X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caprica first week sales

If anyone is interested

Caprica sold 169,656 copies in its first week according to
    The Numers and was 11th most sold DVD in the USA for the week.

David B
    sigpic

Deserved more, deserved way more...

Comment

Originally posted by blitzsnake View Post
      Yes, it deserved more, but what can you do... maybe there will be a boost in sales when it airs on TV next year.
      Or mabe people will wait for the whole season and won't even bother with the pilot.

Second week sales are 78,125 copes, and 22nd place for the week.
      source: The Numbers.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing most people don't want to end up re-buying it later when the whole season comes out, and would rather rent the pilot or borrow from a friend.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
          I'm guessing most people don't want to end up re-buying it later when the whole season comes out, and would rather rent the pilot or borrow from a friend.
          Probably very true.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

rent or just download or stream it of the internet most likely.
            But from the sound of it scifi bosses was not expecting high numbers and this release no more than an expensive advertisement campaign as they did not want it leaking out in the year in-between the pilot and series airing and just done it officially and made some money from it.

Comment

Bingo, I got burned enough times with the BSG releases.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That. I had bought Razor not knowing it would come with season 4.0. Now that I have 4.0, I have two copies of Razor. Hubby asked me if I was going to buy Caprica and I said no because I don't want to spend extra money for something that will probably be packaged with season 1 of the series.
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I just hope that low sales of the pilot don't negatively affect the show.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by blitzsnake View Post

perhaps that should have shown it on tv instead ?
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                      perhaps that should have shown it on tv instead ?
                      Perhaps it sucks.
                      BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Thought it was pretty decent tbh, will definately start following the series, if the show can go up just a notch it'll be pretty good i think.
                        Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                        Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Is it weird i thought 169,656 was a good 1 week sales O.o

Comment

For something that hasn't aired on TV, has received minimal advertising, and is only really known about by the most dedicated of BSG fans, I'd say that's a pretty decent first week number.

Even though I didn't contribute to it.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                            X