Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Lost's Mr. Eko Wants Back On The Island

In an interview with TVGuidemagazine.com, Lost's famous Season 3 casualty Mr. Eko, actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, admitted that'd he would, in fact, love to return to the show to play the character once again. Akinnuoye-Agbaje's Mr. Eko was an immensely popular character that had to be killed off way before his time after the actor asked to be released from the show prematurely. With the last season of Lost fast approaching, we're all expecting to see some past favorites return. "To be able to give that rich character some completion would be nice," said Akinnuoye-Agbaje. And while the actor keeps in touch with fellow ex-Losties Dominic Monaghan and Harold Perrineau, it is still unknown whether or not he'll be back for the hit ABC series' endgame.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/997/997238p1.html
    Oh wow! I loved Eko. I hope he gets a chance to come back for the final season.

Because he wanted off the show before, I just thought he didn't want anything to do with lost anymore.

Here's hoping

Comment

Matthew Fox - Sky One Interview

http://the-odi.blogspot.com/2009/06/...interview.html

Comment

Lost Season 6 will be 16 Episodes but have 2 hour long Premiere and Finale

Thanks to Sluky for this heads up on the translation of this Matthew Fox article in which he claims there will be 16 Episodes in Season 6 but that the Premiere and Finale will both be 2 Hrs long.

I've contacted my ABC contact to see if we can confirm this.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/
        Lost's Final Season Grows

Previously, ABC and Lost showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse had said Season 6 would be comprised of 17 hours total, but now EW's Michael Ausiello reports, via Twitter, "ABC confirms that Lost's sixth and final season will total 18 hours, including two-hour premiere and two-hour finale." Season 6 was actually going to originally be made up of 16 hours, until the writers' strike shortened Season 4, so this is the second time another hour of the show has been added to the final year.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/999/999005p1.html

Comment

Still care about ABC's Lost? Here's 'Ben' on what's coming in the final season

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/still-c...t-abcs-los.php

Comment

Question: Hey, did you hear the new Smurfs movie will be in 3-D?! Anyways do you have any more Lost scoop? --Erick

Ausiello: May's series finale is going to be a real downer, predicts Michael Emerson. "I don't think Lost will have a happy ending," he confessed to us at the Saturn Awards. "It's the end and I think we are going to start seeing more casualties. I would put money on major characters being killed. I believe it will be a sad ending to the show -- or at least bittersweet. I think it will definitely be a series finale for grownups." Emerson, meanwhile, is still trying to make sense of the season 5 finale. (Join the club!) "I killed Jacob... maybe... probably," he hedged. "It isn't like we haven't seen plenty of other people be killed and somehow come back. And what does it mean if I did kill him? I Who the hell was he anyway? Obviously, Ben wanted a father. So much of our show is about bad fathers. It is one of our biggest themes. And Jacob disappointed in those final moments. And maybe Jacob made it easy for him. Maybe that was all meant to happen. Is it all ordained? Maybe. And for that matter, can Jacob even be killed? Stay tuned is my response."

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/07/...-and-more.html

Comment

Exclusive - Team Darlton talk 'Lost'!

Yesterday we caught up with Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof - otherwise known as Team Darlton - and they told us how Lost will end!!!!

No, of course they didn't. These guys are experienced in the art of the slow tease, the enigmatic riddle and the saying-something-but-not-really-saying-anything.

We did manage to chat to them for 12 minutes though, so maybe some of their words did have some substance. Click 'play' below to watch:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1633...talk-lost.html

Comment

Latest on Potential Return of Dead Losties in Season 6

Here is the latest former LOST star to chime in on the talks of previous cast members returning. This time it is Ian Somerhalder who played Boone and is currently starring in Vampire Diaries.

The previous reports were mainly all speculation, but it seems like he let it slip that we will definitely see them return. Now earlier today we posted that the LOST writers have not even begun writing Season 6, but what does Somerhalder know that makes him feel this way!?

The exec producer of Ian Somerhalder’s new CW series, The Vampire Diaries, is close friends with Lost exec producer Damon Lindelof. So when he’s not sucking blood in the South, Ian may reappear on the island as Boone. While apartment hunting in Atlanta, where Diaries shoots, with his new on-screen vampire brother Paul Wesley, Ian tells me, “I’ve heard a little bit about what’s happening this season on Lost, and there’s definitely an avenue they’re going down to bring back a lot of us.”

http://lostspoilers-odi.blogspot.com...n-of-dead.html

Comment

'Lost' writer Vaughan leaves show

Brian K. Vaughan has quit Lost ahead of the show's upcoming final season.

The acclaimed writer, who joined the staff during season three, was responsible for episodes such as season four's 'Meet Kevin Johnson' and last season's 'Namaste'.

