Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil (Movie Series) appreciation thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed the first 2, but I did not find the third one very good, other then the twist at the end where she finds many siblings (clones) which should allow her to have an army of herself for the future.

I am happy to hear their will be a forth, and I hope it returns to more of the type of plot and cinematography we had in the first 2 movies.
    ---------------------
    sigpic
    Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
      i like them emphasis on like, nothing more, we got claire redfeild eventually but she's blonde!, and no mention of either chris or leon!! what's up with that!
      Claire was in a resi evil movie I must have missed that

I do enjoy the movies (Loved the games), but I wish they didn't make the hero all genetically modified superhuman, I also wish we got the actual characters from the game i.e. Claire, Chris etc playing a big part...We did get Jill in the second movie!

I've ordered resi evil 2,3 and Degeneration on blu-ray You were getting 3 for 2 at amazon

Resident evil movies
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I definitely enjoyed all 3 Resident Evil movies we've gotten so far. I can't wait to hear more about the fourth installment.
        I agree
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          Cool. As long as I get my clone army kicking ass, I do not mind where it is set. Through the fourth film should finish off series.
          Most likely. I really hope this one is epic.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think the 3rd film was lacking in zombies...

I mean, come on! Resident evil is about zombies.

They hardly had any in the film.

Who can forget the horrible CGI with them at the fences?

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
              I'm so glad you asked.

The RE movie franchise lacks something that the games had. Good storylines and scary scenes. Sure, the game dialogue was mostly always crap but they didn't have to rely on half-naked, make-up covered cartoony girls to carry the weight of it all.

Unfortunately, the movies are just a good example of how not to make horror films and how not to channel good ideas through bad sources. Paul WS Anderson made one good film once upon a time (Event Horizon), but Resi-Evil and it's subsequent sequels plummetted into the abyss of craptasticness from the moment some movie executives said 'go'.
              I agree.

In my opinion they're both BAD Resident Evil films, and 2 & 3 are simply bad films.

Not only is the entire nature of Umbrella, the roles played by key members and in fact all of the back story destroyed. For example - Wesker, not being a treacherous ******* like he isin the games and screwing EVERYONE over, not just STARS. Chris Redfield not even existing... but they even changed how the outbreaks occured.

No I'm sorry - bad Resident Evil films that had a very clever and intriguing conspiracy orientated plot, they also butchered the characterisations of Jill and Claire. They turned Jill into a foul mouthed hard ass *****, when in fact, despite (supposedly) being Ex-Rangers, Jill in the games was a well to do and very pleasent woman. Claire additionally, was a NICE college girl, not some chain smoking *****, and generally 2 & 3 were simply bad movies.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                Claire was in a resi evil movie I must have missed that
                I do enjoy the movies (Loved the games), but I wish they didn't make the hero all genetically modified superhuman, I also wish we got the actual characters from the game i.e. Claire, Chris etc playing a big part...We did get Jill in the second movie!

I've ordered resi evil 2,3 and Degeneration on blu-ray You were getting 3 for 2 at amazon

Resident evil movies
                yes she was, she was played by ali larter (of heroes fame) in the 3rd one.
                she's also in degeneration, and so is leon, but it is unconnected the the other movies, and was truely based on the game universe, unfortunately however it is not a particularly great movie, and the CGI is mostly not much better than RE5 cutscenes, in fact in some bit's i swear it is worse.
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

yes she was, she was played by ali larter (of heroes fame) in the 3rd one.
                  she's also in degeneration, and so is leon, but it is unconnected the the other movies, and was truely based on the game universe, unfortunately however it is not a particularly great movie, and the CGI is mostly not much better than RE5 cutscenes, in fact in some bit's i swear it is worse.
                  Ah right, no wonder I didn't remember. I've only seen the third movie once and that was by *cough* other means

Ah well, pity that degeneration ain't that good, I guess i'm a lost cause, any resi evil fix is good enough for me
                  sigpic

Comment

I disagree - I very much enjoyed Degeneration.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      I disagree - I very much enjoyed Degeneration.
                      Oh? Well i'll find out soon when I get it
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        Oh? Well i'll find out soon when I get it
                        Personally, I thought Degeneration was pretty decent.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

oh don't get me wrong, i liked it, but it could have been better, and faster paced. i only saw it once and i felt it dragged on a bit in the middle.
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Personally, I thought Degeneration was pretty decent.
                            oh don't get me wrong, i liked it, but it could have been better, and faster paced. i only saw it once and i felt it dragged on a bit in the middle.
                            I got it today and watched it earlier It was pretty good. It wasn't out of this world great by any means but I rather quite enjoyed it. And AvatarIII, I understand what you mean, it did kinda drag a little in parts and I think we could have had more zombies running, no wait, they don't run...Um shuffling around and more running around by our guys And maybe some zombie dogs in there too heh ok, too much?

One thing Degeneration has over the actual movies is characters that wer actually in the game playing a prominent part, i.e. Leon and Claire That's one of the things I was disappointed about with the movie!
                            sigpic

Comment

Fourth 'Resident Evil' movie confirmed

A fourth Resident Evil movie is being planned for next year, according to ShockTillYouDrop.

Titled Resident Evil: Afterlife, the movie is reportedly scheduled for release by September 17, 2010. However, it is not yet known whether Milla Jovovich will reprise her role as Alice.

Paul W.S. Anderson is said to be writing the script for Sony, with Capcom once again involved.

Despite being hailed as the final chapter, the previous movie ended with a cliffhanger featuring the Alice clones seeking revenge on the Umbrella Corporation in Tokyo.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a...confirmed.html

Comment

Sweet! It is nice to have it official now.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X