This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for SGC space stations?

thread bout the midway being a possible new base of operations got me thinkin.

i think its time for an earth made space station or two.

midway would be a good start, with the new asgard tech we have it could be well armed to defend itself no need for 304s to run ot its rescue for a possible wraith attack

asguard shields and energy generation (or better naq gens) would be sufficent to keep it safe from enemy fire.

and to ensure even if they go to emergency power they have some kinda offense have an armory filled with nukes and have rail guns for in close defense.

then once that station is established and a success.build one IN pegasus make sure to over arm it even more so then midway.

im talkin mutliple redundant power systems, mutiple weapon systems hell even a two layer shield system with double the emitters so that when one shield system goes offline the secondary system with its own independant power system is kicked on to give the primary time to recharge.

basicly a station ment for nothing other then kickin A!!!!! park it someplace tacticaly important with some cover for 304's to hide for ambush strikes.

once wraith learn of it they will do what they did to ancients and try and swarm it. well in my head this station will take out hives second they drop outta hyperspace, and by the time wraith learn to not F with the station they are going to be so depleted in numbers (since there cloaning facility is gone) be a simple matter to just pick them off with 304 patrols.

Seems a bit pointless. What advantage does a space station have over a ship?

Comment

In SG1 there are now plans for a Moonbase. That should prove to be interesting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
      MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
        In SG1 there are now plans for a Moonbase. That should prove to be interesting.
        I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          I wouldn't count on it.
          Why is everything you say negative?
          And I will be counting on it, just because I have faith that Carter and O'Neill will figure out how to get a moonbase up for the third movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
            Why is everything you say negative?
            And I will be counting on it, just because I have faith that Carter and O'Neill will figure out how to get a moonbase up for the third movie.
            The moonbase line was meant as a joke.

Comment

how do you know?

Comment

im sorry lol but joke or not, if Jack O'neil says "i want a moon base" i realy dont think its too much to ask for lol.

oh and what good are space stations anywhere? midway would be useful so they could leave atlantis safe on earth to be completely studied without worry of it getting blown up by the wraith, could also be used as a secondary means of defense for earth (could probably also remotely tie in its chair to control the antartic drones)

and a pegasus station would be more of a battlestation, which by nature of the wraith would do an awesome job culling (get it) there numbers down. once that was accomplished it could be reconfigured to act as a standard base of operations in pegasus.

earth could start putting space stations in any area they are studying when there is the chance of attack.

The current method of putting bases in mountains and such was only because they had to rely on secrecy to hide from enemies since earth had no way to actualy stop an attack before (well they did but it was always an indirect way)

with there tech level now they dont have to hide there instilations anymore.

but yea stations might be alittle premature but if you think bout it could realy speed up the exploration of the galaxy each station could take the gate from the planet they are nearest and have teams of there own going out all the time.

Comment

The moonbase line was meant as a joke.
                  A joke? or will the Icarus base be located on a moon? (not necessarioy our moon).
                  BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    how do you know?
                    He doesn't.

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post
                    im sorry lol but joke or not, if Jack O'neil says "i want a moon base" i realy dont think its too much to ask for lol.

oh and what good are space stations anywhere? midway would be useful so they could leave atlantis safe on earth to be completely studied without worry of it getting blown up by the wraith, could also be used as a secondary means of defense for earth (could probably also remotely tie in its chair to control the antartic drones)

and a pegasus station would be more of a battlestation, which by nature of the wraith would do an awesome job culling (get it) there numbers down. once that was accomplished it could be reconfigured to act as a standard base of operations in pegasus.

earth could start putting space stations in any area they are studying when there is the chance of attack.

The current method of putting bases in mountains and such was only because they had to rely on secrecy to hide from enemies since earth had no way to actualy stop an attack before (well they did but it was always an indirect way)

with there tech level now they dont have to hide there instilations anymore.

but yea stations might be alittle premature but if you think bout it could realy speed up the exploration of the galaxy each station could take the gate from the planet they are nearest and have teams of there own going out all the time.
                    I agree that Space Stations are great! We could build a big space station on an Asteroid that is orbiting Saturn or something. Just like in "The Ark".

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      how do you know?
                      Apart from how obvious it is? They pretty much say so in the commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post
                        thread bout the midway being a possible new base of operations got me thinkin.

i think its time for an earth made space station or two.

midway would be a good start, with the new asgard tech we have it could be well armed to defend itself no need for 304s to run ot its rescue for a possible wraith attack

asguard shields and energy generation (or better naq gens) would be sufficent to keep it safe from enemy fire.

and to ensure even if they go to emergency power they have some kinda offense have an armory filled with nukes and have rail guns for in close defense.

then once that station is established and a success.build one IN pegasus make sure to over arm it even more so then midway.

im talkin mutliple redundant power systems, mutiple weapon systems hell even a two layer shield system with double the emitters so that when one shield system goes offline the secondary system with its own independant power system is kicked on to give the primary time to recharge.

basicly a station ment for nothing other then kickin A!!!!! park it someplace tacticaly important with some cover for 304's to hide for ambush strikes.

once wraith learn of it they will do what they did to ancients and try and swarm it. well in my head this station will take out hives second they drop outta hyperspace, and by the time wraith learn to not F with the station they are going to be so depleted in numbers (since there cloaning facility is gone) be a simple matter to just pick them off with 304 patrols.
                        Good idea. Maybe they could build three in pegasus and six in the milky way (things will go much faster with the asgard tech)
                        sigpic

Comment

At the very least Midway station needs to be rebuilt. We still have obligations to the millions of people in Pegasus that are now essentially defenceless again now that we have left and the Wraith can go about their business without fear of reprisal from us, unless of course Todd persuades his faction to take up the mantle.

Comment

ehh realisticly they dont need too many, i mean right now they do just fine with the SGC running all off world exploration.

but with the new tech they have thats going to increase in speed. and now that we have space travel pretty well masterd (thanks to asgard tech) ships are going to start becoming a larger part of exploration in the Stargate universe (or at least that would be logical).

i can logicaly forsee if they ever make another traditional SG show (bout teams going threw the gate) 304's picking up gates from unexplorable worlds and placing them on safer planets. at least until earth learns how to create there own stargates (how hard can it be they are just big naquada rings for crying out loud *kidding*)

304 does a quick scan of a planet anything interesting it beams down a stargate and marks the planet for search by a team. Space station or SGC deploys an available team to the planet to search.

at the time this would be a good way to go since earth has only what 4 304's? once they get a larger fleet they wouldnt need to do it this way but for now it would be a great way to combine the use of ships and still make the gates use logical for exploration.

for another new show they could send a 304 into a completely un charted area where even the ancients hadnt been before the 304 could be loaded with stargates (say 12?) they set up a base of operations with one of the gates then send the 304 to drop gates on a few planets and send teams to search them, anything interesting the gate is left behind for further study, if nothing is found 304 picks it back up later to be reused.

Comment

Seems a bit pointless. What advantage does a space station have over a ship?
                              Refueling? Repair? Weapons surplus? Heavily armed bases at strageic points in the galaxy would be very useful. Even along trade routes, like between Earth and pegasus would be useful. 2 in the milky way 2 in the void.

A heavily armed and armored station would be great if youre being chased by a dozen Hatak. Just fly behind it and let its huge weapons save ur arse.

Comment

Working...
                              X