Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Stargate Atlantis Fan Events/Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by gatebuilders39 View Post
    *i dont understand vendors. what do i type in search engines. which state do you want me to search for.
    The vendors are the exhibitors or sellers.

As far as the 2009 Comi-con in San Diego, California, they said they'll post the exhibitors that will definitely be there, 2 weeks before it starts.
    It's just there will be so many and we'd still need to contact them and wait for a reply.
    Here's a list of the exhibitors that were there for the 2008 one:
    http://www.comic-con.org/cci2008/cci_exhib.php

Then there's the other cons like Shore Leave, Dragon*Con, etc. But I'm not quite sure which campaign members are definitely going to those.

wraithinme

im in uk. the postage wont be expensive.

im buying some flyers, the shop is offering 500 flyers for £40.00 pounds. thats the same price for 250 flyers . make sense to go for the 500.
    is 500 too much to send to a massive con.
    Hope not cause I'm in California...

500 is definitely not too many. Besides you could give some to various exhibitors that are willing to put some out on their booths for people to grab.

gatebuilders, are they going to have a season 6 order form on them?

Chief Master Sergeant SGAfan4life's Avatar

Hi!
    Don't start printing up flyers for Comicon yet. There will be a new one before Comicon. Comicon isn't until the end of July -- we have 2 months!

Where things stand right now, is the Jericho fans have agreed to let us put out our flyer/"order form" at their table. This is a fan table, just for them.

I have contacted Comicon about us getting a free table, but it may be too late. It isn't advertised that they do that for fan groups, and it's expensive to purchase table space. I've written them twice, with no reply yet. I'll call if I don't here back by Friday.

Again, there will be mock order forms ready before the DVD launch -- which is June 30th. That is when phase 2 will start -- around the time of DVD release. It makes sense because they will be looking at how SGA does in sales at that time, so we will use that to our advantage.

If you are really want to help before that time, the best thing you can do is get more people involved. Email/PM people on forums. Write them a quick note, inviting them to join the campaign. Send such notes to people that are new, or seem open to joining. Be sure to include links to the campaign website, ask them to be sure to click on the join us button, to become a campaign member, and please let them know about the forum. And be sure you let your friends know about it too.

Then, set aside a little money for postage and printing material costs -- which will be card stock paper (for postcards) or paper & envelopes, printer ink, and stamps.

The campaign will run through the end of August. So there will be plenty of time.

Again, please do NOT start printing the old flyers for Comicon, because there will be additional information on them.

If you have places to put flyers now, then use the old ones, but just know that in the next couple of weeks, there will be new or additional information.
    Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!
    Save Atlantis Campaign Website
    Campaign Materials (flyers, postcards, etc.,.)

And join the discussion here:
    NEW!! Save Atlantis Campaign Forum
    Gateworld.com Save SGA thread
    SciFi.com Save SGA thread

Also, if I can set up something with a printshop, we could have postcards made up, with our logo or message on the front, and orderform on the back. For 1000, it would be a little over $100. That doesn't include shipping though. But it's in San Diego, so maybe there is a pick-up option too.

Personally, I like this idea. It's more professional than flyers, and it's something that people can mail in -- super easy for people to particpate. Plus, if they wanted to, they could fill-in and leave the postcard in a box at Comicon, and we could mail them ourselves. Again, that increases our costs, but then it gets done! If you like this idea, please let us know. I'm inclined to think it's our best route with this. We could print up some smaller colored paper flyers with the website on them too, as a back-up, or if we run out of postcards.

Here's what specials they have on their website:

http://www.angelprint.com/san_diego_..._printing.aspx

#

On-Demand, Eco-friendly Postcards
    4 x 6 - Full color both sides (4/4)
    Printed on 111# Primavera Recycled Gloss Card
    1-2 day turnaround

4x6 Economy Postcards
    500 - $49
    #
    Postcard Printing Special #2

On-Demand, Eco-friendly Deluxe Postcards
    5.5 x 8.5 - Full color both sides (4/4)
    Printed on 111# Primavera Recycled Gloss Card
    1-2 day turnaround

5.5x8.5 Deluxe Postcards
    500 Postcards - $150

Just an idea, but for this, we would either need a paypal account for the campaign, or have something set up with that particular business. Can someone look into the cost of paypal and post it here? Thanks
    Are you a Stargate Atlantis fan who wants to save Stargate Atlantis? Join the campaign to save Atlantis!

