Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Voyager better before or after 7 of 9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    Season 4 was where she was introduced. Do you mean season 3? There were lots of 7/9 episodes in season 4 because tptb had to introduce us to the character pretty much in a hurry to catch up on the 3 years the others had behind them already.

Omigosh.. my second major gaffe of the day. You are right. At the same time, she hadn't taken over the whole show yet....

Loved season 4.....

Comment

I rewatch the show Voyager and I tell you it was way better before 7 of 9. Why?

1.- Ocampa story arc was original but poor developed by the writers of Voyager. Come one, everything start from there and the caretaker. They could not give us more of these fresh stories and they got lost some way

2.- The Borg was getting tiresome by next generation and even though it was ok to reintroduce this arc and also matter in voyager but at the end that means writers imagination was pretty poor at that point because they couldn't work fresh ideas.

3.- Every time they challenged the actress Jennifer Lien to improve her game with more demanding parts she did a pretty good job, especially when they didnt really bother to develop her character through out the series. I mean Darkling, Warlord, before and after, fury and so on, those were great performance from her, especially FURY after just to come back in such a strong way before drooping her acting career with that 1 episode. Really, the writer, producer and so on missed big time by forget it about her since the beginning and drooping an original story that belong to the Voyager alone separating them from the other trek series. What were they thinking? I dont know but that is the problem with trek series, such potential stories ruining by writers that just usually do a copy and paste of previous success from other series, in this case Borg story-line arcs.

4.- It was a matter to introduce a more sexy character since 7 of 9 actress didnt give me any good feeling as acting even though Jeri Ryan is an ok actress. For me Kes was sexier, fresh story, orginal, and more likable than 7 of 9 but some time size matter for some people if you know what I mean.

We live in a world overwhelm by sex and appearance and most opinion I read today doesn't give me any real facts why people prefer 7 of 9 more than taste rather than acting and using for a trilion time the borg story arc for success. But because of this, writers from Voyager lost to develop a unique story arc with the ocampas and caretaker that could have been far more interesting and rewarding than the Borg itself. Plus I dont know if everyone noticed, 7 of 9 character screen time was kind of imposed and got more exposure than any other character after they introduced her in the show. Previously, character development was more or less even with the exception of Kes

At the end, Voyager was more likable, at least for me, while the original cast was on with the originals story arcs about delta cuadrant. After that, the show was ok.

Best regards and sorry to bring this up but I just rewatched the show on netflix.

Comment

Working...
      X