This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler Alert!

Ok for the past few weeks me and friends have been watching some pretty bad movies and ive always wanted to do reviews on them so i have decided to post some reviews here for all to read and discuss. I will keep it clean and it will mostly be in writen form but there may be a few video reviews here and there. I am open to sudjestions to movies that you would like The Movie Gang and me (Thats what i call our little group) Now i wont do all of them just the ones i find that i can be sure will be terrible and great material to review. And if u want me to review like REAL good movies i will here and there, and give me sudjestions for good movies to watch and maybe review.

Umm a few requirements for a movie you want me to review maybe are

1. have to be able to get it like a Movie Gallery or Blockbuster or Net Flix
    2. .....well actully thats it. I will be reluctant to review one that is to long as in run time because we tend to watch 3 movies in a night and they have to be short so nothing over like 2 and a half hours.

Ill have my first review up either this week or next. It may be spuratic at times due to School and work and all that stuff we all have to deal with at somepoint so if i dont update for a week or 2 its because im very busy but ill try to update as much as possible.

Thoughts? Comments Concernes?

OH and most of these movies i might be spoiling so if u want to see it its probably best not to read them lol but i doubt ill be doing movies that you particularly want to see. Like i wont do Watchmen or Dark Night because i dont think everyone has seen those and i want everyone to have the same thrill i did seeing those movies for the first time.
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Great idea! looking forward to it
    sigpic

Comment

Game Review
      DAMNATION

Spoiler:
      Ok i decided to actully do a review i recently bought called "Damnation" a third person shooter set in the beging of the 20th century in an alternate time line where everything is steampunk, the Civil War has been raging for decades, and a private company called Presscot Industries i think (PSI? Clever huh? hahaha) is trying to take over the world. Thats about as far as the game goes with the back story. The game starts imediatly with grity grudgy depressing sceenery, much like Gears or War, but unlike GoW this game is terrible. The selling point Blue Omega, the developers, saw for this game was it was a GoW clone but with platforming like Tomb Raider, and a shooter, but really its like making a model of the Statu of David with playdou. The game's aiming sysetm is very very sensitive, the slightest nudge will spin you around. The platforming, while fun for awhile, becomes tedious, annoying, and you begin cursing the game for it, but yet its the only good part of the game. You have no map in this game and no way to see enemys until you get a special power from a Native American healer to see enemys through walls. The hit detection is terrible, when you punch somone the game wont register it unless you do it like 5 times and by then the enemy has whiped around, killed you IN ONE SHOT, and stolen your wallet and bought a smoothie. In this game even i you make a head shot the enemy AI wont die unless youi hit him again 5 times, unless you are using the sniper rifle which is the only worth while gun in the game. There is no map or HUD of any kind. They way you see how much health you has is as you get hurt the scrren will turn black and white. Plus for somereason they deided to not put a function where you can crouch down and shoot over walls and not expose your self, which has been in games since 2004 i think.

Now comes the AI. Your teamates AI will lead you right where you need to go so there really isnt anypoint in looking around unless you stop for a nanosecond then they are halfway across, or up, the map. They also will hide and not shoot anything in a mid range fire fight and when they get hurt you have to find them, with no map or radar or anything, to heal them or you could jsut get to the next checkpoint and then they appear meracurliously beside you completly healed. Now the enemy AI is a completly differnet story. For some reason you have to shoot them multiple times to kill them but they can kill you in one hit. Plus the biggest thing of all for me is that you can sneak up behind them, fire up in the air and they will not hear you. They sometimes will walk around and take advantage of the platforming and go down ziplines and things but honestly its all scripted.

ow i will say this, its base concept is good, a Platforming shooter sounds great, but Damnation just dose not deliver on it.Grant it its an indie game but that really dosnt make up for how bad it is. When i first saw it in stores I thought "Awsome a steampunk shooter platformer? ALRIGHT!" but then i was sorly disapointed. So in the end if you wan to get a new game, get something better then this. Get the Sims 3, or Red Faction: Gurrilla, or anything really. Damnation was a good concept, but poorly exicuted.

Thanks for reading

FN-P90
      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Working...
      X