Some encouraging news -- Jericho fans have a table at Comicon and have agreed to let us put out our campaign material. It is really wonderful of them to do so. I'm so glad we will for sure have a place to put our stuff out at Comicon!

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by WraithInMe View Post
    The vendors are the exhibitors or sellers.

As far as the 2009 Comi-con in San Diego, California, they said they'll post the exhibitors that will definitely be there, 2 weeks before it starts.
    It's just there will be so many and we'd still need to contact them and wait for a reply.
    Here's a list of the exhibitors that were there for the 2008 one:
    http://www.comic-con.org/cci2008/cci_exhib.php

Then there's the other cons like Shore Leave, Dragon*Con, etc. But I'm not quite sure which campaign members are definitely going to those.

Hope not cause I'm in California...

500 is definitely not too many. Besides you could give some to various exhibitors that are willing to put some out on their booths for people to grab.

gatebuilders, are they going to have a season 6 order form on them?
    i have the david hewlett flyers. i made a new flyer with the image of the City. i've iploaded it on photobucket.
    i dont have the forms yet.
    when are these forms ready to print.
    do you want the david hewlett flyers.
    Last edited by gatebuilders39; May 30th, 2009 at 07:11 PM.

gatebuilders, don't worry about it. Seems I'll be moving in about 2 weeks anyway.

SGAfan, PP accounts are free but without a bank account or CC added you'll be stuck with a sending limit. I've had mine for several years but I don't believe they changed that aspect.

i have the david hewlett flyers. i made a new flyer with the image of the City. i've iploaded it on photobucket.
    i dont have the forms yet.
    when are these forms ready to print.
    do you want the david hewlett flyers.
    I couldn't find the new pic or flyer you made on photobucket. Did you jsut post in recently? I have to approve it being posted up, but there is nothing like that on any of the three parts to the account.

I'm not sure yet what I will put on the new flyer, but it will still be cheaper to pool our money and then pay for the postcards/flyers in San Diego -- that way we won't be spend money on shipping.

Do you leftover flyers from the UK con?

Be sure to go over to the campaign forum and answer the polling question about what you think about an SGA movie(s) being made. We are fighting for a movie as much as we are for the show's return. Thanks
    http://forum.saveatlantis.com/index.php?showtopic=35

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by SGAfan4life View Post
    I couldn't find the new pic or flyer you made on photobucket. Did you jsut post in recently? I have to approve it being posted up, but there is nothing like that on any of the three parts to the account.

I'm not sure yet what I will put on the new flyer, but it will still be cheaper to pool our money and then pay for the postcards/flyers in San Diego -- that way we won't be spend money on shipping.

Do you leftover flyers from the UK con?
    i do have left over flyers.

when i type SGA campaign on photobucket, i get a few albums. i did upload it, but i dont know where, i thought i would have had an email from you to approved it.

I have found the right album. i upload it again.
    Last edited by gatebuilders39; June 2nd, 2009 at 05:47 PM.

It's approved now.

On another note, I have gotten some more info on the postcards. Here's the first estimate. I will be getting some samples in the mail, and then I'll go from their. I think we should aim high. Would like some input from you all on this too! I haven't set up a paypal account yet for the group. I'll look into more.

I'm hoping to have a box set their to collect the filled in postcards (our mock order forms.) So, we would need money not only to cover the cost of the actual printing, but also for postage, which is $0.27 now. It's still the cheapest way to do this.

Plus, I was also thinking that instead of flyers, we could have business cards with the website on them. I guess folks could take a postcard, since they are a pretty good price, but business cards are cheaper -- all we would need is to have to website and fourm on it, just in case anyone wants to have a reminder of the web address. Maybe I can find some really good rates on those, since we really don't need anything fancy.

Here's the estimate:
    Postcards: 4" x 6"
    Printed 4/4 (full color both sides) on 14pt. cover stock plus UV coating
    Turnaround 3 business days after proof approval

1000 - $134
    2500 - $218
    5000 - $232

Also, I'm thinking we will just have them shipped -- that will only add about $8 -$12, so it's worth it.

