This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Pictures of Icarus Base!

you can find the new pictures here, i think they are the only pictures of Icarus base that you seen in the trailer.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...o-icarus-base/

the SGC is no more, this is a complete transformation of the old gateroom. this is not your "father's stargate" anymore lads. what do you think?
    sigpic

the old sgc gateroom is still in existence per say we just wont be seeing it in this new series

Comment

it could be a good omen that sgu is being filmed in the same stage as sg1
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        it could be a good omen that sgu is being filmed in the same stage as sg1
        I didn't know you were superstiious PA

In seriousness I like the pics
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I love how by the looks of it, the ramp from the gate exits out to the control "nerve" center and off to the sides for the cooridores. (By the angle I am looking at. Not sure if that is, but putting together the angle of the pictures and how Mallozzi described it, that's what I assume.)

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

awesome Pic's!!!

Comment

So what the hell? Does this mean that we will never see the SGC in future SG-1 movies? NO!

Comment

Seeming that the name of the blog entry is "Transforming Stage 5 From Stargate Command to Icarus Base" I would say its a safe bet that yes its the same set and its unlikly we will see the old SGC again, unless they take the time and effort to put it back (doesnt seem likely)

Comment

I also don't get this. If they are shutting the SGC scenes down than there will be no SGC or they will use computer made SGC than?

And if they are building Icarus base with so much energy is Icarus base replacing SGC? Because I read about some homeworld office inside Icarus base? Does anyone have any ideas regarding this?

Comment

Originally posted by comperius View Post
                    I also don't get this. If they are shutting the SGC scenes down than there will be no SGC or they will use computer made SGC than?

And if they are building Icarus base with so much energy is Icarus base replacing SGC? Because I read about some homeworld office inside Icarus base? Does anyone have any ideas regarding this?
                    as far as i know Icarus Base will only be used in the first two eps then it may be converted back into the sgc

just guessing

Comment

well JM wrote this on his blog
                      In a few short days, it would be a dining area. And, a month after that, the headquarters of Homeworld Command.
                      So are we sure that Icarus Base will be used only for 3 hours of filming?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        as far as i know Icarus Base will only be used in the first two eps then it may be converted back into the sgc

just guessing
                        Isn't the SGC being dismantled to save storage space?
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Isn't the SGC being dismantled to save storage space?
                          got me like i said guessing. i rarely read joe's blog

Comment

I hope we don't lose the SGC entirely. That's been the nerve center of Stargate for...(counting on fingers and toes...and then some...) 12 years, right? And now we're looking at a stripped-down version that, while it looks reminiscent of Stargate Command, isn't really and will take a ton of time and energy to re-make?

On the potentially positive side, me knowing nothing else about the series (I'm not reading spoilers, so I've not been doing anything except watching trailers and looking at pictures), Icarus Base being attacked means it's no longer a secure base of operations (you remember how hard they tried finding possible Alpha Sites that weren't on the Goa'ulds' cartouche (sp)?), so it's no longer a safe place to establish a new/rebuilt base. Hopefully that means we won't be seeing it again and we can get back to the SGC (even if it's renamed "Homeworld Command" or something like that) sometime after the first episode and in time for the third SG-1 movie...maybe...

(Again, I know nothing about the series' episodes except what I see here and there in pictures and trailers so I may be 100% off base here [no pun intended])

Comment

Well I think that there is not many people here who know what will SGU in reality look like as a series. Of course the bigger question is how SGU story will connect to current speculations.

But because we don't know who attacks Icarus Base we can't know if IB is secure or not. But I think that base will be safe enough to run daily and research operations.

On the other hand, if Icarus will become HQ for Home world Security, than this base may become something new and interesting, but at the same time I than have 2 more questions - what is SGC now and how IOA fits in to the whole story?

Comment

Working...
                              X