This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much mass can a zat disintagrate?

I know it can disitagrate people and weapons but there must be a limit to the mass it can affect otherwise someone with a zat could disintagrate a ha'tak. Also how far can they shoot? Any help would be appriteated (sp?). Thanks.

Originally posted by gatelover12
    I know it can disitagrate people and weapons but there must be a limit to the mass it can affect otherwise someone with a zat could disintagrate a ha'tak. Also how far can they shoot? Any help would be appriteated (sp?). Thanks.
    IMO i believe one zat gun could not do the trick. Maybe a bunch of them (and I mean a hellalot) or maybe a suped up one that carter will design someday

I think technically the distance on the zat gun determines on several different vaiables. IE: stuff getting in the way, gravity, crap like that. But an open shot in space would go on forever I think...yep!

Comment

A zat'nik'tel will fire as far as the furthest Jaffa who needs to be zatted, disintegrates as much matter as is needed and induces just the required level of stun. It can also be used as a lock-pick or for cooking; one shot does an MRE to perfection while two will roast a chicken to a turn. Three shots will do a turkey, but you need to wrap it in bacon; that way the bacon disintegrates but the turkey doesn't.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
        IMO i believe one zat gun could not do the trick. Maybe a bunch of them (and I mean a hellalot) or maybe a suped up one that carter will design someday

I think technically the distance on the zat gun determines on several different vaiables. IE: stuff getting in the way, gravity, crap like that. But an open shot in space would go on forever I think...yep!
        are zat shots affected by gravity aren't they just massless energy? Oh and Mr.prophet thanks for the laugh!

Comment

are zat shots affected by gravity aren't they just massless energy? Oh and Mr.prophet thanks for the laugh!
          Well, the blast looks like electricity, so it might be based on an electron or positron stream, either of which is affected by gravity, but not much. The more likely limitation would be 'stuff getting in the way', specifically atmosphere. That's what does it with lasers.

And you're welcome.

Comment

Mr. prophet...when will you be releasing your "Cooking with zat'nik'tel: a cookbook for every stargate fan"???

Comment

Mr. prophet...when will you be releasing your "Cooking with zat'nik'tel: a cookbook for every stargate fan"???
              Better be soon or i'll release my "torturing cooking prophets"

Comment

Better be soon or i'll release my "torturing cooking prophets"
                sounds like a bestseller to me

Comment

While wer'e on Zat's bythe way, this has bothered me for some time now...

How come when and SG team member is Zatted, he gets up in a few seconds, yet when an enemy Jaffa is Zatted he's out cold for quite a while?

That hardly seems fair. Did they think we wouldn't notice?

Comment

"To serve Goa'uld: A zat'nik'tel cookbook".

Nan!

Comment

Originally posted by Acid Burn

How come when and SG team member is Zatted, he gets up in a few seconds, yet when an enemy Jaffa is Zatted he's out cold for quite a while?

Maybe there jaffa suits work as a super conductor and ups the voltage???

Comment

Part of the zat's function is to gauge the dramatic relevance of the target and adjust its power appropriately.

Comment

SPOILER FOR BANE highlight to read-Well since the baby simbiots feed on low level electrical fields maybe the jaffa conduct it better to be a more perfict incubator. End spioler

Comment

Maybe there jaffa suits work as a super conductor and ups the voltage???
                            My thoughts exactally. That or after awhile your body gets used to a zat and you recover more quickly. Because the guards in 1969 didn't get up to quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                              Part of the zat's function is to gauge the dramatic relevance of the target and adjust its power appropriately.
                              is that true...I did not know that. Where do you find that one out???

Comment

Working...
                              X