This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will Never Call it the HWC

i dont care how many more show's movie's book's comics or whatever they make in the stargate franchise i will NEVER EVER aknowledge the SGC as the HWC.

I Dont care if Teal'c comes to my door and Indeeds the livin crap outta me it will forever and always be the SGC to me.

/sign if you agree

oh and this post isnt ment to be in a mean or pig headed way, just to me stargate wouldnt be the same if they changed the name

?? did i miss something??? why's it being called the HWC?
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
      ?? did i miss something??? why's it being called the HWC?
      few scattered comments i saw, and someone quoted something refering to that

Comment

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post
        few scattered comments i saw, and someone quoted something refering to that
        You don't mean the Department of Homeworld Security do you? Which is actually a department that overseas both the SGC, the DSC projects, Atlantis, and the Antarctica operations...?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

What's it supposed to stand for?

HWC...
          Have Weird Comments
          Hair With Cats
          Has White Cots

Home World Command? Maybe? Kind of contrived, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            You don't mean the Department of Homeworld Security do you? Which is actually a department that overseas both the SGC, the DSC projects, Atlantis, and the Antarctica operations...?
            Nevermind the SGC, I just want someone to clear up for me the relationship between HWS and the IOA.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
              Nevermind the SGC, I just want someone to clear up for me the relationship between HWS and the IOA.
              Yeah...

I personally like to think technically the DHWS is the 'military arm' of the IOA. Independently run, but falling under the duristiction of the IOA.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

i dont care how many more show's movie's book's comics or whatever they make in the stargate franchise i will NEVER EVER aknowledge the SGC as the HWC.
                What are you talking about? It is two different things?
                Last edited by Terra Atlantus; 06 May 2009, 11:35 AM.

Comment

i will NEVER EVER aknowledge the SGC as the HWC.
                  good for you! you go!
                  BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

I'm glad you aren't one of those people that make mountains out of ant hills!
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah...

I personally like to think technically the DHWS is the 'military arm' of the IOA. Independently run, but falling under the duristiction of the IOA.
                      Yes, I would tend to believe that except Jack is still in the USAF, isn't he? It would seem that there'd need to be a multinational military set-up for the IOA to truly be running the show.

Comment

Yeah...

I thought the DHWS was a cabinet position within the US Government.

Comment

homeworld command, with other words the department of homeworld security, with other words the place Jack works at. with other words the department that watches our backs and does all the behind the screens stuff so our heroes can conveniently use the 304's, cause one will be ready for their desperately needed mission, they make sure the SGC can do its job properly

SGC =/= HWC

Comment

I Dont care if Teal'c comes to my door and Indeeds the livin crap outta me it will forever and always be the SGC to me.

/sign if you agree

oh and this post isnt ment to be in a mean or pig headed way, just to me stargate wouldnt be the same if they changed the name
                            Huh? They best not change it! I don't think they would tho.

Comment

IOA -> Gate Programm(global)
                              HWC-> SGC, Area 51, americal part of the Gate Programm.

so IOA-> Arctic outpost, Atlantis, SGC(international part), Offworld travel
                              HWC -> Arctic Outpost (american Part), Atlantis (american part), SGC(in general), Offword Travel, 304 programm (except international part)

so to make it all really clear:

IOA is international, and has everything to do with the international aspects of the entire alien affairs stuff

HWC is american, meaning only has to do with america: the Army, Navy, the USAF, and all they have to do with the entire gate programm as a whole, the 304's, etc. so only applies to american part of everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X