"Unfortunately he has left for greener pastures," Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof confirmed in an interview with DocArzt's podcast this week.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a16...aves-show.html

Comment

That was a great podcast, ive never watched one but seeing this will help ease my disappointment when certain storylines are never ressurrected. Like Libby and Mr Ekos.....eh who am i kidding, this hurts. A lot. Especially hearing Mr Eko had a much more intricate background to reveal.
                    When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

This season can't get started soon enough. It is going to be a long wait.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Recent interview with actor Titus Welliver who played the mysterious enemy of Jacob in last season's LOST finale.
                        Spoiler:

TVGuide.com: How does it feel to be dropped into the zeitgeist that is Lost?
                        Titus Welliver: It's pretty insane. It's pretty insane. This is a completely different thing for me. At the street level, it has been crazy. People — from all walks of life — come up and say, "Now, you possessed Locke...?" "Are you in fact Locke?" "Has the character of Locke been created from you, and this was a whole setup to crash the plane?"

TVGuide.com: The funny thing is they can only refer to you as "you," because they didn't give your character a name. By what name did you know him?
                        Welliver: He has no name. He's just "the man," because they don't want to give anything away. I know that this character has a name and I know the importance of it; that's all that I know.

TVGuide.com: So you don't know his actual name?
                        Welliver: No — and I think they deliberately withheld that.

TVGuide.com: Were you only given the script pages for your scene?
                        Welliver: No, I got a whole script. But the thing is, unless you're watching the show weekly, you've no bloody idea what's going on. It's not a show that you can just drop into the middle of. I had watched Lost during the first season, but then life and children sort of prevent one from being able to consistently stay with something.

TVGuide.com: Did the producers give you any notes on what the dynamic should be between you and Mark Pellegrino's Jacob?
                        Welliver: Liz Sarnoff, one of the writers on the show, is actually an old colleague from a show that we did with David Milch, Big Apple, and from Deadwood. Her explanation was that Jacob sees man as being a flawed creature, but that there is always hope, whereas my character has a much more cynical but in some ways realistic view of man. She said, "Now extrapolate from that what you will. Are they waxing philosophical? Are they gods?" What occurs to me as I watch Locke mention the loophole and pitch Jacob into the fire is, "Clearly this other man on the beach has inhabited Locke on some level" — and it never suspends your belief simply because of how intricate the mysterious nature of the show is. You never say, "Aw, c'mon." I find it interesting that the audience completely buys into what [the writers] put in front of them.

TVGuide.com: Fans have all sorts of theories on the Jacob-Man No. 2 relationship. Some see the obvious parallels with the Bible's Jacob and Esau, but there are also a wealth of Egyptian comparisons...
                        Welliver: Yeah, the Esau thing seems to dominate the extrapolating conversations. People on the subway say, "Are you Esau?" The interactions are that random.

TVGuide.com: Do you think it's as simple as one of these guys is good and the other evil?
                        Welliver: The way that I interpreted it, on a biblical level, is that it's a sort of Cain-and-Abel scenario. So by destroying Jacob, what does that prove — that [the man in black] can ultimately have power over the island? Do the castaways become solely his playthings? And why was it so important that he find the loophole to be able to kill Jacob? That moved me in the direction of thinking that if he needs this loophole, there's a greater power than the two of them that they're answering to.

TVGuide.com: Right, someone had to establish that loophole. Some giant, cosmic lawyer.
                        Welliver: [Laughs] Exactly. What [the producers] said to me was, "No hand-wringing" — and I said, "Certainly not," I didn't want to do the Snidely Whiplash thing — "and understand that this is kind of a chess game," hence the fact that one's in black and one's in white. But are they part of the chess game... or are they the players?

TVGuide.com: It seems like Jacob could have one last ace up his sleeve, as evidenced by him saying before dying, "They're coming." He may have put one final countermeasure in place.
                        Welliver: Oh, yeah. Somebody asked me about that — "Is your character going to just take over?" — and of course I don't have the answer. But as a viewer I think, "It can't be that easy to get rid of Jacob."

Source: TV Guide

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                          Recent interview with actor Titus Welliver who played the mysterious enemy of Jacob in last season's LOST finale.
                          Spoiler:

TVGuide.com: How does it feel to be dropped into the zeitgeist that is Lost?
                          Titus Welliver: It's pretty insane. It's pretty insane. This is a completely different thing for me. At the street level, it has been crazy. People — from all walks of life — come up and say, "Now, you possessed Locke...?" "Are you in fact Locke?" "Has the character of Locke been created from you, and this was a whole setup to crash the plane?"

TVGuide.com: The funny thing is they can only refer to you as "you," because they didn't give your character a name. By what name did you know him?
                          Welliver: He has no name. He's just "the man," because they don't want to give anything away. I know that this character has a name and I know the importance of it; that's all that I know.

TVGuide.com: So you don't know his actual name?
                          Welliver: No — and I think they deliberately withheld that.

