that with the upcoming San Diego Comcion, we will gain some new support, and gain more momentum as this part of the campaign kicks off. Comicon start July 23rd and goes through July 26th. Materials will be at a few tables -- including the Jericho fan booth. They have been very kind to allow us to put our materials out at their booth.

One idea is to throw a SGA party, and having friends bring postcards already printed, or you print them, and have a contest as to who can fill the most out or who can bring the most to the party, and have a prize or prizes for most completed, and a raffle for anyone that participates. Please don't use the money you would have spent on that to help cover these costs. But if you have extra that you want to or can contribute, then all the better!

SGAfan4life

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phase 2
    Phase two details are now up on the website.To see the revised website, go to http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign

The new postcards are now available.
    To see the new postcards, go to http://photobucket.com/Save_SGA_Campaign

Please mail in as many "orders" for season 6 as you can!

Look for an upcoming email update about an email blitz. It will happen after the San Diego Comicon, as the campaign will have the new postcards, flyers, and other campaign materials set out so we can get the word out about the campaign.

If you are attending the San Diego Comicon, and would be able to help, even for just a small bit of time, it would be really great. I know there is lots to do and see at Comicon, but the campaign could really use your help. If you are attending, I can use your help at getting some flyers posted up or put out around the convention center. It would require you print some flyers out and bring some tape.

T-shirts. If you attend any con, including Comicon, please consider making yourself a campaign T-shirt and wearing it -- and bringing some flyers or postcard to people that comment on your shirt. The only way that fans learn about us, if by each one of us doing whatever we can to get the word out there.

Materials.
    We will have campaign materials at Comicon, part of which will be professionally printed postcards, flyers, and hopefully some bookmarks too.

Joint venture with Kyle XY campaign. If you can, please sign the Kyle XY petition too. We are going to be working together to get campaign materials to Comicon in San Diego. Their website is at: http://www.savethetub.com/ and link to the petition is one their home page.

Jericho fan table. The postcards will be set out at the Jericho fan table. As a fan group, they have been really supportive and helpful to us, and I am very grateful for their help. If you are at Comicon, stop by and say thanks and pick up a postcard or two or more.

Last edited by SGAfan4life; July 15th, 2009 at 12:21 AM.