Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will anyone miss him? (spoilers S5 finale /Season 6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will anyone miss him? (spoilers S5 finale /Season 6)

assuming everyone has seen the 5th season final of lost, we find out towards the end that the real locke has been dead all season.

I don't know about anyone else, but I found his character to be the best one on the show. His storyline was great, the way he acted among the rest of the 815'ers was awesome. I really grew into his character over the few years this show has been on.

When we found that he was not really alive, I actually felt a little sad for locke too. He's never had anything good happen to him in his life. All he had was his faith, that was crushed right before he was killed.

Sure, we might have that "Other locke" in season 6, but I'm not really looking forward to seeing an evil version of him.

Unless the show finds a way to bring back the real character, which would suck a little bit, I feel the show just won't be the same.

I actually think I'll miss locke more then charlie, and Juliet, because I don't think anything was resolved with his death.

Said it
    When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

He was the best character and is the best actor on the show.

Comment

If Locke truly is gone, I know I will miss him.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i will miss him if he's dead for real .

Comment

I think Ben is my fav character (although sorely underused recently), but yeah will miss 'real' Locke.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Amaunet for the sig!!!
            My First Gateworld News Item!

Comment

How sure are we that he's REALLY dead? I mean, I'm just not quite convinced, at least without some good deal more of explanation. Like, why did Jacob save John's life after he was pushed out of that window? What did Jacob go to ask for help from that woman in the hospital (can't remember her name at the moment)? Why did Locke seem like himself this season, if he was really anti-Jacob all along? I'm just not convinced that either Locke or Jacob is actually dead yet, and that there's not some deception/ conspiracy thing being orchestrated in the background... time will tell, I suppose.
              There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper747 View Post
                How sure are we that he's REALLY dead? I mean, I'm just not quite convinced, at least without some good deal more of explanation. Like, why did Jacob save John's life after he was pushed out of that window? What did Jacob go to ask for help from that woman in the hospital (can't remember her name at the moment)? Why did Locke seem like himself this season, if he was really anti-Jacob all along? I'm just not convinced that either Locke or Jacob is actually dead yet, and that there's not some deception/ conspiracy thing being orchestrated in the background... time will tell, I suppose.
                It's been implied all this season that Locke hasn't been acting like him self all along.

You do bring up a good point though, why did Jacob bring him back to life from the fall? Perhaps he was doing it for some reason... but he didn't count on locke being killed again. So, what ever plans he had for Locke might have gone out the window with his death now.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  if you can take what Terry O'Quinn said in the link that was posted in season 6 spoilers thread, then he will be missed...according to Terry O'Quinn the John Locke we knew is indeed dead and that he will be playing a completely different character (jacob's pal) next season...its sad though, he wanted believe he was special all his life and when he finally found a place where he was special, we find out that he was just a pawn in jacob's pal's plan to find a loophole...

Comment

Originally posted by boyd18 View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    if you can take what Terry O'Quinn said in the link that was posted in season 6 spoilers thread, then he will be missed...according to Terry O'Quinn the John Locke we knew is indeed dead and that he will be playing a completely different character (jacob's pal) next season...its sad though, he wanted believe he was special all his life and when he finally found a place where he was special, we find out that he was just a pawn in jacob's pal's plan to find a loophole...
                    Well... to be fair, he did succeed in stopping the Island from bouncing around in time, by finishing turning the wheel. Which basically saved the life of everyone else on the Island... But yeah, you're right.
                    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Personally, Ben is my favorite character.
                      And I keep hoping they will kill of Jack.
                      As for Locke, I agree that bring back the original would cheapen all of season 5, however, I hope that the impostor sticks around. An evil Locke is fun!

Comment

Working...
                      X