TVGuide.com: Were you only given the script pages for your scene?
                          Welliver: No, I got a whole script. But the thing is, unless you're watching the show weekly, you've no bloody idea what's going on. It's not a show that you can just drop into the middle of. I had watched Lost during the first season, but then life and children sort of prevent one from being able to consistently stay with something.

TVGuide.com: Did the producers give you any notes on what the dynamic should be between you and Mark Pellegrino's Jacob?
                          Welliver: Liz Sarnoff, one of the writers on the show, is actually an old colleague from a show that we did with David Milch, Big Apple, and from Deadwood. Her explanation was that Jacob sees man as being a flawed creature, but that there is always hope, whereas my character has a much more cynical but in some ways realistic view of man. She said, "Now extrapolate from that what you will. Are they waxing philosophical? Are they gods?" What occurs to me as I watch Locke mention the loophole and pitch Jacob into the fire is, "Clearly this other man on the beach has inhabited Locke on some level" — and it never suspends your belief simply because of how intricate the mysterious nature of the show is. You never say, "Aw, c'mon." I find it interesting that the audience completely buys into what [the writers] put in front of them.

TVGuide.com: Fans have all sorts of theories on the Jacob-Man No. 2 relationship. Some see the obvious parallels with the Bible's Jacob and Esau, but there are also a wealth of Egyptian comparisons...
                          Welliver: Yeah, the Esau thing seems to dominate the extrapolating conversations. People on the subway say, "Are you Esau?" The interactions are that random.

TVGuide.com: Do you think it's as simple as one of these guys is good and the other evil?
                          Welliver: The way that I interpreted it, on a biblical level, is that it's a sort of Cain-and-Abel scenario. So by destroying Jacob, what does that prove — that [the man in black] can ultimately have power over the island? Do the castaways become solely his playthings? And why was it so important that he find the loophole to be able to kill Jacob? That moved me in the direction of thinking that if he needs this loophole, there's a greater power than the two of them that they're answering to.

TVGuide.com: Right, someone had to establish that loophole. Some giant, cosmic lawyer.
                          Welliver: [Laughs] Exactly. What [the producers] said to me was, "No hand-wringing" — and I said, "Certainly not," I didn't want to do the Snidely Whiplash thing — "and understand that this is kind of a chess game," hence the fact that one's in black and one's in white. But are they part of the chess game... or are they the players?

TVGuide.com: It seems like Jacob could have one last ace up his sleeve, as evidenced by him saying before dying, "They're coming." He may have put one final countermeasure in place.
                          Welliver: Oh, yeah. Somebody asked me about that — "Is your character going to just take over?" — and of course I don't have the answer. But as a viewer I think, "It can't be that easy to get rid of Jacob."

Source: TV Guide

Nice read. Thanks for that.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Season 6 - Big Casting Rumours

I've been sent through some very nice information from a casting agency rep, which whilst I cannot confirm 100% I believe to be pretty accurate from what else I've heard from other sources. However until we get some proper confirmation I'll be leaving this in the rumours section.

Here is the gist of the information which I'm summarizing from their email.

- Lost Producers are attempting to obtain contracts with the bulk of old cast members for season 6 and checking their filming availability.
                            - This includes Cynthia Watros,Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Clancy Brown, Daniel Roebuck, Mira Furlan, Andrew Divoff, M.C. Gainey, Brett Cullen, and Bill Mapother. None of these have been officially confirmed/signed up
                            - Also included are a number of ex-major characters, Maggie Grace, Ian Sommerhalder, Dom, Elizabeth Mitchell, Michell Rodriquez, Harold and Rebecca for multiple episodes.

http://lostrumours.blogspot.com/2009...g-rumours.html

Comment

Your Q&A with Titus Welliver made me even more impatient for Lost's return (as if that were possible). Got any other scoop on the final season? — Meg

MATT: It depends on what you make of the following: TVGuide.com editor Adam Bryant just returned from a trip to Hawaii, and during a tour of Lost filming locations, the wooden structure from which Jughead originally dangled was still erect on Oahu. Keeping in mind that Lost is meticulous about putting away their toys after they are done being used, I ask: Why is a set piece from the 1954 storyline still camera-ready? (ABC had no comment.)

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...t-1008041.aspx

Comment

Your Q&A with Titus Welliver made me even more impatient for Lost's return (as if that were possible). Got any other scoop on the final season? — Meg

MATT: It depends on what you make of the following: TVGuide.com editor Adam Bryant just returned from a trip to Hawaii, and during a tour of Lost filming locations, the wooden structure from which Jughead originally dangled was still erect on Oahu. Keeping in mind that Lost is meticulous about putting away their toys after they are done being used, I ask: Why is a set piece from the 1954 storyline still camera-ready? (ABC had no comment.)

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...t-1008041.aspx
                                Interesting little tidbit.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X