Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS
    01.07 - Much Ado About Boimler

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Still forcing myself to continue with "Deep Space Nine". I've never watched this entire series, 'cause the premise didn't appeal to me all that much. Currently early in S6, and it has not endeared itself to me yet.
      I always thought the Dominion War arc was when it got interesting....although I've also always thought that the Trekverse could do with a little hard-hitting slightly dark storyline just to show that not everything is rosy even in the 24th century

and Sisko being a bada-- was always fun to watch

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
        I always thought the Dominion War arc was when it got interesting....although I've also always thought that the Trekverse could do with a little hard-hitting slightly dark storyline just to show that not everything is rosy even in the 24th century

and Sisko being a bada-- was always fun to watch
        I did finish DS9. And it still sits at the bottom of the pile of the entries in the franchise that I have watched. (I haven't watched anything on the CBS pay service)
        It just didn't appeal to me.
        But there were some positive aspects, such as the Bajoran religious beliefs had their origins in verifiable fact, making it much more difficult for the overall atheistic views of starfleet as a whole to dismiss.

And I got a kick out of Jazdia Dax; she was such a flirt, and had a lot of fun being one.

But there were far more things that I felt were negative or unneeded aspects. Such as Quark & the overall presentation of the Ferengi, whom I found irritating after a while. Like watching a how about cockroaches. And the bit about Nog losing his leg in combat mission was just so over the top designed to elicit sympathy and to point out the cost of war that it was hard to accept.

Gul Dukat kept coming back, just like a bad penny. What did they have to do to get rid of him?

And the dark underbelly aspect kind of ruined the fiction that by that time, we had managed to solve most of our problems, which while I know was not reasonable, was a nice fiction to maintain in the trek universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          I did finish DS9. And it still sits at the bottom of the pile of the entries in the franchise that I have watched. (I haven't watched anything on the CBS pay service)
          It just didn't appeal to me.
          But there were some positive aspects, such as the Bajoran religious beliefs had their origins in verifiable fact, making it much more difficult for the overall atheistic views of starfleet as a whole to dismiss.

And I got a kick out of Jazdia Dax; she was such a flirt, and had a lot of fun being one.

But there were far more things that I felt were negative or unneeded aspects. Such as Quark & the overall presentation of the Ferengi, whom I found irritating after a while. Like watching a how about cockroaches. And the bit about Nog losing his leg in combat mission was just so over the top designed to elicit sympathy and to point out the cost of war that it was hard to accept.

Gul Dukat kept coming back, just like a bad penny. What did they have to do to get rid of him?

And the dark underbelly aspect kind of ruined the fiction that by that time, we had managed to solve most of our problems, which while I know was not reasonable, was a nice fiction to maintain in the trek universe.
          I prefer a touch of realism I guess *shrug*....probably why other sci-fi series having to do with a "dark underbelly" to the "good guys" also appealed to me, like "Space, Above and Beyond" and "Babylon 5"...I like how Weyoun shocked both Dukat and Sisko by knowingly drinking poison though

Comment

01.08 - Veritas

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

01.09 - Crisis Point

Comment

Star Trek (OS, w/ remastered effects)
                "Balance of Terror"
                "Miri"
                sigpic
                "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

01.10 - No Small Parts

Comment

Star Trek
                    "The Devil in the Dark"
                    sigpic
                    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

STAR TREK (THE ANIMATED SERIES)
                      04.01 - Beyond the Farthest Star

Comment

Star Trek
                        "The Naked Time"
                        sigpic

My Books:

Comment

04.02 - Yesteryear

Comment

04.03 - One of Our Planets Is Missing

Comment

04.04 - The Lorelei Signal

Comment

Star Trek
                                "I, Mudd"
                                sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Working...
                                X