Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Was Voyager better before or after 7 of 9?

I say that Voyager was better before 7 of 9. I like her character, but after she became a part of the crew, all of the episodes after that became boring, as if the writers ran out of ideas.

Chief Master Sergeant drjacksonfan's Avatar

I liked it before but there was some good stories after as well. It was good to see the Dr in a different light after 7 of 9 came along.

Request signatures/wallpaper here.
    check out everything i've made so far

I hated the whole 'Doctor teaching 7 in the ways of humanity' arc that carried on for so bloody long, it's as stupid as Data trying to teach Q how to be human, which he didn't actually do. I'm probably one of the most perverted men you can ever meet, giggidy giddigy, and even I tried of 7's boobs getting too much attention.

That said, I always prefer the later stuff a show does compared to the early stuff, probably because I've seen the early stuff so many times it's bores the mind completely thanks to repeats on TV. The Kazon and the Vidiians got tiresome fast and Kes really didn't help and I wasn't too fond of her episodes (although her travelling through her life was pretty cool).

'Before and After'. One of my favourite episodes. AND the one where she got the really hot long hair. AND the catsuit!
    On a more serious note, it was great to see the foresight of the writers in planning the 'Year of Hell' story. Something sadly missing on Voyager was foresight.

sad but true...If there was a few more of the lost/ heroes clues that had popped up through the series it may have attracted more fans.

<a href=http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6278/ironsig2.jpg target=_blank>http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6278/ironsig2.jpg</a>

Difficult question to answer, Kes and Seven were both gorgous to look at, seven for her hair and boobs, great combination, and kes because she was cute and innocence to her.

Kes story I feel we should saw more about her after she became super kes able to travel a across galaxy version. It would of been great see her people again after the caretake died.

Both before and after had some of the worst and some of the best ST seen on tv or on film for that matter, the year of hell, Equinox beat anything that stng and sto did by a long shot, but then you had the some great episodes in the before seven came on board like . State of Flux, and learning curve, despite never seeing those guys again.

As for t pol an seven boobs they were great to admire and adore and you should always admire a good pair of boob just like you admire good art.

Neither...

Voyager's very best season was season 4. This was before 7 of 9. There were more diverse plot lines before 7 of 9. But season 1 and most of 2 were pretty spotty in places.

The actors improved after 7 of 9. I thought Paris and Kim both did better work after 7 of 9. But the plots became more redundant and she became far more central. If you like female themes and deep, personal mom and daughter stories, things got better after 7 of 9. She was great to look at and a strong actress. Season 7 had some real clunkers too...

It's a toss up..

Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    Neither...
    Voyager's very best season was season 4. This was before 7 of 9. There were more diverse plot lines before 7 of 9.
    Season 4 was where she was introduced. Do you mean season 3? There were lots of 7/9 episodes in season 4 because tptb had to introduce us to the character pretty much in a hurry to catch up on the 3 years the others had behind them already.

Well...

They didn't HAVE to hurry... I personally would have been content with a few less 7 of 9 eps in Season 4. In my opinion, the Paris character became incredibly weak after season 4. He only got 1 episode per season that focused on him, and it always heavily involved Torres. Whereas before S4, he got his own episodes, and, IMO, they were much better episodes.

Sitting in a corner, waiting for the 3rd SG1 movie

I think it got better after Seven was introduced, but it has a caveat for me.

I know why Ryan was cast, and her outfits were ridiculous, but getting past that, as a character, she had a Data-esque quality in her with the whole quest to be human. It was endearing.

But for me, to mark the good times of ST:VOY had more to do with Paris. In my opinion, the episodes were good when he was a Lieutenant, and were awful when he was an Ensign. I don't know why that would be, but there were a lot of silly episodes in that time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Season 4 was where she was introduced. Do you mean season 3? There were lots of 7/9 episodes in season 4 because tptb had to introduce us to the character pretty much in a hurry to catch up on the 3 years the others had behind them already.

Omigosh.. my second major gaffe of the day. You are right. At the same time, she hadn't taken over the whole show yet....

Loved season 4.....

I rewatch the show Voyager and I tell you it was way better before 7 of 9. Why?

1.- Ocampa story arc was original but poor developed by the writers of Voyager. Come one, everything start from there and the caretaker. They could not give us more of these fresh stories and they got lost some way

2.- The Borg was getting tiresome by next generation and even though it was ok to reintroduce this arc and also matter in voyager but at the end that means writers imagination was pretty poor at that point because they couldn't work fresh ideas.

3.- Every time they challenged the actress Jennifer Lien to improve her game with more demanding parts she did a pretty good job, especially when they didnt really bother to develop her character through out the series. I mean Darkling, Warlord, before and after, fury and so on, those were great performance from her, especially FURY after just to come back in such a strong way before drooping her acting career with that 1 episode. Really, the writer, producer and so on missed big time by forget it about her since the beginning and drooping an original story that belong to the Voyager alone separating them from the other trek series. What were they thinking? I dont know but that is the problem with trek series, such potential stories ruining by writers that just usually do a copy and paste of previous success from other series, in this case Borg story-line arcs.

4.- It was a matter to introduce a more sexy character since 7 of 9 actress didnt give me any good feeling as acting even though Jeri Ryan is an ok actress. For me Kes was sexier, fresh story, orginal, and more likable than 7 of 9 but some time size matter for some people if you know what I mean.

We live in a world overwhelm by sex and appearance and most opinion I read today doesn't give me any real facts why people prefer 7 of 9 more than taste rather than acting and using for a trilion time the borg story arc for success. But because of this, writers from Voyager lost to develop a unique story arc with the ocampas and caretaker that could have been far more interesting and rewarding than the Borg itself. Plus I dont know if everyone noticed, 7 of 9 character screen time was kind of imposed and got more exposure than any other character after they introduced her in the show. Previously, character development was more or less even with the exception of Kes

At the end, Voyager was more likable, at least for me, while the original cast was on with the originals story arcs about delta cuadrant. After that, the show was ok.

Best regards and sorry to bring this up but I just rewatched the show on netflix.