Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil (Movie Series) appreciation thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil (Movie Series) appreciation thread!

I LOVE all three of them!

There is also a fourth film coming.

milla jovovitch................ sexy but non-practical outfits............. kicking zombie ass............... whats not to like!!!
    sigpic
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
      milla jovovitch................ sexy but non-practical outfits............. kicking zombie ass............... whats not to like!!!
      Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
        I'm so glad you asked.

The RE movie franchise lacks something that the games had. Good storylines and scary scenes. Sure, the game dialogue was mostly always crap but they didn't have to rely on half-naked, make-up covered cartoony girls to carry the weight of it all.

Unfortunately, the movies are just a good example of how not to make horror films and how not to channel good ideas through bad sources. Paul WS Anderson made one good film once upon a time (Event Horizon), but Resi-Evil and it's subsequent sequels plummetted into the abyss of craptasticness from the moment some movie executives said 'go'.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
          I'm so glad you asked.

The RE movie franchise lacks something that the games had. Good storylines and scary scenes. Sure, the game dialogue was mostly always crap but they didn't have to rely on half-naked, make-up covered cartoony girls to carry the weight of it all.
          but the games, you drove the story, you get to the next room etc. films drive you. as far as game/film conversions go it is rubbish, name one that's good!!(i do like streetfighter for its whole 'tongue in cheek' attitude and MK isn't the worst supernatural kung fu movie i've seen) but they would be unlikely to please a lot of the game fans, if only because your fav character doesn't win.(sektor in MK, not even in the films) i'd only like a resi film if it did have the bad voicing like resi 1 did.......... "hi........ Jill, i'''''''m..... barry, whesker........ did it."

Unfortunately, the movies are just a good example of how not to make horror films
          i never considered them horror, "action that shares the name" maybe?
          and how not to channel good ideas through bad sources.
          so don't make films based on games then?
          Paul WS Anderson made one good film once upon a time (Event Horizon),
          good movie its like a really good "sunshine"
          but Resi-Evil and it's subsequent sequels plummetted into the abyss of craptasticness from the moment some movie executives said 'go'.
          i think your expectations are way too high for any game based movie.
          sigpic
          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

I definitely enjoyed all 3 Resident Evil movies we've gotten so far. I can't wait to hear more about the fourth installment.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I definitely enjoyed all 3 Resident Evil movies we've gotten so far. I can't wait to hear more about the fourth installment.
              Spoiler:
              Ive heard it will be set in Japan and Alaska mostly.

Comment

i like them emphasis on like, nothing more, we got claire redfeild eventually but she's blonde!, and no mention of either chris or leon!! what's up with that!
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                  i like them emphasis on like, nothing more, we got claire redfeild eventually but she's blonde!, and no mention of either chris or leon!! what's up with that!
                  http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/im...444790-000.jpg

does that look Blond to you???

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII
                    yes... a dark blonde yes, but claire redfeild is supposed to have red hair.
                    her hair in the movie is light brown... not blonde.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith queen inga View Post
                      her hair in the movie is light brown... not blonde.
                      light brown, dark blonde, there's a fine line.
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wraith queen inga View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Ive heard it will be set in Japan and Alaska mostly.
                        Cool. As long as I get my clone army kicking ass, I do not mind where it is set. Through the fourth film should finish off series.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                          I'm so glad you asked.

And what wrong with half naked, make up covered cartoony girls.

I think you expected to much from Films base on games. Through I do reckon that film people ignored games that actually had a descent story.

Okay I am forgetting FF film which is base on a game with a story and I am probably the only one in the entire cinema that enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            Okay I am forgetting FF film which is base on a game with a story and I am probably the only one in the entire cinema that enjoyed it.
                            i didn't think the FF movie was based on any of the games.
                            i quite liked it but most FF fans hate it because it has so little to do with FF.
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            Quotes!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                              i didn't think the FF movie was based on any of the games.
                              i quite liked it but most FF fans hate it because it has so little to do with FF.
                              Many elements of FF7 was in the film but it was not base directly on a story from the game or any of the other games, which is a shame because seeing some of those summons done in a film, the could look gorgeous.

Well I consider my FF fan having completed every game except 11. And own every game apart from 11, and 7,, which I refuse to pay 60 quid for in a second hand shop a couple of years ago. It more than what I would of paid for it when it was release but it a classic and probably worth the money.
                              Last edited by knowles2; 01 May 2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X