Season 2 Hopes/Fears/Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 2 Hopes/Fears/Predictions

With the recent news of the renwal (check the Will dollhouse get a second season? thread) for details on the renewal.

This thread is to discusses your hopes, fears and predicitons for the shows 2the season.

Some possible thought/questions:-
    How will the rummered buget cuts effect the shows quality?
    Will Alpha be more of a continued pressence/threat?
    How have the events of the season 1 finale effected Echo and her "evolution"?
    Should dollhouse stay on friday nights or be given a the chance on another night?

I think that Dollhouse will follow Fringe in the fact the episode times will be reduced from 50min to 42min for next season. Speaking of Fringe, how about pairing Dollhouse and Fringe together?

Comment

It be risky putting Fringe and Dollhouse together on Friday night might make that night more successful. And I doubt they will be put together on any other night.

Less Eliza Dushku, the other dolls seem more interesting than her character and plus she probably one of the more expensive actress on the show. Cutting her appearance down will help decrease the budget.

More Alpha and him cutting faces.
      Another dollhouse shown on screen, perhaps there headquarters.
      Bigger plots,
      No Fox intereference in any of the episodes, send them vocation while it filming on something.
      More Dichen Lachman in leather
      more female dolls.
      Last edited by knowles2; 17 May 2009, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        Less Eliza Dushku, the other dolls seem more interesting than her character and plus she probably one of the more expensive actress on the show. Cutting her appearance down will help decrease the budget.
        Now that's interesting. I don't know what the show producers will say about it...
        sigpic

Comment

Dollhouse to stay on fridays at 9pm. But listed for fall & mid season.
          http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/18...nnounced/18882
          Last edited by Madwelshboy; 18 May 2009, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Whedon: 'Budget won't affect Dollhouse'

Joss Whedon has insisted that the budget cuts at Fox will not affect the second season of Dollhouse.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Whedon claimed that the low budget for the recently renewed show will give the cast and crew a "nice energy".

"As a producer I’ve never had enough money to put my shows on and I make them look as good as they could be," he said. "So it doesn’t frighten me. It will give us a nice energy."

Looking back on the first season, the show's creator said: "The last few episodes we got to play 'the man behind the curtain' a lot. We did less of, 'And this week, she’s a neurosurgeon!', which we’ll still do to an extent, it’s part of the fun. But we got into what makes the place tick, what makes it wrong."

Talking about the what might happen in the second season, Whedon added: "The flash-forward in the 13th episode [of the first season] took place long after where we are right now. So we can be moving toward some of those events which are unexplained."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...dollhouse.html

Comment

Dushku thanks fans for 'Dollhouse' renewal

Eliza Dushku has thanked Dollhouse fans for the show's recent renewal by Fox.

Speaking to TV Guide, Dushku, who plays Echo in the Joss Whedon sci-fi drama, said that she was "so grateful" for the support from fans.

Asked if she thought Joss Whedon had a loyal fanbase, Dushku said: "The fans, the fans, the fans, absolutely!

"We are so grateful and just bowled over by the support and the love and the loyalty. We are so excited to do the second season because it took us until

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...e-renewal.html

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                Won't happen since she is one of the show producers.

How to cut the budget. Very simple. Cut the number of actors per episode, let certain characters appear only in a number of episodes (Sierra seldom had a real function, DeWitt doesn't need to be in every single episode either, Victor is probably a goner or will become the new doctor which means Amy Acker is also gone), as suggested above - cut the runtime from 50 minutes to 42.

Joss will find a way. He didn't have a lot of cash to go round when he started off with Buffy nor did he have a big budget for Doc Horrible. A solid plot easily beats any fancy FX.

What I would like to see:
                - Ballard becoming Echoes new handler
                - more background on Topher
                - episodes which focuses more on Whiskey and her doctor persona becoming lethal
                - more Alpha
                -less Sierra unless she will finally get an episode in which she is actually interesting and not just eyecandy
                - more guest stars from the Whedonverse family (I am all for James Masters, Anthony Head, Natha Fillion, Summer Glau ...you get it)
                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Season 2 Hope

people will give the series a chance and stop bashing it
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    Season 2 Hope

Weren't you just bashing it the other night?
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      Season 2 Hope

That is a other problem that is got to overcome, people just love to bash the show. Ever since it was announce by Joss.

Also I notice next season that it has got zero support in tv shows, comedies will rarely attract scifi fans. There no intensive to stay in for the night for an hour for scifi. Plus it could be up against sanctuary and SGU.

I think Dollhouse will unfortuantly die during next season probably before Christmas.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 20 May 2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Weren't you just bashing it the other night?
                        no show deserves to be bashed left and right just because it's there.

the eps i've seen haven;'t interested me but being a LONG time fan of joss i know it takes him a couple seasons to get going.

the other night i was upset about terminator being canceled thats why i was upset
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Question: Since Amy Acker's show Happy Town has been picked up, what does that mean for Dr. Saunders on Dollhouse? Is she headed for the attic? --Mike W.

Ausiello: Not if puppetmaster Joss Whedon has anything to say about it. He tells me he'll be "sending [Happy producers] chocolate and flowers," he laughs. "We're desperate to have her." As such, he is disinclined to put another doctor in the d'house. Only if "we find out that we're not going to use her for the bulk of the season" would he do that, he says. "[But] everyone is not going to be in every episode, so it's perfectly possible that there will just be stories that don't involve Dr. Saunders."

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/...siello--2.html

Comment

More Whiskey, less Echo.
                            More Topher, less Ballard.
                            More dollhouses, less boring assignments.
                            More Alpha.
                            Signed,

Gregorius
                            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Fall TV: Which sci-fi/fantasy series will win, lose, draw?

Dollhouse: Picking up Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, with its bargain-basement ratings, was a big shocker for everyone. Remember this moment, boys and girls. It's the point where DVR ratings and Internet downloads became a major factor in television programming. Like Chuck, the mere fact that Dollhouse lives makes it a WINNER. While Dollhouse won't be overwhelmed by its competition—ABC's Ugly Betty and CBS' Medium—the bigger problem is that the series hasn't been able to build its audience. And its comedy lead-ins—Brothers and 'Til Death—don't look like they will be of much help. Unfortunately, we're calling Dollhouse a LOSER.
                              http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/fall-tv...fanta.php#more

Comment

Working...
                              X