X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU Filming Location

I'm at work so I'll keep this short.

I take the 41/43 in the mornings to work and the SGU arrow signs were up. They're currently at the park at Carnarvon Street and 41st Avenue, across from Crofton House School.

I'm probably going to go grab one of the SGU arrow signs later . I grabbed one of the Atlantis ones when they were here filming a few years ago at UBC.

Cheers,

Xanderic
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

lucky guy...I know where they film sanctuary. Martin Wood has a nice car.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic View Post

I take the 41/43 in the mornings to work and the SGU arrow signs were up. They're currently at the park at Carnarvon Street and 41st Avenue, across from Crofton House School.

Xanderic
      I heard they are filming the part where

Spoiler:
      They Recruit 3/4 of the crew directly from highschool..... ZING!
      BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
        I heard they are filming the part where

Spoiler:
        They Recruit 3/4 of the crew directly from highschool..... ZING!
        possibly.. however, Crofton House is a private girls school and the senior school is currently under reconstruction, planned opening for the 2009-2010 school year.
        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I'm probably going to go grab one of the SGU arrow signs later . I grabbed one of the Atlantis ones when they were here filming a few years ago at UBC.

Cheers,

Xanderic
          Nice. Cool sig, by the way. Xander is my brother's name.

Comment

I grabbed one of the Atlantis ones when they were here filming a few years ago at UBC.
            Finally! People, gear up, we have the location of the missing SGA sign. We don't leave a sign behind! MOVE OUT!

Comment

Damn if I didn't have to work today. I would go check it out!!!
              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Hey Xanderic! Long time no see!

Dammit. Leave it to them to film right along my route to UBC when the term's over and I'm stuck at home without a car.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Hey Xanderic! Long time no see!

Dammit. Leave it to them to film right along my route to UBC when the term's over and I'm stuck at home without a car.
                  Yeah.. I haven't been on for a while... almost failed my courses from non-stop gaming so i concentrated on school.... and I go to UBC everyday anyways lol... I work there as student staff.

I got off at Carnarvon after work and walked around the block but couldn't find the filming... they probably wrapped for the day, the parking lot was pretty empty... as shown below:

The Trailer on the left side of the screen was hair and makeup and the trailer beside that was for the actors/producers etc

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                  Damn if I didn't have to work today. I would go check it out!!!
                  Skip work or go after work.. .like me.

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                  Finally! People, gear up, we have the location of the missing SGA sign. We don't leave a sign behind! MOVE OUT!
                  MUWAHAHAHAHA. I'm a rebel.

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
                  lucky guy...I know where they film sanctuary. Martin Wood has a nice car.
                  This was from 2005 at the Stargate Film Haunt on Halloween....we were taking these pics and then one of the guys on a golf cart showed my friend and me the SGA set.. we were shaking so much I only got 1 good picture of the set... all the rest were blurry. but it was the experience that mattered.

Comment

They should come and film down under. The producers can a have a drink on me (when i turn 18).
                    Some say that he has only one ear.
                    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                    All we know is he's called
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah.. I haven't been on for a while... almost failed my courses from non-stop gaming so i concentrated on school.... and I go to UBC everyday anyways lol... I work there as student staff.

I got off at Carnarvon after work and walked around the block but couldn't find the filming... they probably wrapped for the day, the parking lot was pretty empty... as shown below:
                      http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85...c/Image180.jpg

The Trailer on the left side of the screen was hair and makeup and the trailer beside that was for the actors/producers etc

Skip work or go after work.. .like me.

MUWAHAHAHAHA. I'm a rebel.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85...c/CIMG4135.jpg

This was from 2005 at the Stargate Film Haunt on Halloween....we were taking these pics and then one of the guys on a golf cart showed my friend and me the SGA set.. we were shaking so much I only got 1 good picture of the set... all the rest were blurry. but it was the experience that mattered.
                      http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85...c/DSCN1060.jpg
                      http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85...c/DSCN1065.jpg
                      Unforuntly I worked untill 11pm tonght!!!

Maybe I will check it out tomorrow. I don't work then!!!
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Unforuntly I worked untill 11pm tonght!!!

Maybe I will check it out tomorrow. I don't work then!!!
                        I passed by going to work. everyone's gone now.

Comment

I passed by going to work. everyone's gone now.
                          Yeah I noticed that today. I sought out the park today and noticed no vehicles. One question, the parking area where the trucks and cars were parked in your picture. Was that the big dirt area with the soccer goal posts around the edges??

Ah well not a totally wasted day off. On my way home to North Van. I swung by GM Place and the Offical team store, to pick up some Canucks Gear. And then tonight I went out for supper to White-Spot (my fave BC restuarant chain) and then took in the new X-Men flick (10 thumbs up. IT ROCKS)!!!
                          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                          VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Yeah I noticed that today. I sought out the park today and noticed no vehicles. One question, the parking area where the trucks and cars were parked in your picture. Was that the big dirt area with the soccer goal posts around the edges??

Ah well not a totally wasted day off. On my way home to North Van. I swung by GM Place and the Offical team store, to pick up some Canucks Gear. And then tonight I went out for supper to White-Spot (my fave BC restuarant chain) and then took in the new X-Men flick (10 thumbs up. IT ROCKS)!!!
                            I think you're talking about the upper plateau with all the soccer goal posts. This was the one that's just beside 41st, the big dirt area. There were more cars and trucks in the morning when I passed by than when I went there.

Comment

I think you're talking about the upper plateau with all the soccer goal posts. This was the one that's just beside 41st, the big dirt area. There were more cars and trucks in the morning when I passed by than when I went there.
                              The dirt area was what I was thinking of!!! There was nothing there when I went yesterday!!!
                              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                              VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X