Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

This thread is for people to discuss the potential Stargate Atlantis movie, Extinction.

Guesses and speculation about the plot and casting is welcome.

What is NOT, I repeat NOT on topic for this thread is:

Whinging about TPTB
    Berating the past
    Belittling the past
    Dissing anyone that doesn't share your point of view

The ONLY part of Atlantis' or Stargate's past that is on topic in this thread is potential plot points from the past. If you have issues with TPTB's decisions in the past, keep them out of the thread.

If you have issues with fans that have issues, keep it out of this thread.

Posters are welcome to express plot points they hope they won't see. Just as fans are welcome to express plot points they hope they will see.

What is not welcome in the thread is harassing, belittling, mocking or generally being gits towards each other. Someone's opinion annoys you, learn to deal with and accept it or employ the ignore feature.

If the mods feel that a poster is not behaving appropriately, they'll be modded.

Debate the topic and not each other, or don't post.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Hopefully this movie will see the extinction of the Mckeller storyline. That is one plot point that I never want to see revisited.

What I want to see are the evil asgard.... they were a very underused plot point.

Comment

Yes the "Evil Asgard" were very under-used, and just sort of thrown in. So it would be nice to see them again, this soon.
      Another one would be about the aliens we ran into in Deadlaus Varriations(Spell that wrong...sorry )
      So yep...both things would be nice to be seen.......But it may be something all new......Who knows?

Comment

I'm still putting money on the Wraith. I know JM said the movie doesn't focus on them, but we don't know what he means by "focus". For all we know, he thinks The Siege isn't focused on them because it's about the Expedition fighting them, vs. The Queen, which is a focus on the Wraith for obvious reasons.

And I'm just biased because of my pet idea on what I want the movie to be.

Comment

I thought of the Wraith as well....but then I thought again.
          I really am not sure that JM and TPTB would not take out an entire species like the Wraith, who have been enemies for years, out in a single movie. Sure it may not be like that at all...but what do I know?
          I just don't see it happening...but who knows. If something is with the Wraith, if they try and kill them all in the movie...I'd be very upset....

Comment

i really hope its something to do with the asgard

"gotta love those guys"
            Captain Simms

Comment

I love people's points of The Lost Tribe, either that or a potential extinction of the Humans of PG since our guys haven't been around to make a stand against the Wraith with Atlantis being on Earth and the lack of Human numbers left over in the galaxy.

Extinction is such a cool title IMO I hope they keep it.
              Does a working title mean they'll keep it?

BTW cheers for creating this thread Sky.

Comment

No, but there is the possibility of that.

I.e. Stargate Universe was the working title for...Stargate Universe. Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  No, but there is the possibility of that.

I.e. Stargate Universe was the working title for...Stargate Universe. Yeah.
                  Cheers for answering my question dude.

Can I give you green?
                  Yes I can.

Comment

I hope the plot doesn't revolve around whether or not Atlantis should go back to Pegasus. If the enemy is not the Wraith, nor the rogue Asgard, who is it? And, since JoeM said the action will involve hand-to-hand combat, who will it be?

Well, the title itself is interesting. Sounds big. But the extinction of whom?
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Maybe a load of Michael's goons are still out there...

Comment

Originally posted by captain simms View Post
                        i really hope its something to do with the asgard

"gotta love those guys"
                        sigpic

Comment

The title doesn't sit right with me, I can't put my finger on why I don't like it though

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                          I hope the plot doesn't revolve around whether or not Atlantis should go back to Pegasus. If the enemy is not the Wraith, nor the rogue Asgard, who is it? And, since JoeM said the action will involve hand-to-hand combat, who will it be?
                          That though^ is awesome news My hopes are on Teyla and Shep (not with each other That fighting is reserved for sticks ) but it'll probably be Ronon
                          What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Maybe a load of Michael's goons are still out there...
                            S5 spoiler
                            Spoiler:
                            But did he leave enough to really do a lot of damage after his cruiser was destroyed?

There are actually a lot of possibilities. Here are a few:

1. The title is a red herring.
                            2. The Asgaard lost tribe is going bye-bye. they either have a sudden massive guilt trip for killing so many humans they off (top) themselves, or there are so few left they all die in a kamikaze raid on Atlantis or in attacking Earth (they have really souped up ships, ya know ).
                            3. Someone finds a way to kill all the Wraith - if this is accomplished in one movie, there's going to be some fancy dancing going on. I'd also miss Todd. He's so much fun!
                            4. The Asgaard lost tribe is going to try to exterminate all of the humans in the Pegasus Galaxy, possibly in retaliation of the interference with the Attero device.
                            5. The Asgaard lost tribe intends to exterminate all life that could threaten them in the Pegasus Galaxy. After isolation and cloning gone wrong for all these years, they're a little lacking in rationality.
                            6. Some other Wraith find a bunch of ZPMs, super-duper a few Hives and try to make the trek to the Milky Way, so all humans there are in dire straits. Lots of really fancy dancing for this one!
                            7. The Genii are up to no good.
                            8. Another bada$$ race suddenly pops up and goes on the rampage.

I could have gotten really snarky on one or three of these, but there are rules!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                              S5 spoiler
                              Spoiler:
                              But did he leave enough to really do a lot of damage after his cruiser was destroyed?
                              Spoiler:
                              If the writers want him to have done then he did.

Comment

Working...
                              X