Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
    More Whiskey, less Echo.
    Er... Why do some people keep forgetting that Eliza Dushku is one of the producers of the show, and that the basis was developed by her and Joss?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
      Er... Why do some people keep forgetting that Eliza Dushku is one of the producers of the show, and that the basis was developed by her and Joss?
      I haven't forgotten. I merely find the Whiskey character more interesting than the Echo character. Just as I found Angelus way more interesting than Buffy/Angel.
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
        I haven't forgotten. I merely find the Whiskey character more interesting than the Echo character. Just as I found Angelus way more interesting than Buffy/Angel.
        So you are practically asking her not to participate in her own show just because you don't like her. Am I right?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
          So you are practically asking her not to participate in her own show just because you don't like her. Am I right?
          You're incorrect. I like the actress, they just need to make her character more interesting so I'd rather see her than a different character.

If I think a secundary character, like Whiskey, is more interesting then it's my PERSONAL preference. It has absolutely nothing to do with who participates, it merely means they've made, in my mind, that character more interesting than the main character.

Had they focussed a bit more on Caroline or on Echo's self-awareness it might've turned out the other way. My interest in Whiskey only started the last two eps when she was fleshed out a lot.

At this point in the series even Adelle, Alpha and Topher are more interesting than Echo. Only the final words spoken by Echo in the finale were kinda interesting.
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Question: With Sarah Connor Chronicles canceled, please tell me there is a possibility of Summer Glau making an appearance on Dollhouse! --Jenn

Ausiello: The noise you're about to hear is the sound of the Whedonverse exploding. Joss confirms to me exclusively that, well, he's one step ahead of you. "If anybody thinks [bringing Summer onto Dollhouse] hasn't occurred to me already then they have not met me," he says. "I mentioned it to her before [SCC] was canceled. I was like, 'You know, we should get you in the 'house.' But first we have to come up with something that works." And casting her as a doll would not work, insists Whedon. "Summer would be perfect to play an active, but she's done that [type of role] a lot," he says. "I'd rather see her play someone who talks too much. The most fun I have is when I get somebody who's good and comfortable at doing something, and then I make them do something else. Summer said to me, 'I would like to play a normal girl before I die of extreme old age.'" Got any ideas? Head to the comments section!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/...siello--3.html

Comment

Bringing Summer Glau on to the show would not be a good idea. It would shift the focus of the show too much. All her fans will want Joss to expand her role on the show. Joss would probably want to do that too.

Also, has anyone ever played the game "Planescape: Torment?" This show can learn a lot from that game.

Comment

Dollhouse: Find Out How Echo and Paul Get Closer Next Season...

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch..._paul_get.html

Comment

Here's a US link for the video above.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc..._paul_get.html
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

i loved season 1 and i'm hoping for more character development and expansion of the story

and hoping fox doesn't pull the rug out mid way

Comment

If the cast of Dollhouse is going to stay intact, does that mean Miracle Laurie will be back, too? Mellie/November is my favorite character. — Katy

MATT: You and I are likethis when it comes to Mellie. Alas, we should both prepare for heartbreak. Though the Dollhouse scribes don't return to their Smith Coronas until next week, an insider tells me that since Paul negotiated Mellie's freedom from the Dollhouse in the Season 1 finale, "It would seem that Miracle's storyline has come to a close."
                      http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...U-1006743.aspx

Comment

Joss Whedon: Who will return, and who might not, to the Dollhouse

Dollhouse creator Joss Whedon told EW.com that he is two weeks into breaking stories for the Fox sci-fi series' second season, having wrapped his top-secret horror film The Cabin in the Woods on May 29.

With one season under their belt, Whedon and his writers "understand what works, and what didn't work so well, or what we weren't so thrilled about," he told the site. "We don't have the onus of trying to be a big hit sitting on our shoulders. We can just be ourselves. And so the stories we're breaking are pure, and exciting, and everybody's on board in the room, and it's never flowed better."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/joss-wh...-will-retu.php

Comment

FOX Fall Premiere Dates

Friday, Sept. 18 9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT DOLLHOUSE (Season Premiere)
                          http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...ere-dates.html

Comment

I was suprised at how much I liked it! Originally thought it may be a bit Alibi-ish but I ended up looking forward to watching it each week!

My hopes..... that they have several series at least, I want more!!!

My Fear...... that someone decides to pull the plug and we never see it again.... don't want it to end up like Firefly
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michellec24_7 View Post
                              I was suprised at how much I liked it! Originally thought it may be a bit Alibi-ish but I ended up looking forward to watching it each week!
                              I agree. I forget what made me watch the first episode of it, but I did and it really intrigued me. There were a few episodes near the beginning where I was like "is this going anywhere?", and then I felt the season finale ended on a very good note. I'm very thrilled to see the show has been renewed, and hopefully they don't have to worry about that at the end of next season.
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

I started watching it cause I was running out of things to watch without SGA.... very glad I did too!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X