Chief Master Sergeant

what do you think of the flyer. I've made a new one with orange text.

the only paypal account we can have is a donation account.
    Last edited by gatebuilders39; June 3rd, 2009 at 05:02 PM.

Chief Master Sergeant

for SGAfan4life

here is some info about paypal donation account

How does PayPal approve charities and non-profit organisations?

Question :
    Answer :
    If you are collecting donations as a charity or non-profit organisation, you are required to authenticate the status of your account. You can inquire about approval by submitting contact information, business URL, and a brief business summary to [email protected]. As part of our authentication process, PayPal may later request that you provide proof of your tax-exempt status or registration under the applicable country-specific regulatory body or laws, and to conduct due diligence.

If you have a registered US 501(c) 3 organisation, you may receive reduced charity fees. Methods of collecting donations that are not associated with a charity or non-profit organisation are not subject to these requirements. However, all donation transactions are subject to review and must comply with all Acceptable Use Policies.

I think I will email them about it. It's not like we are trying to raise tons of money, but I want to be sure I know the rules before doing this this way. I do not want to have to file all sorts of new tax forms for a couple hundred dollars, esp. since I'm just wanting to get money to cover costs of items that we will purchase. I'll look into it tomrrow when I get a chance. Maybe they have a phone number so I can ask someone about it.
    THanks for the info gatebuilder!!!

Probie

-hey,i'm in the u.k to i just wanted to ask about the stargate atlANTIS FILM,COS I read it was ment to be realese this janary,but :s
    can anyone tell me whats going o,and if the film has been completed,where can i get it
    yours,sishelley

Hi sirshelley,
    The film has not been made yet. In fact, the actors have not been signed to make the movie yet either. At best, we are hoping that it will be filmed summer of '10. The SG-1 film is in the works, and will be completed first. Also, in some interviews, it has been indicated that the success of SGU may play a part in any SGA movie being made. Hence, the campaign to save SGA -- both as a TV show, but also in the form of movies for several years to come! Hope you will sign up with the campaign, and join the fight to save SGA. Phase 2 of the campaign will start soon, and will consist of mailing in mock order forms for Season 6, but I am thinking that maybe I will include orders for the movies as well. I am planning on ordering professionally made postcards to bring to Comicon for this, but the same forms will be available to print for free too. I'll post it here and on the website (see link below) when I have it completed. Glad to meet another SGA fan! Welcome!

Chief Master Sergeant

I went to uk con where Rachel Luttrell and Ben Bowder came. she said the movie is set to shoot in november, i said its spectaculation, she agreed with that. she wasn't happy with the finale, she said, it didn't turn out as it should have.
    i took 100 flyers this time, they were all taken, i know its not much, because last time i took 250, but many people didnt take much, so it was enough. i still have 100 flyers left.
    i can send flyers to cons without me attending.
    i wanted to make new flyer because david hewlett flyer is a bit dark for people to see them. i didnt make new one, i thought i use the current instead, i did make 2 postcard with pic of city, people took it. i printed them with my printer,couldnt make a lot, i didnt have time to print more.
    have you made the mock forums yet. is it worth taking some mock forms to uk cons. or its better to stick with ComicCon.

Definitely worth taking some postcards. One of our members has offered to help design one, with a background in graphic arts. She will be able to help us starting this Thursday.
    I originally thought we could/should start the campaign with the start of what should have been season 6, then I thought the DVD release date. It will depend on time as to which one is chosen -- one would be June 30, the other July 11-16 (which is when seaon 1-4 started.) It is likely, for more than one reason, that the second date will be better. I have a few too many things on my plate right this week, and next, but am trying my best. I have the website, the postcard, setting up an account for donations -- there will be two places to donate -- one for the postcards campaign and phase two, and another for the saveatlantis forum. The monies will go to cover separate things. I will set up the one for phase two (it will cover the cost of making the postcards professionally and maybe the cost of business cards and even stamps -- it will not go to pay for the website, which I have kept at a free service, nor will it cover photobucket, which is also free.) And wraithinme has set up the forum's donation link, since it costs to run the forum where she set it up. If there is any money left over, I will give it to the running of the forum, &/or purchasing more postcard or flyers. But that is a bit down the road.

