Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG Manchester View Post
    Yes I think it explains their almost zealous approach to non interference a lot better than the actual writers of the show have over the years.

I have been watching some old episodes over the last few days and I like how you have tied in the concept that the gates dont always Kawoosh, for example Lya does it in one episode and also Old Cassandra in "1969".

Am eagerly awaiting the next installment of this, it has the scope for several seasons worth of stories and I personally would have prefered to have seen this on the screen instead of the new SG Universe series and also any future Movies, great job Aer'ki!
    i couldnt agree more, you really got something here, please continue it
    check my story's:
    Battlestar group 16
    and Under Siege
    and respond at:
    Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
    my newest story:
    TFS Ticonderoga
    and respond at:
    TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

I have to admit that I could not stop reading. I am finally glad that someone really brought a better understanding of the Ancients and their capabilites to SG.

I love the ZPM facility. Powerfull and so simple I love it!!

When can I get more!?

Comment

excellent episode great to read really looking forward to next
        sigpic

Comment

Episode five is shaping up well, geat work! And great reason for the gate Kawoosh being what it is!
          Ronan Dex

The only Known Cure to Chuck Norris

Comment

Great series! I love it!

Comment

Awesome stuff....keep it going!

Comment

Originally posted by SG Manchester View Post
                Episode five is shaping up well, geat work! And great reason for the gate Kawoosh being what it is!
                too true lol
                sigpic

Comment

This is awesome! I'm trying to visualize it all in my head. I'm actually visualizing this better than my own works.

Comment

Aer'ki

Your series is quite awesome, I also am writing a story about the ancients, but I have taken the task of trying to expand upon the canon of the ancients early years, why they left, the battles that occured prior to them leaving etc. They are a seperate colony to those who left and came to the milky way however.

Maybe we could crossover at some point hehe.

If you could also read mine, stargate: unity, there are a couple of sample chapters up at the moment, I'd appreciate your feedback as you are an excellent writer and I am just beginning.

Thanks!

I'm definately a fan, what intrigues me is how you have maintained the balance and kept stevenson from being a god character, given his knowledge and technology. Awesome, any pointers for doing that, I would like to avoid that as well considering I am toying with an entire colony of some of the most advanced ancients at the time period I am working with.

Comment

Sorry for the long wait. I've been on vacation this week so I went ahead and knocked off Ep. 5 all at once. Thank you for all the positive feedback. I wasn't expecting quite that much of a response.

With regards to this last episode...does it fit with SG-1's Merlin arc?

Also, I always wondered how Merlin set up his offworld communities (like Camelot)when the stargate at Giza was buried and the one in Antarctica was frozen or at least a long walk from England. Does his wall mounted stargate make sense, or do you think he traveled by ship?
                      Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

I don't think he would have been able to create a ship and keep it hidden, suppose it depends on the size, but I would think a stargate would be a simpler option, so your take on it is pretty much how I would see it fitting into canon.

I don't have such contraints though, I can setup a fairly new civilisation with my own plot, as it is a seperate entity, you've done well to incorporate new situations using existing canon elements into your story.

Even the stargate network that will be built up from scratch in my own series will be radically different than what has been seen within the stargate shows. They get the concept from amelius but take it in a new direction, the technology will be very different but at the same time, familiar.

I like what you did with the kawoosh as well, I hadn't thought of it in quite that manner, I thought it was simply the energy given off when a wormhole was punched through space and arrived at its target gate.

Comment

I love this I cannot wait for more. I know that you are focusing on Stevenson, but I would like to know more about the other characters. Are they just sitting around doing the whole bootcamp thing? Or are they really taking the fight to the wraith?

Comment

Fantastic series, can't wait to read more. Hopefully you can get chapter 6 out soon.

Comment

wow what an atrocity......not trying to be an ass but this seems to be for all the people who whined and complained all up and down season 5.
                              [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo214 View Post
                                wow what an atrocity......not trying to be an ass but this seems to be for all the people who whined and complained all up and down season 5.

Could you elaborate a little?
                                Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X