Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should they? (Spoilers for The Variable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should they? (Spoilers for The Variable)

If they could stop the plane from crashing, should they? If the plane never crashed:

Jack would still be annoying (he still is, but less so)

Kate would go to prison

Locke would still be in a wheelchair

Claire would give up her baby

Charlie would be alive, but a drug addict

Shannon and Boone would be alive

Jin and Sun would be unhappy

Sawyer would still be a bad guy

Rose would still have cancer

Daniel would still be broken

Everyone from the tail section would still be alive

Desmond would still be trapped on the island, but with no button

Some are good things, some are bad. IMO the surviving characters are better for their experiences.

The way I read into it was Daniel was killed, so he couldn't execute the plan. The islands weird way of stopping events from changing. Like he said, you can't change what has already happened.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Amaunet for the sig!!!
    My First Gateworld News Item!

Comment

Yeah, but if they could do it. Jack will still probably try because when he gets an idea in his head he wont shut up about it.

Comment

well, from listening to Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse's podcast for the Variable, they explained that Daniel figured out that there are ways to change events...they explained that by throwing a small rock into a pond, not much would change...but throw a big rock into that pond and things will change...thats where the hydrogen bomb came into Daniels plan...detonating the hydrogen bomb within electromagnet energy under the swan is one of the only things that would have enough impact on history to change it..

i think the problem with Daniels plan is, he's doing exactly what was always ment to happen, which leads to the incident...i think Jack will continue with Daniels plan but at some point, he realizes he doesn't want to undo everything so he doesn't go through with the plan...which leads us into season 6 where we'll see a future where the incident never happened but, the losties are still on the island for some reason...

but, thats just my theory...

Comment

In the end, I don't think they will be able to stop the events that led to their plane crashing.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Claire would give up her baby? maybe I missed something?

In the flashback scene for her it shows her about to sign the adoption papers, but she changes her mind... then she gets on the plane ( after deciding not to give him away).

If it didn't crash, she would have landed at the destination, and kept the baby?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
              Claire would give up her baby? maybe I missed something?

In the flashback scene for her it shows her about to sign the adoption papers, but she changes her mind... then she gets on the plane ( after deciding not to give him away).

If it didn't crash, she would have landed at the destination, and kept the baby?
              She was going to America to give up the baby to a waiting couple that her psychic had arranged for her. However, they implied that the psychic put her on the plane because he knew it would crash on the Island, thus forcing her to keep Aaron. If we assume no such couple existed, it's hard to say what she would have done once she had Aaron.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X