If we don't get enough, we could just open a new forum, but we will lose the domain -- at least that is what I think.

Also, some folks from teh Kyle XY campaign have contacted me, and want to join forces.
    I think it's a great idea. It is also likely that both shows share fans. Anyhow, I'll post more on this, but I am hoping we can help them, and they will help us.

Here is what I posted on sci-fi and saveatlantis forums about this

IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT!

Hi everyone,
    Here is the latest:

Members of the save Kyle XY campaign have contacted me, and have requested that we help them, and that they help us. There are some very obvious advantages to this. Combining our strength may give us both a need boost that may make a big difference.

I really hope that you will all help out this way by mailing in letters to Save Kyle XY and also signing their petition. Also, please help spread the word about this, by posting it up, and adding it to your signature, and emailing your friends about it. I have a lot of work to do on campaign stuff, including trying to get a postcard designed and professionally printed before Comicon, July 23 -26.

The Kyle XY campaign starts June 26th. Ours will start about a week or two later, but with a heavy emphasis on mailing near the end of July, to coincide with comicon.

Please check out their site, and help get involved with saving both shows!

http://www.savethetub.com/KyleXYCommunity.html

Quote Originally Posted by SGAfan4life View Post
    Definitely worth taking some postcards. One of our members has offered to help design one, with a background in graphic arts. She will be able to help us starting this Thursday.
    I originally thought we could/should start the campaign with the start of what should have been season 6, then I thought the DVD release date. It will depend on time as to which one is chosen -- one would be June 30, the other July 11-16 (which is when seaon 1-4 started.) It is likely, for more than one reason, that the second date will be better. I have a few too many things on my plate right this week, and next, but am trying my best. I have the website, the postcard, setting up an account for donations -- there will be two places to donate -- one for the postcards campaign and phase two, and another for the saveatlantis forum. The monies will go to cover separate things. I will set up the one for phase two (it will cover the cost of making the postcards professionally and maybe the cost of business cards and even stamps -- it will not go to pay for the website, which I have kept at a free service, nor will it cover photobucket, which is also free.) And wraithinme has set up the forum's donation link, since it costs to run the forum where she set it up. If there is any money left over, I will give it to the running of the forum, &/or purchasing more postcard or flyers. But that is a bit down the road.

If we don't get enough, we could just open a new forum, but we will lose the domain -- at least that is what I think.

Also, some folks from teh Kyle XY campaign have contacted me, and want to join forces.
    I think it's a great idea. It is also likely that both shows share fans. Anyhow, I'll post more on this, but I am hoping we can help them, and they will help us.

Here is what I posted on sci-fi and saveatlantis forums about this

IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT!

Hi everyone,
    Here is the latest:

Members of the save Kyle XY campaign have contacted me, and have requested that we help them, and that they help us. There are some very obvious advantages to this. Combining our strength may give us both a need boost that may make a big difference.

I really hope that you will all help out this way by mailing in letters to Save Kyle XY and also signing their petition. Also, please help spread the word about this, by posting it up, and adding it to your signature, and emailing your friends about it. I have a lot of work to do on campaign stuff, including trying to get a postcard designed and professionally printed before Comicon, July 23 -26.

The Kyle XY campaign starts June 26th. Ours will start about a week or two later, but with a heavy emphasis on mailing near the end of July, to coincide with comicon.

Please check out their site, and help get involved with saving both shows!

http://www.savethetub.com/KyleXYCommunity.html
    that sounds realy good im more than happy to send postcards and pre-order forms in, as being in the UK the next con for Atlantis is not until jan/feb time. I would be happy to hand stuff out there even if its just encouragment for the movie as i doubt it will e much further on by then.

banner by Pandoras-box

I picked up a flyer at collectormania with Rodney McKay on it.Saying Save me. lol
    Was that yours Gatebuilder?

You have my support and so does Atlantis.
    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Yep, gatebuilder printed and brought them, I created them
    Glad you know about us now!

You can make your own T-shirt out of one (buy iron-on decal paper to use with your printer) or have one made for you at photobucket.

http://photobucket.com/Save_SGA_Campaign

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/o...Hfinalcopy.jpg
    Last edited by TameFarrar; June 24th, 2009 at 08:37 PM.